Supplements/Medications You Regret Trying?

SOMO

1. Licorice
-Got hyper-aldosteronism/hyper-cortisolism within 1 day of using

2. Yohimbine HCl
-Extremely strong and uncomfortable heart palpitations

3. Finasteride
-Screwed up my libido and ability to get an erection for almost a year after.

LUH 3417

Minocycline

my hair and nails became super brittle and pretty sure it tanked my thyroid

Attakai

Modafinil - Took it everyday for a few years, MAJOR anxiety withdrawal for 6 months, it was terrible
Melatonin - Started taking it around 13. Messed up my natural sleep cycle.(Could be useful occasionally for jet lag though)
Androsterone - Didn't do anything besides make me hairier and quicker beard growth + a 5 o clock shadow(unwanted)

peateats1

Bacteriophages. Specifically Arthur Andrew Medical brand Floraphage.

I'm six months out from taking them and still f'd up in so many ways.

They caused...

Elevated liver enzymes
Hydrogen sulfide gas/bacterial overgrowth
Stimulation of angiotensin system
Poor circulation
Dropped my temperature from mid 98's to upper 96's
Hair loss
Fibromyalgia
Diarrhea
Lowered co2
Panic attacks
Low blood sodium and potassium
Angina
Tachycardia
High blood pressure
Chronic fatigue syndrome
Yellow skin
Psoriasis
Angiodemas
High estrogen
$10,000+ in medical bills

I could go on and on and on

Attakai

Woah how long did you take them for?
I was actually taking this a couple of months ago but stopped cause I didn't notice any difference.
I guess we're all different and have different bacteria in our guts.

Andman

I'm six months out from taking them and still f'd up in so many ways.

They caused...

Elevated liver enzymes
Hydrogen sulfide gas/bacterial overgrowth
Stimulation of angiotensin system
Poor circulation
Dropped my temperature from mid 98's to upper 96's
Hair loss
Fibromyalgia
Diarrhea
Lowered co2
Panic attacks
Low blood sodium and potassium
Angina
Tachycardia
High blood pressure
Chronic fatigue syndrome
Yellow skin
Psoriasis
Angiodemas
High estrogen
$10,000+ in medical bills

I could go on and on and on

holy crap :( how long did you take them for?

for me its probably doxy, even low dose messed my gut up for a few weeks

peateats1

Woah how long did you take them for?
I was actually taking this a couple of months ago but stopped cause I didn't notice any difference.
I guess we're all different and have different bacteria in our guts.
I only took probably 8-12 pills. I still have half a bottle left. I took them for two days when I received them towards the end of September 2019 and felt a little flu-ish.
Then I waited about a week and took more, so this was the first week of October, and I noticed flu like symptoms again and my skin started having a yellow tinge to it.
From there I deteriorated. My liver enzymes went from 23 and 12 up to 160's!
I took azythromycin in March for 5 days and that helped a lot. Since then I've been on doxycycline (it doesn't help as much) and plan to do rifaximin if I can get ahold of some.

peateats1

holy crap :( how long did you take them for?

for me its probably doxy, even low dose messed my gut up for a few weeks
I've heard people have bad luck with antibiotics, but for me in this case they're helping.
I'm thinking the phages first caused a dump of endotoxin that my body couldn't handle and then created a hydrogen sulfide overgrowth that is poisoning my mitochondria.
I just took them a few different times over a course of a week or so.

Broken man

Thyroid because every time I am taking it the after effect is always different and not stable.

Citrulline malate. Tasted great, increased vascularity during exercise, improved erections, and even sensitized the glans. Also made me impatient, irritable, intolerant, and flammable. Cost me quite a few relationships (at least partly responsible; had many lessons yet to learn).

Via this forum I learned about nitric oxide and connected the dots. Unsurprisingly, methylene blue, which causes an opposite effect, is my favorite supplement nowadays because of how calm and centred it keeps me.

Goobz

Highish dose (prescribed by endo) Letrozole, an Aromatase inhibitor, was by far the single worst thing I ever did for my health. I’ve done much to recover, but i dont think I was ever fully the same after it.

Brain and neurological problems, memory and speech issues, skin problems, bone and joint problems, sleep apnea. Pretty classic symptoms of low estrogen. Oh and many of these things improve when I take things that raise estrogen.

I could be a genetic variant, some people seem to tolerate them but... yeesh... who knows the long term effects. Stay away, imo.

Vinny

Ondansetron.
At 2mg - nothing
At 4mg - bad stomach discomfort. Discontinued it and will never touch it again.

Doxycycline
It completely eradicated my acne, but it gave me a brutal pebble poop.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Highish dose (prescribed by endo) Letrozole, an Aromatase inhibitor, was by far the single worst thing I ever did for my health. I’ve done much to recover, but i dont think I was ever fully the same after it.

Brain and neurological problems, memory and speech issues, skin problems, bone and joint problems, sleep apnea. Pretty classic symptoms of low estrogen. Oh and many of these things improve when I take things that raise estrogen.

I could be a genetic variant, some people seem to tolerate them but... yeesh... who knows the long term effects. Stay away, imo.

How do you respond to Forskolin?

OP
SOMO

SOMO

Those AIs don't only block estrogen you know?

They also block Progesterone which is pro-bone/anabolic to bone and joints.

Low estrogen does not cause bone, joint or skin issues.
Estrogen has been implicated in acne.

The taste of Ashwagandha was enough to put me off. It smells and tastes like something that should not be consumed.

How do you respond to Forskolin?

100% pure Forskolin probably have benefits.

But the herb it's derived from is a serious hepatotoxin, and it's not the Forskolin that's hepatotoxic. This study (in mice) administered pure Forskolin vs. herbal extract and only the herbal extract caused liver issues.

I have not seen a pure Forskolin powder supplement on the market. I have ONLY seen the herb which is "standardized" to 20% Forskolin, which means the other 80% is hepatotoxic herb.

Unless you can find pure Forskolin powder, I would not touch that supplement.

OP
SOMO

SOMO

Ondansetron.
At 2mg - nothing
At 4mg - bad stomach discomfort. Discontinued it and will never touch it again.

Doxycycline
It completely eradicated my acne, but it gave me a brutal pebble poop.

Brutal how? Constipation?
Size of the stool doesn't really matter.

I read an old physiology textbook where they starved dogs and the dogs were still producing feces and they proved there is almost 0 trace of food in feces. This means that feces = mostly dead-cells from the intestine + dead and live bacteria from the colon.

Small poops would indicate low-bacteria in your colon.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals