Supplements/Medications You Regret Trying?

Advocate2021

1) various estrogen and medical progestin/progesterone regimens for 12 years when misdiagnose as a teenager through twenties
2) the countl;ess resulting psychistric drugs, antibiotics and other drugs prescribed due to the estorgen poisoning
3)Grapefruit Seed Extract-- took it only for one week and stopped six weeks ago-- still have remnants of insane drug reaction rash from it--never never again--was trying to treat sinus thing with it to avoid taking antibiotic but ended up taking....
4) doxycicline for only one week-- had worked for years on fixing my intestine with excellent results --is it possible an antibiotic can just demolish all of that in one week? arghhh

Phosphor

Colloidal silver: After a long term severe toxic mold exposure I had fungal toenail bed infections in three toes. I knew better than to take the pharmaceuticals that didn't work and damaged the liver, but I found quite a few testimonials of people who had used topical colloidal silver and fixed it. I put wet cotton balls on my toes overnight for two weeks, and was too stupid to stop when I was getting severe pain. The result was that my entire left foot and most of my calf went numb, the foot turned bright red and its temperature dropped several degrees compared to the other foot. In short, I had basically managed to cause the femoral artery to clog up as an adverse reaction to the CS, as well as nerve damage. An excellent acupuncturist, over time, returned most of the feeling to my foot and calf, but the circulation problem took a couple years to get better as my body constructed new circulation paths. I still am limited by decreased blood flow to that calf and cannot walk at a normal pace because of the burn that quickly develops. Before that, I was a fan of CS. Now, I have found out there is no way to chelate it out and I'm stuck with it and allergic to it to boot.

Flagyl, Cipro: I had dysentery-like symptoms for a full year and finally gave in and took an antibiotic (flagyl.) Not only did it not work, it caused an extreme inflammatory response and I now am going on six months of tendon pain in my arms that has severely limited use. That abx put me over some toxin tipping point, and of course tendon problems are not part of the black box for flagyl. However, before I was as educated as I am now, I was given five, ten day rounds of cipro for diarrhea in about 2008, that did not fix it either (and it was caused by mold exposure, something most doctors are totally ignorant of.) That diarrhea finally went away when I got out of mold exposure and treated that, which took years. I have read that being "floxxed" might not manifest for quite a few years, and I think the flagyl toxicity brought about the "floxxing."
So I fervently wish I had not taken the flagyl, and of course in retrospect the cipro. I no longer trust allopathy in the slightest.

Glycine: I saw a Klinghardt interview in which he said to take huge doses of glycine to get the glyphosate out of your body. After a week or two I noticed I had dark circles under my eyes (first time in 71 years) and did a freak-out. Eyes tender too. Then I read somewhere (thank you, whoever) that glycine can cause dark circles, and I lowered the dose to 1000 forthwith. Dark circles left, but eyes are still tender. I think I will stop it completely for a couple of weeks, then perhaps try again at a low dose. Not good when the cure is worse than the disease. I generally respect both Mercola and Klinghardt, but both tend to go wayward at times, I think. Moderation in all things?

Things that have worked wonders:

Sinus/Ear: I got that vertigo bug that was going around last summer...I knew people all over the country who were having sudden attacks of vertigo. I found it strange since all were being extremely careful to avoid covid, and none of us had / have gotten covid but we got this vertigo thing. I was doing the Epley maneuver several times a day, and I decided to do what works for MARCoNS sinus infections, which is neti pot with 1t baking soda, 1t salt, 1t Xylitol, twice a day. Over about a month it cleared it entirely, meaning it fixed both the sinus and ear infections.

Intestinal: After the flagyl mess, I took a supplement that I saw someone on FB say had fixed her SIBO (also very hard to treat.) It is Intestin-ol and it fixed this round of pathogens in one bottle's worth. It is three essential oils in a gel cap: oregano, clove, and thyme. (The problem was pathogenic bacteria based on GIMAP test, but just flooding with "good" bacteria did not work.)

Eden Energy Medicine: I developed PTSD after a recurrent mold exposure (if you're not familiar what mold does to the susceptible, and it's NOT an allergy, please hold judgment until you learn more) and was in dire straits. Eden Energy Medicine has helped and continues to help immensely.

7-keto DHEA: after reading a study where women with PTSD who took 4X100 of 7-keto DHEA and were able to return to normal lives, I decided to try that despite the cost. Definitely beneficial.

L-theonine: For those of us who are GABA-deficient, this can be extremely helpful. 400mg upon rising, daily.

BearWithMe

Colloidal silver: After a long term severe toxic mold exposure I had fungal toenail bed infections in three toes. I knew better than to take the pharmaceuticals that didn't work and damaged the liver, but I found quite a few testimonials of people who had used topical colloidal silver and fixed it. I put wet cotton balls on my toes overnight for two weeks, and was too stupid to stop when I was getting severe pain. The result was that my entire left foot and most of my calf went numb, the foot turned bright red and its temperature dropped several degrees compared to the other foot. In short, I had basically managed to cause the femoral artery to clog up as an adverse reaction to the CS, as well as nerve damage. An excellent acupuncturist, over time, returned most of the feeling to my foot and calf, but the circulation problem took a couple years to get better as my body constructed new circulation paths. I still am limited by decreased blood flow to that calf and cannot walk at a normal pace because of the burn that quickly develops. Before that, I was a fan of CS. Now, I have found out there is no way to chelate it out and I'm stuck with it and allergic to it to boot.

Flagyl, Cipro: I had dysentery-like symptoms for a full year and finally gave in and took an antibiotic (flagyl.) Not only did it not work, it caused an extreme inflammatory response and I now am going on six months of tendon pain in my arms that has severely limited use. That abx put me over some toxin tipping point, and of course tendon problems are not part of the black box for flagyl. However, before I was as educated as I am now, I was given five, ten day rounds of cipro for diarrhea in about 2008, that did not fix it either (and it was caused by mold exposure, something most doctors are totally ignorant of.) That diarrhea finally went away when I got out of mold exposure and treated that, which took years. I have read that being "floxxed" might not manifest for quite a few years, and I think the flagyl toxicity brought about the "floxxing."
So I fervently wish I had not taken the flagyl, and of course in retrospect the cipro. I no longer trust allopathy in the slightest.

Glycine: I saw a Klinghardt interview in which he said to take huge doses of glycine to get the glyphosate out of your body. After a week or two I noticed I had dark circles under my eyes (first time in 71 years) and did a freak-out. Eyes tender too. Then I read somewhere (thank you, whoever) that glycine can cause dark circles, and I lowered the dose to 1000 forthwith. Dark circles left, but eyes are still tender. I think I will stop it completely for a couple of weeks, then perhaps try again at a low dose. Not good when the cure is worse than the disease. I generally respect both Mercola and Klinghardt, but both tend to go wayward at times, I think. Moderation in all things?

Sinus/Ear: I got that vertigo bug that was going around last summer...I knew people all over the country who were having sudden attacks of vertigo. I found it strange since all were being extremely careful to avoid covid, and none of us had / have gotten covid but we got this vertigo thing. I was doing the Epley maneuver several times a day, and I decided to do what works for MARCoNS sinus infections, which is neti pot with 1t baking soda, 1t salt, 1t Xylitol, twice a day. Over about a month it cleared it entirely, meaning it fixed both the sinus and ear infections.

Intestinal: After the flagyl mess, I took a supplement that I saw someone on FB say had fixed her SIBO (also very hard to treat.) It is Intestin-ol and it fixed this round of pathogens in one bottle's worth. It is three essential oils in a gel cap: oregano, clove, and thyme. (The problem was pathogenic bacteria based on GIMAP test, but just flooding with "good" bacteria did not work.)

Eden Energy Medicine: I developed PTSD after a recurrent mold exposure (if you're not familiar what mold does to the susceptible, and it's NOT an allergy, please hold judgment until you learn more) and was in dire straits. Eden Energy Medicine has helped and continues to help immensely.

7-keto DHEA: after reading a study where women with PTSD who took 4X100 of 7-keto DHEA and were able to return to normal lives, I decided to try that despite the cost. Definitely beneficial.

L-theonine: For those of us who are GABA-deficient, this can be extremely helpful. 400mg upon rising, daily.
Very interesting post, thanks for sharing!

AndroordnA

yohimbine = extreme anxiety, paranoid for hours

ksm-66 = hard to describe the feeling I had with this, but dident feel like myself

clen = only panic attack I’ve ever had in my life

various Painkillers = had an accident tearing my ligaments and other injuries and for about a year was popping whatever was available to get through 12 hour shifts on my feet, took me a while to realise I was hooked and booked 2 weeks holiday and went cold turkey, was a few months before I stopped thinking about them every time I woke up, was pretty awful. becoming obsessed with health, anti ageing, exercise and the mrs really got me through it though.

would like to see a thread = supplements/medications you Tried that’s worked (or something along those lines)

AndroordnA

That’s very interesting regarding glycine, I feel it’s helping my sleep and other things but I’ve also noticed dark circles lately and couldent work out what was doing it so the very helpful. I love 7-Keto, I use a transdermal version of it.

P

Peatness

I have been too enthusiastic about supplements in the past, some of which caused a great deal of harm. My fish oil days were numerous. The one supplement that almost killed me was Serrapeptase enzyme. A few years ago I sustained life changing internal injuries from using it. Basically it destroyed my insides and fried my connective tissues. I was left with systemic scarring. If I had discovered Dr Peats work before using it I would have learnt that what I needed was adequate calcium and vitamin K. I was replete in Vitamin D at the time but without adequate calcium and vitamin K I was simply calcifying myself. In those days I was also ignorant about fat burning, which is a no no when you are full of Pufa. I feel lucky to have found Dr Peat and this forum. It has been my only hope since doctors seem to want to fill me with big Pharma toxins.

Starship

Gelatin 50g a day. I started getting cold sores and getting viral infections very often.

Phosphor

I was destroyed by Enzyme Defense (which also has serrapeptase in it,) one thing I forgot to put in my first post. A friend was rhapsodizing about the good it had done her; I read the book telling how to use it, TWICE, and proceeded towards my demise. I did not recognize the first symptom as such; the bottom of both sides of my rib cage was painful to lie on, forcing me to sleep on my back. I went bed shopping and bought a new, more comfortable bed, and increased the dose of the ED. It is supposed to eat biofilms, and it did so in spades, releasing something in my left chest area that was behind my feeling "not quite right" that caused me to use the ED in the first place, when my Rife machine kept giving me horrid herxes with very little exposure. I came down with an illness that, now, would be thought to be covid, in that I ran a high fever for three weeks, had an unstoppable dry "throat cough," incredible pain levels in my chest that moved about, and slept 20 hours a day. I did not know someone could sleep through that level of pain. I never recovered normal energy, that was in 2017, and I still have not. I started using my Rife machine *wisely* and have only recently stopped because it appears that it finally has eradicated whatever that was. I had every test the doctors could think of and nothing came back positive. I still don't know what it was but assume it was viral/fungal. The herx was unlike anything I had felt before either.

Trying to recover my energy after that, I went to a local NMD who said IV ozone (gas) would restore my energy. I don't know how much he gave me, but it destroyed my blood supply. I was having TIAs and rapidly developed severe pain in muscles when I tried to use them. I had to ride the scooter in stores for a full year and had a handicap plate. Another NMD saved my life; we did a live blood test, and the only thing present was clots. Amazing I didn't die. He put me on high dose pycnogenol and a few other things. I still take pycnogenol. The ozone did at least as much damage as the above virus. My CRP went up to 92 (yes) after the ozone. That guy is still giving people ozone, too, and there is nothing I can do to stop him.

-Luke-

long-term Vitamin D: joint pain, headaches
Vitamin K2 (MK-7-Form): headaches, pressure behind eyes, insomnia
Glycine: Used it for sleep, gave me terrible insomnia
Taurine: Same as glycine

To be honest, I had bad reactions to a lot of supplements. Some gave me the exact opposite results than what I was hoping to get from taking them (like glycine, taurine,...). I feel a lot better when I don't take any supplements at all (wallet feels better too...). Nowadays I take Vit. E occasionally (for example when I'm eating out), rub a bit of magnesium oil on my skin and have some zinc like once a week.

boris

Lidocaine.

Don't really regret it now, but it was a pretty scary experience. I took 100mg, well diluted after a fibrous and fatty meal. Lidocaine seems to be lipophilic, so I think it has concentrated in the fat and fiber, and was later released all at once. I woke up in the middle of the night because my breathing had stopped for a while.

I wrote Dr. Peat about it and he said he never took more than 20mg at once.

xborg

That’s very interesting regarding glycine, I feel it’s helping my sleep and other things but I’ve also noticed dark circles lately and couldent work out what was doing it so the very helpful. I love 7-Keto, I use a transdermal version of it.
Yes, I've been taking 1/2 to 1 tsp of glycine per day and it seems to have helped my working memory. But I have also developed dark circles which I did not connect to glycine. Time to experiment...

Sefton10

Wow, I’ve been having vertigo/sinus issues for the last few months that really got much worse recently. This is the first I’ve seen anyone refer to an actual vertigo bug that was going around, but it would explain so much. I finished a course of antibiotics yesterday and have been doing a salt/baking soda sinus rinse. I have some xylitol so will add a little bit of that in there too.

Phosphor

I just wanted to make a general comment that sometimes there is a specified protocol for a reason, that reason being that it has been empirically shown to work. So when I see "take some of that" for whatever.....no wonder people don't get the results, because "some of that" doesn't mean anything at all. It might cause one person to take a pinch and another person to take a tablespoon full. So the formula, 1t each of salt, baking soda, xylitol in one cup of water, is one that was empirically arrived at to treat MARCoNS, and that specific formula is what worked to eradicate whatever bug was causing my sinus and ear infection. So I'd ask you to not just "add a little bit ot that" because you are not following the protocol that was empirically found to work.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals