Sunflower seeds?

abady

HELLO! :D

Just lil question, is it ok to eat something that has pufas but has lots of vit E as the same time ?

I am been addicted to salted sunflower seeds lately idk if its a good idea.

I've heard a doctor on youtube say you should get 0.5 mg vit E for every 1 g of pufa IDKif this is correct, iam asking for help!

sunflower seeds_page-0001.jpg
sunflower seeds_page-0002.jpg

catharsis

It is not a good thing. I think seeds also have some anti-nutritive properties when eaten with other foods (I think Nate Hatch from **** Portion Control has some writing on this). The PUFA found in seeds are generally a net negative in your diet(the vit. E cancels out some but it's not enough) and it would be better to eat nuts high in MUFA like macadamia nuts if you had to eat nuts. Brazil nuts are high in selenium, 4 a day I think is the recommendation if you are looking to get selenium without a multivitamin.

Popcorn cooked in coconut oil, potato chips, or tortillas fried in coconut oil are good replacements for nuts if you are looking for something crunchy and salty. Most nuts I would have in my diet would be in food that would not be the same without that taste i.e. baklava.

OP
abady

abady

It is not a good thing. I think seeds also have some anti-nutritive properties when eaten with other foods (I think Nate Hatch from **** Portion Control has some writing on this). The PUFA found in seeds are generally a net negative in your diet(the vit. E cancels out some but it's not enough) and it would be better to eat nuts high in MUFA like macadamia nuts if you had to eat nuts. Brazil nuts are high in selenium, 4 a day I think is the recommendation if you are looking to get selenium without a multivitamin.

Popcorn cooked in coconut oil, potato chips, or tortillas fried in coconut oil are good replacements for nuts if you are looking for something crunchy and salty. Most nuts I would have in my diet would be in food that would not be the same without that taste i.e. baklava.
Such a good advice, ty so much! Popcorn sounds really good!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals