Sunny weather makes me sluggish, bloated, and kind of grumpy. What's going on?

It's that time of year again! I look forward to the sunny months, but then I don't. For some reason I get kind of down, bad digestion, can't tolerate the foods I usually eat. Everything just feels like it sits in my stomach and makes it protrude. I've tried eating different things but it's always the same. Basically, I never feel light and energetic like I do in cloudy and cold weather.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Or found a possible reason behind this?

Ben.

It's that time of year again! I look forward to the sunny months, but then I don't. For some reason I get kind of down, bad digestion, can't tolerate the foods I usually eat. Everything just feels like it sits in my stomach and makes it protrude. I've tried eating different things but it's always the same. Basically, I never feel light and energetic like I do in cloudy and cold weather.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Or found a possible reason behind this?

Kind of.

A random theory of mine is that when sun becomes more and more regular again we shift alongside the seasonal atmosperhic conditions. With more sun comes more vitmain d eventually, our circadian rythm and hormones are adjusting, our microbiome is changing and so on and so fourth.

To have such a .... negative response i would guess that there might be some issues/deficiencies being causative for that. Is that issue with the sun a constant one or just during the transitioning phase? I hope there is no sun allergy or something like that at play. Altough that again can point to another underlying issue causing it.

OP
T
I was going to say when I’m out in the sun during spring and summer, I need a lot more salt, liquids, and b vitamins
I see, thank you. Yeah, I've long suspected the sun increasing requirements of certain things. I feel like eating more fruit and juice and milk, but this just seems to make the digestive issues worse.

OP
T
Kind of.

A random theory of mine is that when sun becomes more and more regular again we shift alongside the seasonal atmosperhic conditions. With more sun comes more vitmain d eventually, our circadian rythm and hormones are adjusting, our microbiome is changing and so on and so fourth.

To have such a .... negative response i would guess that there might be some issues/deficiencies being causative for that. Is that issue with the sun a constant one or just during the transitioning phase? I hope there is no sun allergy or something like that at play. Altough that again can point to another underlying issue causing it.
That's interesting, thank you.

Yeah, I think it's causing, or rather revealing, some deficiency, it's just so hard to figure out what that is. And as I've mentioned above, I feel like eating more fresh fruit and juice but this exacerbates the bloating.

It happens on and off throughout the sunny months. I would say it's half and half. Sometimes I feel like fasting just to let the issues and inflammation go away, get rid of the bloat, but I'm worried about tanking T and raising stress hormones.

Nomane Euger

That's interesting, thank you.

Yeah, I think it's causing, or rather revealing, some deficiency, it's just so hard to figure out what that is. And as I've mentioned above, I feel like eating more fresh fruit and juice but this exacerbates the bloating.

It happens on and off throughout the sunny months. I would say it's half and half. Sometimes I feel like fasting just to let the issues and inflammation go away, get rid of the bloat, but I'm worried about tanking T and raising stress hormones.
do you get bloating from this quantity offresh fruits and juice even when there is no sun?

A

Adf

I've heard of sun allergies that usually cause skin rashes when in contact with sunlight. I have seen one person on the net cure his life-long sun allergy with an extensive heavy metal detox. He had mercury fillings which caused heavy metal poisoning, had them removed and did a detox. So after his detox he was sun allergy free.

Could you perhaps have too much heavy metals in your system?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I was like that when I wasn't taking enough thyroid.
The sun would exhaust me. Even walking outside for 5 minutes would make me so tired.
After starting NDT, the issue improved significantly.

Eberhardt

I am not an expert in this but for me seemingly it has been related to vitamin A overload. Sunshine triggers bile-release and if you have to much retinol (or other toxins) in your liver this will flood the system and often enter the bloodatream making you feel like ***t

Rafe

Early spring is the most difficult time for the physiology unless you live in a tropical zone where there isn’t much seasonal variation.

By early spring the body has had the highest yearly accumulation of what RP calls “winter sickness.”

So it takes a few weeks in early spring to get the physiology shifted to an improving cascade that you can build on all summer.

It is the most miserable, frustrating time of year because the usual strategies just don’t work as reliably. But keeping at the usual things is working.

RP said somewhere: “the body will do what it is allowed to do.” It’s hard to keep to the basics when you don’t feel your best. But it’s the time when the physiology needs that the most.

It takes about 3 weeks to get things going in the right direction after a long winter. As long as the spring weather is pretty sunny & warm.

It’s not broken. It gets better.

OP
T
do you get bloating from this quantity offresh fruits and juice even when there is no sun?
This is something I wish I'd taken note of! I think I can probably handle more fruit in the winter but I just tend to eat more in the summer because more ripe stuff is available.

OP
T
I've heard of sun allergies that usually cause skin rashes when in contact with sunlight. I have seen one person on the net cure his life-long sun allergy with an extensive heavy metal detox. He had mercury fillings which caused heavy metal poisoning, had them removed and did a detox. So after his detox he was sun allergy free.

Could you perhaps have too much heavy metals in your system?
Quite possibly from childhood, yes, or from aluminium pans when I was at university. Is there a reliable way to check for heavy metal poisoning?

OP
T
I am not an expert in this but for me seemingly it has been related to vitamin A overload. Sunshine triggers bile-release and if you have to much retinol (or other toxins) in your liver this will flood the system and often enter the bloodatream making you feel like ***t
This is interesting, thank you. I was more inclined to think that sun exposure would increase the demands for Vit A. I assume you've taken this lead from that big thread on vitamin a toxicity? Have you found it beneficial?

Eberhardt

This is interesting, thank you. I was more inclined to think that sun exposure would increase the demands for Vit A. I assume you've taken this lead from that big thread on vitamin a toxicity? Have you found it beneficial?
thanx. no I havent- I came across it 3 years ago after having followed peats work for maybe 12 years. Matt Stone of the old 180degree health put me on it. But yes it has - along with carbs, no pufa and grounding its the best thing I ever did even if its a long slow run. but its getting better. I guess since sun speeds up metabolism it also clears things out - both good and bad - quicker so its more just if you value the A or not. I tend not to and I was clinically vitamin toxic by normal standards anyway. Just emailed peat about some rat-experiments and he confirmed that all things get used up quicker with higher metabolism.

Ps. if you do go for the reducing A I wouldnt suffer more than necessary by extra sunexposure as it is more something of a symptom trigger then helping the detox even if the light is good for a host of other stuff as im sure u know

MilenaLex

The best way to me is hair analysis. Cost ~$100
But you don need to test just to make sure you have more metals. Yes you have it ...
Check vitamins n b1 deficiency. There is 2 books by Derrick Lansdale and Marrs..." thiamine deficiency disease, Dysautonomia..."
To me you need Benfotiamine after meals and heavy metals chelation with EDtA, modified citrus pecrin, liver refresh, l Methionine, IR sauna.
Hair analysis will show good minerals balans. You may have low Zinc that means AND high hidden copper in liver
IV EDTA ...so on blood cheletion is not my favorite. Very harsh and dangerous
Quite possibly from childhood, yes, or from aluminium pans when I was at university. Is there a reliable way to check for heavy metal poisoning?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals