Supplemental Calcium And Heart Health

Iron Man

I am seeing some reports of heart issues if you supplement calcium over a long period of time. Is this fake news or what is the rub on this?
Danny Roddy and Haidut seem to promote calcium with regards to hair loss etc, so I am a bit confused.

Prosper

For many, simply taking high doses of calcium will definitely cause problems in the long term. There are people who benefit from calcium, and there are people whose health is destroyed by calcium. As always, context is everything. It's not good to take something just because you have read someone have a good experience with it. Likewise, it's not good to avoid something just because someone else had a bad experience with it.

Know your situation. Know your goal.

mmb82

I agree with Prosper. Nutrients interact with others, so your calcium needs may change based on your metabolic rate and your intake/status of other vitamins and minerals like the fat soluble vitamins, magnesium, potassium, etc. I would say most people taking excessive amounts of calcium also take it with a vitamin D supplement, but are deficient in magnesium, potassium, vitamin A, and vitamin K, all which is more likely to make calcium a threat in terms of calcifying soft tissue and potentially heart issues. Being healthy is not just about having enough vitamins and minerals to prevent deficiencies, it is also about balancing those vitamins and minerals.

Overall, I would suggest that no one take supplements in high doses without having test results to verify that it is necessary.

OP
I

Iron Man

Thanks and yes I understand what you are saying. I take Vitamins A, D, K and magnesium. Listening to Roddy and Haidut, they referred to calcium as being worthwhile. I started looking into it and saw some warnings, so I came here to see what people thought. Is there a minimum dosage?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals