Super minimalist diet.

jyb

Euphoric said:
jyb said:
Quality milk is cheap. Its the bulk of my diet.
What exactly would qualify as quality? To be honest, I never see other milk, outside of the pasteurized varieties of different fat content.

I don't drink milk from the average grocery store, even the "organic" variety. And that's for UK standard, US milk is probably incredibly worse. So what I meant is that if milk is most of the diet, then it better be good quality, and while quality milk doesn't cost me much, it took me experience to find a good source.

pboy

4peatsake, I agree...I noticed that right when I started listening and reading his work. Its something that had kept me from basically even trying to 'learn' anymore from authors and published work, because it became all just like a game at a certain point, and id had horrible health problems from listening to them. Thinking back I realized that when I decided to try a vegan diet, I actually was fine for months, when I simply ate what I liked the most and had fun...as soon as I started getting serious and reading and listening to others, things progressively got worse. So for like a year I was doing all my experimenting on my own, listening to nothing outside, recovering, and in a meditative state which makes stuff so much more clear, and chilled outside a lot in the sun. It wasn't until Ray Peat caught my interest that I started actually reading someone elses work again. I basically had lost trust in everything but literally what the ancient yogis wrote, and my own experience...but quickly I sensed the vibe in Peat. Its very similar, and I could tell hed gone on a similar journey as I had, and so it just kept getting better and reaffirming , and now hes the one other person or author I actually look up to, and would call a master. He has like a masters mind in the sense that regardless of the magnitude of junk and whatever you wanna call it with people and society, hes in a good place himself and stays jolly, and freely with actual artistic and intelligent intent gives out his info...but its in such a way that its layered and slightly veiled, or rather...he always maintains distance and puts stuff out in a way that the listeners and readers will intimately learn about their own body via applying his work, never any sense or force or guilt at all in there

excuse the off topic!

tara

gummybear said:
pboy said:
man, when I first moved out I had great aspirations, 5 dollars a day is almost impossible to do, maybe doable...but it would be like rice and beans and tap water, just keeping it real. Im not saying this to discourage, moreso a heads up, cause I ended up going into a situation thinking a few hundred a month would cover me and ended up almost going hungry, or having to settle for aggravating foods until I got more money. I wish the best man, literally do some calculations and you can figure it out pretty exact

1 liter milk, half a litre skyr, some coffee, gummybears, liver sometimes that should be under 5 dollar a day.

If you were going with this, think order of magnitude about a pound of sugar as gummybears or sucrose added to coffee etc. Be nice to get some of that sugar as fruit etc for the minerals.

natedawggh

Euphoric said:
So, to keep a long story short, I might end up moving in with some people, and even then, money will be on the tight side. So, I was wondering, what would be an ideal for minimizing on the costs. I'm looking at a budget of maybe $150 a month. If it helps, if this goes through, I'll be living in the north east of the United States somewhere.

Rice is estrogenic——that is not a good idea.

Potatoes! Milk/cottage cheese. Eggs, bananas. Meat is expensive, fruit is not. You can get a pound of oranges for the cost of one chicken breast (when they're in season). Protein is important so good cottage cheese without additives would be valuable, as it's the highest non-meat protein available. Also, full fat milk and cream in your coffee adds great calories and keeps you full longer than if you avoid fat, at no extra cost. For this reason too you should use a lot of butter.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals