Supermarket milk

Aymen

Have you ever worried about the UHT milk you buy from supermarket, if it's being adulterated (added water, added chemicals, added milk powder) by the dairy industry or not?

Have you ever worried about the UHT milk you buy from supermarket, if it's being adulterated (added water, added chemicals, added milk powder) by the dairy industry or not?

It would be in the label if there are any additives….

“Ultra-high temperature processing (UHT), ultra-heat treatment, or ultra-pasteurization[1] is a food processing technology that sterilizes liquid food by heating it above 135 °C (275 °F) – the temperature required to kill bacterial endospores – for 2 to 5 seconds.[2] UHT is most commonly used in milk production, but the process is also used for fruit juices, cream, soy milk, yogurt, wine, soups, honey, and stews. UHT milk was first developed in the 1960s and became generally available for consumption in the 1970s.”

animalcule

There are chemicals that can leach into your food from processing/packaging that may be of concern. All commercial dairy goes through lots of plastic tubing (phthalates, etc) and I just learned of this new (to me) chemical in packaging called perchlorate that can disrupt thyroid functioning in high amounts, especially in children.

I also believe (but could be wrong) that substances introduced in small enough amounts to help with the food processing don’t have to be put on the label. I don’t know if this applies to milk, where I think the bigger concern would be the health of the cow it came from and the chemicals leaching into it from processing/packaging.

Rinse & rePeat:
“Which do you think is the better choice, higher quality milk in plastic containers or poorer quality milk in glass containers?”

RAY PEAT:
“High quality milk is important. The plastic, high density polyethylene, is safe

Xemnoraq

Rinse & rePeat:
“Which do you think is the better choice, higher quality milk in plastic containers or poorer quality milk in glass containers?”

RAY PEAT:
“High quality milk is important. The plastic, high density polyethylene, is safe
Damn thats crazy! im surprised hes actually cool with the polyethylene containers, good to know though

Dr. B

Rinse & rePeat:

RAY PEAT:
good to know
i have seen this case numerous times. the glass bottle milks aren't the best quality.