Supplement protocol for reducing night time stress

dukez07

What would be the best supplements to take at night to reduce night time stress (caused by darkness)? Would you want to take things like aspirin that ramp up the metabolism? Or would you avoid things like aspirin and protein based foods/supplements? Would vitamin E help with sleep?

Salt?
Glycine?
Taurine?
Gelatin?

What else? Do others have a protocol that works for them?

honeybee

Ramping metabolism b4 bed keeps me awake.
Salt, sugar, milk, Niacinamide help. I use seriphos also for cortisol. T3 can help some peeps.

tara

For me:
Eat enough during the day, especially morning-midday, and less afternoon-evening.
Always eat/drink sweet supper.
Progest-e.
Small sweet snack if I wake up, without disturbing myself too much - keep a box of dates etc by the bed.
Tape mouth shut (only relevant if you have mouthbreathing habits). Practice slow breathing before sleep, or put cloth over head, if I don't immediately fall asleep.
Make sure my feet are warm (and the rest of me, but feet are most likely to be cold and keep me awake.) Warm bedclothes.
Sunshine during day helps, but not always possible.
Newly added cyproheptadine sometimes. Less likely to need snack during night.
I don't drink full caffeine coffee routinely, but when I have I'm more likely to sleep long and deep (and more likely to wake up with withdrawal migraine process underway).
Last and possibly most important: read bedtime stories to snuggly children (enjoyable, relaxing, closeness).

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
marcar72 said:
I think Magnesium helps a lot and supplement mine towards the end of the day. :2cents
How much have you been using and what kind?

marcar72

Charlie said:
marcar72 said:
I think Magnesium helps a lot and supplement mine towards the end of the day. :2cents

Here lately I've been using 2 level teaspoons of Epsom salt in 2 seperate doses mixed in with a pint of OJ each. I also supplement my salt with the OJ, about a level teaspoon per each pint of OJ. It works out well because the Epsom salt makes the OJ pretty bitter, but the salt counters most of that. I use food grade Epsom salt that one can use for "occasional constipation". :2cents

EDIT: This is on a per day basis, usually always towards the end of the day. So a pint of supplemented OJ when I get home from work, and a pint of supplemented OJ soon before I turn in for the night. (1 level tsp per pint) :2cents

EDIT again: So roughly 1,000 mg of Magnesium daily of which supposedly 450 mg or so gets absorbed. This is not counting the Magnesium I get from foods, just supplementation with Epsom salt. Here's a thorough Magnesium study I posted awhile back...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2969 :2cents

aquaman

marcar72 said:
Charlie said:
marcar72 said:

Here lately I've been using 2 level teaspoons of Epsom salt in 2 seperate doses mixed in with a pint of OJ each. I also supplement my salt with the OJ, about a level teaspoon per each pint of OJ. It works out well because the Epsom salt makes the OJ pretty bitter, but the salt counters most of that. I use food grade Epsom salt that one can use for "occasional constipation". :2cents

EDIT: This is on a per day basis, usually always towards the end of the day. So a pint of supplemented OJ when I get home from work, and a pint of supplemented OJ soon before I turn in for the night. (1 level tsp per pint) :2cents

EDIT again: So roughly 1,000 mg of Magnesium daily of which supposedly 450 mg or so gets absorbed. This is not counting the Magnesium I get from foods, just supplementation with Epsom salt. Here's a thorough Magnesium study I posted awhile back...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2969 :2cents

And the effect on your sleep?

marcar72

aquaman said:
marcar72 said:
Charlie said:
marcar72 said:

Here lately I've been using 2 level teaspoons of Epsom salt in 2 seperate doses mixed in with a pint of OJ each...

And the effect on your sleep?

First couple nights that I doubled my dose of Magnesium I slept like a baby.

There's a far bigger issue in my life that I'm pretty sure has been causing my insomnia over the last couple of years, and even my recent health problems with a recurring ear infection and anxiety/panic attacks. I think I finally figured it out when black spots started appearing on my pillow. I rent a room in a house with some serious mold problems. I'll hopefully be moving to a new, hopefully mold free abode starting tomorrow if things go as planned.

Back to the Magnesium, I've really noticed a more mellow mood since doubling my dose. Sometimes almost too mellow, hehe. It's also pretty much eradicated any/all of my B.O. since I've doubled my dose.

My current health situation was the motivation to double my Magnesium dose in hopes of alleviating some of the anxiety I had be having occasionally. I also started supplementing a B Complex because I was feeling pretty wiped out for a week or so there. Zinc supplementation too. I've also been eating Calf Liver like crazy because I feel I let my nutrition slide on that front for awhile there. I was too focused on Oysters for Zinc helping my immune system function better back when I thought it was viral or bacterial. I think I was more needing extra Vitamin A for better immune system function. :2cents

Poppyseed13

Hello. The best sleep aid I have taken recently is a glass of milk with lots of gelatin (I use 2% milk and Great Lakes Gelatin--the green container is cold water soluble).

I sleep deeply and don't get up---it is quite wonderful.

Cheers,
Poppyseed13

sm1693

I remember someone talking about constructing a heat lamp box contraption to shine on their feet during sleep. I've been thinking about trying it out with a spare BR40 I have laying around. Anyone have experience with something like this?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals