Sun Shoots My Libido Up

Any idea why?

I have low libido generally. Knowing the cause of it behind might make it possible to reproduce it differently.

SB4

Sun light has many positive effects that could enhance libido. If you were getting IR light on your nads then this has been shown to increase sperm/testostorone production. I would assume this is via red lights effects on mitochondria/cytc oixdase or it's structuring of water. If the light was hitting your neck/thyroid, it could have increased thyroid by the same mechanism.

If the sun was hitting your eyes and skin it can turn on or off, depending on the time of day, a bunch of hormones like DHEA Cortisol melationin dopamine adrenaline etc. It can do this by the light directly affecting them in your blood or eye, or via circadian rhythm mechanisms.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Sun light has many positive effects that could enhance libido. If you were getting IR light on your nads then this has been shown to increase sperm/testostorone production. I would assume this is via red lights effects on mitochondria/cytc oixdase or it's structuring of water. If the light was hitting your neck/thyroid, it could have increased thyroid by the same mechanism.

If the sun was hitting your eyes and skin it can turn on or off, depending on the time of day, a bunch of hormones like DHEA Cortisol melationin dopamine adrenaline etc. It can do this by the light directly affecting them in your blood or eye, or via circadian rhythm mechanisms.

Wow amazing! The sun has been only hitting my face and neck so far. I feel much more energetic and alive. My country just has came out of a long winter and we got some sun here finally. It had been a half year or more since I managed to get out in the sun like that.

The boost in libido is shockingly high.

Sobieski

Sunlight has an amazing effect that I don't think is fully understood. Observe the people around you when the sun and warm weather come out; everyone is much happier and productive.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Sunlight has an amazing effect that I don't think is fully understood. Observe the people around you when the sun and warm weather come out; everyone is much happier and productive.

Very true.

On a side note, I just can't stay inside when the sun is out. My body yearns the sun so much (probably because it makes me feel so good haha). Even the density of my hair improves drastically every Summer.

Sobieski

Very true.

On a side note, I just can't stay inside when the sun is out. My body yearns the sun so much (probably because it makes me feel so good haha). Even the density of my hair improves drastically every Summer.

Yep. It's not Vitamin D alone, there's some other 'happiness' mechanism behind sunlight exposure. When I'm in a hot, sunny country I'm immune to hangovers, very high libido and also lose weight quickly.

biggirlkisss

ya increases chorosome oxiade c near infared im sure infared has small benefit to by warming body. Red light reduces no which greatly reduces serotonin which leads to higher T levels which leads to libido increase. Coirstol kills lidbo.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Yep. It's not Vitamin D alone, there's some other 'happiness' mechanism behind sunlight exposure. When I'm in a hot, sunny country I'm immune to hangovers, very high libido and also lose weight quickly.

Oh man I can't believe that we share the same experiences. I am exactly the same. Last year, despite the fact that I was on a crappy diet and ate what I wanted, I actually lost much more body fat than back in my cold home country on a strict PUFA-free diet (10% vs. 16 %- 18%). Libido and energy again the same, even if I sleep a few hours or so I am not tired on a hot day. I have such a well being and I feel very energetic, happy, relaxed and calm. Metaphorically it's like the dopamine going through every single vein to make me feel alive to the fullest.

Before this thread, I had wrist pain and researched the forum for treatments. Man can you believe me? Son exposure got rid off the pain entirely and I could even do a nice heavy workout afterwards. I got a muscle pump as I never get in winter. It's like I am in another body and that is not me.

I escape my robotic state and turn to a human. I'm off autopilot and I become aware of the world and myself. Similar to as if the world was grey before and turns colourful. Sun is certainly a drug, one that I don't want to miss.

Last edited:

ddjd

Any idea why?

I have low libido generally. Knowing the cause of it behind might make it possible to reproduce it differently.
increases Nitric Oxide - specifically eNOS isoform

take some creatine, you'd get the exact same effect

Sobieski

Oh man I can't believe that we share the same experiences. I am exactly the same. Last year, despite the fact that I was on a crappy diet and ate what I wanted, I actually lost much more body fat than back in my cold home country on a strict PUFA-free diet (10% vs. 16 %- 18%). Libido and energy again the same, even if I sleep a few hours or so I am not tired on a hot day. I have such a well being and I feel very energetic, happy, relaxed and calm. Metaphorically it's like the dopamine going through every single vein to make me feel alive to the fullest.

Before this thread, I had wrist pain and researched the forum for treatments. Man can you believe me? Son exposure got rid off the pain entirely and I could even do a nice heavy workout afterwards. I got a muscle pump as I never get in winter. It's like I am in another body and that is not me.

I escape my robotic state and turn to a human. I'm off autopilot and I become aware of the world and myself. Similar to as if the world was grey before and turns colourful. Sun is certainly a drug, one that I don't want to miss.

Yes I can believe you because the same happens to me. Everything is a breeze with plenty of sunlight. Even mundane tasks are enjoyable or at the very least easily tolerable when the weather is sunny and warm.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Yes I can believe you because the same happens to me. Everything is a breeze with plenty of sunlight. Even mundane tasks are enjoyable or at the very least easily tolerable when the weather is sunny and warm.

We might be the type of people that are dependent on the sun. So sad that I live in a cold country. I hope not for very long.

Sobieski

We might be the type of people that are dependent on the sun. So sad that I live in a cold country. I hope not for very long.

I'm from Northern Europe but I'm of a dark complexion. Olive skin and black hair; maybe I'm genetically inclined to rely on sunlight to function, who knows. Where are you from if you don't mind me asking?

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
I'm from Northern Europe but I'm of a dark complexion. Olive skin and black hair; maybe I'm genetically inclined to rely on sunlight to function, who knows. Where are you from if you don't mind me asking?

My father's side is Russian from the Caucasian Mountains. They lived in very high altitudes (lots of sun, UV, low oxygen (+ lots of CO2), still cold but the sun was there. Mom's side is close to North Africa.

At the moment I'm living in the cold Germany. No sun man. Maybe just 2 months in a year.

I had light brown hair in my childhood which has turned black now and my eyes turned more dark brown as well. Beard comes in golden. I can be very pale but also very dark (depends if sun is there). Generally I look better tanned as my face glows then. If I don't have a tan then I have a pale dry face without color which also bloats easier.

SB4

Can't remember the exact mechanism but I think it goes something like this. UV light -> P53 _> POMC -> (cleaved into) b-Endorphin.
Central role of p53 in the suntan response and pathologic hyperpigmentation. - PubMed - NCBI

I think this is natures way of getting you "addicted" to the sun. You feel good doing it because it benefits your health.