Supplementation For Multiple Sclerosis

noqcks

My sister has Multiple Sclerosis. She hasn't been following a lot of the doctor prescribed treatment because she doesn't trust doctors (agreed). But her symptoms are getting worse and the doctors are now pushing her to try what is essentially a chemotherapy drug.

I've talked with her and she's open to trying some supplementation and lifestyle changes.

So far the only thing she mentioned was that her prolactin levels are sky high.

The things I was going to recommend
- 2 drops methylene blue /day (anti nitric oxide)
- 20mg progesterone /day (anti estrogen)
- Magnesium supplementation (for remyelination)
- 5G Creatine /day (for remyelination)
- High protein diet
- Eliminate PUFAs
- UVB Light (tanning beds) in wintertime
- 300mg aspirin (inhibit COX pathway)

Unlikely she'd start all these immediately. Would want to introduce them slowly starting with methylene blue and progesterone.

Is there anything big im missing? Any other things people around here with M.S have found helpful? Are the dosages reasonable?

Thank you.

lampofred

What about thyroid? Dr. Peat would probably recommend taking vitamin D as well.

Last edited:

Diokine

Vitamins D, B1, B3, and B12 were offered as a patented treatment for multiple sclerosis.

JDreamer

Following this thread.

My brother-in-law (who's in his 30's) was just diagnosed w/MS. There were no lesions found in his brain, but some were found near his lumbar spine. He's experienced headaches, some light bladder incontinence, and numbness in his lower legs. I feel like there's a little too much "yes" going on by both he and my sister when it comes to everything the doc is saying - especially given such a high rate of misdiagnosis (around 18 % to 20%) and should strongly consider a second opinion.

I've read a lot about the myelin sheath and it's relationship to hormones - for him specifically testosterone/progesterone. Physically he doesn't strike me as a guy who's very hormonally healthy - quite the opposite of a testosterone filled male. He's gangly, pale skinned, and puffy looking.

J

james2388

I think gall bladder problems and fat indigestion is the beginning of MS. These things are the cause of endotoxin and intestinal inflammation. Also get her blood labs checked out. Kidneys, Liver, Blood, and Cholesterol.
Get her on Liver pronto.
Get her off birth control ASAP if she is on it.
Found that 30% of patients receiving oral contraceptives have hyperprolactinemia

Vinny

Wasn't there once upon a time an American doctor who treated his MS patients with zero fat diet?
Can't remember his name right now, read about him in a Denise Minger's famous article...

S-VV

I remember talking to a neurologist who used off label growth hormone to increase the rate of remylenation. Clemastine (an otc antihistamine with antimuscarinic properties) has shown promise in some recent trials.

Tecdifera (dimethylfumarate) seems like a decent drug. Increases Nrf2 and is anti-inflammatory. I would love to get my hands on some, but its price has increased astronomically since being fda approved.

S-VV

Also, boluses of iv methyl prednisone are acceptable for management of acute crises, but if she has to take chronic glucocorticoids, I would pump her full of pregnenolone and progesterone. For a man it would be pregnenolone and testosterone.

Vinny

Following this thread.

My brother-in-law (who's in his 30's) was just diagnosed w/MS. There were no lesions found in his brain, but some were found near his lumbar spine. He's experienced headaches, some light bladder incontinence, and numbness in his lower legs. I feel like there's a little too much "yes" going on by both he and my sister when it comes to everything the doc is saying - especially given such a high rate of misdiagnosis (around 18 % to 20%) and should strongly consider a second opinion.

I've read a lot about the myelin sheath and it's relationship to hormones - for him specifically testosterone/progesterone. Physically he doesn't strike me as a guy who's very hormonally healthy - quite the opposite of a testosterone filled male. He's gangly, pale skinned, and puffy looking.

copper deficiency can mimic MS, also deficiency in everything.

I remember talking to a neurologist who used off label growth hormone to increase the rate of remylenation. Clemastine (an otc antihistamine with antimuscarinic properties) has shown promise in some recent trials.

Tecdifera (dimethylfumarate) seems like a decent drug. Increases Nrf2 and is anti-inflammatory. I would love to get my hands on some, but its price has increased astronomically since being fda approved.

plain fumaric acid as an acidifier in foodtechnology or supplement could be as good as the esters.