Supplements Straw Poll

Jem Oz

Am currently feeling confused about whether to supplement or not. Pretty much everything sounds beneficial! Including the advice to steer clear of supplements...

Anyone else get confused? So many great articles/threads. Would like to know if others regularly supplement, occasionally supplement, or actively avoid?

Would also like some general advice - is getting bloodwork done essential before supplementing? Is the best approach to try just one or two products at any one time? How do you know when to taper off and stop?

Do people think it's genuinely possible to get everything the body needs from food?

Feel free to answer any/all/none of the above questions

tara

I continue with some supplemental micronutrients because I think some specific ones assisted with specific observable symptoms, and I figure that's an indication that I was deficient in them. When I've neglected to take them for a while those symptoms returned. If I didn't get symptoms, I'd likely neglect them more, maybe stop taking them altogether

For instance, I've been supplementing calcium, magnesium and zinc in modest amounts for quite a while. Symptoms in fingernails (white spots, magnesium and/or calcium), skin (itchy rash, zinc) and muscles (cramp, magnesium) all gave indicators.

I don't think supplements are necessary or beneficial for everyone, or that the same ones are necessarily useful long-term for everyone.

I think some people can get most or all of what they need from food, but it depends on their individual needs and resources:
- eg people in good health probably absorb and retain minerals from food more effectively
- higher metabolism may require more of some nutrients
- access to good quality produce
- time and energy to source and prepare food
- skills in cooking
- skills in gardening and soil management

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals