Supplementing Vitamin K2: Why You Must Take MK-7 (not MK-4)

Inaut

Sorry for the sensationalist headline. Just thought I’d post the official title. More for discussion than anything else.

Btw, since switching to mk7, I’ve grown to like it more. Regarding benefits of mk4, I never experienced noticeable effects but that doesn’t mean they were occurring physiologically.

OP
Inaut

Inaut

Mine is the opposite I found... I was still getting nose bleeds on mk4..not lately

AnywYs, he talks about estrogen later in the video and it turned me off...plus he’s selling his product.

My take away from the video was that the body can cleave mk4 out of mk7 when needed. Not sure how true that is and he mentioned optimal dosage for mk7 was around 300mcg. My cliff notes

BigChad

Mine is the opposite I found... I was still getting nose bleeds on mk4..not lately

AnywYs, he talks about estrogen later in the video and it turned me off...plus he’s selling his product.

My take away from the video was that the body can cleave mk4 out of mk7 when needed. Not sure how true that is and he mentioned optimal dosage for mk7 was around 300mcg. My cliff notes

Whats the benefit of mk7 over mk4? It has much longer half life but supposedly has anti 5ar activity. Mk4 seems to be the only one safe to megadose. It also seems very safe, no observed toxicity issues?

Korven

Mk7 makes me feel really strange and not in a good way, like I'm on some dirty dissociative drug.

Switching to Mk4 stopped that from happening so I'll probably probably stick with that for now.

Ideally I would like to get k2 from food sources, are there any good ones besides liver?

BigChad

Mk7 makes me feel really strange and not in a good way, like I'm on some dirty dissociative drug.

Switching to Mk4 stopped that from happening so I'll probably probably stick with that for now.

Ideally I would like to get k2 from food sources, are there any good ones besides liver?

Emu oil for mk4.grass fed butter and milk have mk4 but unsure of amount. Mk7 is in fermented foods, seems like mostly fermented soy foods

What feeling do u get from mk7
What dosage did u use

baccheion

I like the combo of vitamin K doses present in Thorne's 3-K complete. Beautiful.

Dave Clark

If MK7 has a half life of 72 hours, why not just take it maybe three times/week, and then on alternate days do some MK4?

Dave Clark

Sorry for the sensationalist headline. Just thought I’d post the official title. More for discussion than anything else.

Btw, since switching to mk7, I’ve grown to like it more. Regarding benefits of mk4, I never experienced noticeable effects but that doesn’t mean they were occurring physiologically.

I know this Krishnan guy, he promotes that Megaspore probiotic (one I did not do well with). His K2 supplement has 30 mg of zinc in it, no thanks. He talks a good talk but there are things he doesn't understand as well, like the zinc, way too much for the average meat eating person, which is going to affect your transport proteins and copper levels, etc.

aquaman

Haidut mentioned with Danny Roddy that MK7 research is being paid for by the soy and dairy industries, as it’s a byproduct of both these industries.

Hence take the recent positive PR and studies with a pinch of salt !

BigChad

Haidut mentioned with Danny Roddy that MK7 research is being paid for by the soy and dairy industries, as it’s a byproduct of both these industries.

Hence take the recent positive PR and studies with a pinch of salt !

Mk7 is also cheaper right. Not sure if its cheaper per mg.. thorne is also promoting it

I like the combo of vitamin K doses present in Thorne's 3-K complete. Beautiful.

Its good but one capsule contains 15.6mg silica they put in to fill the capsule. Plus 5mg tocopherols, not sure why those are needed?

I have been us ing codeage ADK product. 3000iu retinyl palmitate,5000iu d3, 1mg k1, 1.5mg mk4, 300mcg mk7. They said their K is sourced from bacterial fermentation from algae. Just veggie capsule no fillers. The algae sourced K seems better than soy or geraniol sourced K some others are using

rei

Those are some proper megadoses, wow! more than 5 times the dose of LE's health booster. Something like 50x RDA :D

Mito

They have different effects because of their chemical structure differences and thus the way they are “packaged” into chylomicrons in the intestine. Have you read https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/blog/2016/12/09/the-ultimate-vitamin-k2-resource/? When vitamin K gets “packaged” up in a chylomicron, mk4 is on the outer edges of the chylomicron and mk7 is in the center.
DCAA1EF9-ED2B-4C4A-8A65-07BB6320BA96.jpeg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom