Sun Burns

Jing

What is the reason why some people get sun burns and some people don't? I have never been sun burnt in my life even from sitting in direct sunlight for hours when its summer .. but my gf will get burnt within 5 minutes. I just get tanned really fast.

somuch4food

Which are determined by your skin type: Your Skin

I am a type II.

Skin types are an evolutionary adaptation to humans migrating farther from the equator. Dark skin offers greater protection from the sun's rays, but is less efficient at producing vitamin D while light skin burns more easily, but is better at producing vitamin D.

OP
J

Jing

Which are determined by your skin type: Your Skin

I am a type II.

Skin types are an evolutionary adaptation to humans migrating farther from the equator. Dark skin offers greater protection from the sun's rays, but is less efficient at producing vitamin D while light skin burns more easily, but is better at producing vitamin D.
Yh but what actually determines that someone burns or tans? Like my daughter is like me never burns just tans, my son is like my gf burns .. why the difference?

somuch4food

Skin type is genetic and part of why people burn more easily.

There are also other factors. Like PUFAs. I don't know if it's PUFAs, or the oxidative stress that comes with it.

tankasnowgod

There can be nutritional factors, like PUFA. I've also seen it speculated that vitamin D levels could also play a role. Clearly, level of tan and melanin in skin play a role . Last time I got burned, it was from skin that normally doesn't get sun exposure, but the parts of my arms that always get sun were just fine. I've also seen testimonials that the supplement astaxanthin prevents sunburns.

fradon

What is the reason why some people get sun burns and some people don't? I have never been sun burnt in my life even from sitting in direct sunlight for hours when its summer .. but my gf will get burnt within 5 minutes. I just get tanned really fast.

sun burn is inflammation of the skin possible due to lack of soft tissue calcium

fair skin people absorb more light and make more vitamin D this pulls calcium out of the tissue increasing skin inflammation due to lack of calcium

supposedly taking calcium and vitamin F with help treat, cure, and prevent sun burns.

What does calcium have to do with sunburn? A lot.

baccheion

Sunburn is oxidation that could be followed by inflammation. Melanin aside, better functioning metabolism and antioxidant systems tend to result in less damage.

Riboflavin recycles gluthathione which recycles vitamin C which recycles vitamin E. Progesterone is associated with glutathione and collagen.

Carotenoids (lycopene, lutein, astaxanthin, etc), MSM + silicon/monomethylsilanetriol + vitamin C (4g:1g MSM:C), vitamin C + E, etc tend to make skin much more resistant to sunburn/damage.

Vitamin D (and general nutrient) sufficiency also protects skin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals