Supplements That Reduce Cortisol?

M

member 6316

currently this is the list I have: rhodiola rosea +Ashwagandha + Phosphatidylserine + Holy Basil + Relora

Eleuthero supposedly has some reducing effect on cortisol too .
Ginkgo Biloba and Hibiscus Sabdariffa inhibit the ACTH which would lower I imagine cortisol since ACTH is connected to CRF1 (cortisol releasing hormone 1).

l-glycine also reduces cortisol.
and 2,5 gram lysine + 2,5 gram arginine combo reduces cortisol I think.

Are there any other methods supplements etc that has been show to reduce cortisol significally ?

Last edited by a moderator:

raypeatclips

Haidut has posted some studies in the past about vitamin A and vitamin D lowering high cortisol levels. Have you had either of those tested, or have enough of those vitamins? What if vitamin deficiencies are the cause of high cortisol and all the other herbs are just masking the real problem?

OP
M

member 6316

Haidut has posted some studies in the past about vitamin A and vitamin D lowering high cortisol levels. Have you had either of those tested, or have enough of those vitamins? What if vitamin deficiencies are the cause of high cortisol and all the other herbs are just masking the real problem?
doubt it.

I agree. High cortisol is an adaptive response. Unburdening the body, by meeting nutritional requirements, removing bad foods and mental stress, had been the most productive method I've found to reduce cortisol. This incorporates many, many things, but I think the crux of it all is - minimise stress.

Vinero

Are you eating enough food? Getting enough calories, carbs, protein, minerals?
No supplement will work as good as real food does. Try eating until you can't possibly take another bite, then lie down on the couch.

Vinero

Topical or oral vitamin A and D?
What dosage do you use?
I have retinil and calcirol from idealabs, but unsure what dosage to take oral vs topical.
I also have estroban which works fine, but sometimes is a bit hard on the digestion if used multiple days in a row.

raypeatclips

everything

You don't believe the authenticity of the studies haidut posted showing vit A and D lower cortisol? Are you able to explain the flaws in these studies? If not, and the use of vit A and D lower cortisol, why is it implausible that a deficiency causes raised cortisol? What do you think causes high cortisol, ashwaghanda deficiency? LOL

raypeatclips

Topical or oral vitamin A and D?
What dosage do you use?
I have retinil and calcirol from idealabs, but unsure what dosage to take oral vs topical.
I also have estroban which works fine, but sometimes is a bit hard on the digestion if used multiple days in a row.

I just do topical, my gut isn't keen on some far solubles. There was a study using 6,000iu per day of D topically that raised blood levels to around 37 Ng/ml approximately I believe, and Peat says he uses 20,000iu D topically when he uses it, so hopefully that will help you with dosages.

B

Braveheart

I just do topical, my gut isn't keen on some far solubles. There was a study using 6,000iu per day of D topically that raised blood levels to around 37 Ng/ml approximately I believe, and Peat says he uses 20,000iu D this
opically when he uses it, so hopefully that will help you with dosages.
thank you for this

OP
M

member 6316

You don't believe the authenticity of the studies haidut posted showing vit A and D lower cortisol? Are you able to explain the flaws in these studies? If not, and the use of vit A and D lower cortisol, why is it implausible that a deficiency causes raised cortisol? What do you think causes high cortisol, ashwaghanda deficiency? LOL
im thinking I have some Unknown autoimmune disorder causing high cortisol/acth or HPA dysfunction.*there are over 80 different types of autoimmune disorders that affect various organs, glands, systems and functions throughout the body* If not that just plain gene mutations causing this.

raypeatclips

im thinking I have some Unknown autoimmune disorder causing high cortisol/acth or HPA dysfunction.*there are over 80 different types of autoimmune disorders that affect various organs, glands, systems and functions throughout the body* If not that just plain gene mutations causing this.

IMO people on here (and maybe everywhere) over complicate things far too much. I have thought I have had so many different issues in the past that I have googled and researched, and later decided I don't have that issue. People have a tendency to think they have something more serious and horrible than they do.

While of course I am not rubbishing what you are saying or your health conditions, but unless you have had an autoimmune condition diagnosed from a doctor (I'm not saying doctors are great, but they do have the benefit of being an unbiased set of eyes) Or you have serious symptoms that point towards an autoimmune condition, I'd wonder why you suddenly jumped to thinking you have an autoimmune condition, rather than something else?

Btw vitamin D deficiency is linked to a whole load of "autoimmune" conditions such as MS, lupus, arthritis, IBS/IBD. You can find studies on the internet about this, and anecdotes of people that have improved symptoms through vitamin D supplementation. This back round to my initial question, what if it's just a vitamin D deficiency?

Vitamin D in Autoimmunity: Molecular Mechanisms and Therapeutic Potential

Vitamin D and systemic lupus erythematosus

Vinero

IMO people on here (and maybe everywhere) over complicate things far too much. I have thought I have had so many different issues in the past that I have googled and researched, and later decided I don't have that issue. People have a tendency to think they have something more serious and horrible than they do.

While of course I am not rubbishing what you are saying or your health conditions, but unless you have had an autoimmune condition diagnosed from a doctor (I'm not saying doctors are great, but they do have the benefit of being an unbiased set of eyes) Or you have serious symptoms that point towards an autoimmune condition, I'd wonder why you suddenly jumped to thinking you have an autoimmune condition, rather than something else?

Btw vitamin D deficiency is linked to a whole load of "autoimmune" conditions such as MS, lupus, arthritis, IBS/IBD. You can find studies on the internet about this, and anecdotes of people that have improved symptoms through vitamin D supplementation. This back round to my initial question, what if it's just a vitamin D deficiency?

Vitamin D in Autoimmunity: Molecular Mechanisms and Therapeutic Potential

Vitamin D and systemic lupus erythematosus
You are wrong he just needs more Rhodiola rosea and Ashwagandha.
Ray Peat talks about those those in every interview and article he has written, didn't you know?
You know that Ray Peat never talks about vitamin D and thyroid being similar in action,
thats why he would never make a whole podcast with KMUD about Vitamin D.

Last edited:

lampofred

Niacinamide, gelatin, aspirin, carrot salad.

raypeatclips

You are wrong he just needs more Rhodiola rosea and Ashwagandha.
Ray Peat talks about those those in every interview and article he has written, didn't you know?
You know that Ray Peat never talks about vitamin D and thyroid being similar in action,
thats why he would never make a whole podcast with KMUD about Vitamin D.

What were your ashwaghanda levels in your last blood test btw? Trying to sort my dose out.

Mauritio

I had something really strange happen the last days.
I was taking pregnenolone and i was feeling great besides i couldnt sleep at night ,which was due to high cortisol i suppose .. Tried everything of my normal sleep sups and not even melatonin helped ..
Then i tried 1 drop of lugols iodine and was able to sleep within minutes !
Same goes for daytime . Iodine seems to relieve my cortisol symptoms . Repeatetly. Can anyone make sense of that ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom