Summer Body!

fever257

Hey guys,

with summer right around the corner i’ve been really working to shed this layer of fat that i seem to have always had on my abdomen. I need to really work on losing fat. ideally, i can gain some muscle too before beach season comes up.

but i’m kind of at a loss with how to do this. i do weight training between three and six times every week, i also do H. I. I. T. at least 3 times per week. also cold showers. the best results i’ve gotten were with fasted cardio with some red light - a specific protocol i got from ari whitten’s book on red might therapy. however, i read that fasted cardio spikes cortisol and i’m almost positive that my insomnia comes from some sort of overload with stress hormones. so i’m weary of doing that now. that being said, i supplement cyproheptadine daily now with HUGE benefits. i think i was chronically in an allergic state with mast cells and histamine/serotonin being hughes issues. so maybe i’m good with that now?

also, i’ve seen this trend with a metabolic-boosting drink which consists of lemon juice, ACV, cinnamon, and cayenne - which, fun fact, is the identical to dr. axe’s detox drink recipe. i’m sure it’s beneficial but does it really boost your metabolism?

finally, i’m working to decrease fat consumption where i can as that macronutrient has double the calories of the other two, and ray peat recommends keeping fat intake low.

besides that, does anyone have any peat-friendly methods to burn off some fat? i would be so appreciative. any feedback is welcome! let’s get fit and be well this spring :) we all need to be in the sun as much as possible!!!

Hans

Hey guys,

with summer right around the corner i’ve been really working to shed this layer of fat that i seem to have always had on my abdomen. I need to really work on losing fat. ideally, i can gain some muscle too before beach season comes up.

but i’m kind of at a loss with how to do this. i do weight training between three and six times every week, i also do H. I. I. T. at least 3 times per week. also cold showers. the best results i’ve gotten were with fasted cardio with some red light - a specific protocol i got from ari whitten’s book on red might therapy. however, i read that fasted cardio spikes cortisol and i’m almost positive that my insomnia comes from some sort of overload with stress hormones. so i’m weary of doing that now. that being said, i supplement cyproheptadine daily now with HUGE benefits. i think i was chronically in an allergic state with mast cells and histamine/serotonin being hughes issues. so maybe i’m good with that now?

also, i’ve seen this trend with a metabolic-boosting drink which consists of lemon juice, ACV, cinnamon, and cayenne - which, fun fact, is the identical to dr. axe’s detox drink recipe. i’m sure it’s beneficial but does it really boost your metabolism?

finally, i’m working to decrease fat consumption where i can as that macronutrient has double the calories of the other two, and ray peat recommends keeping fat intake low.

besides that, does anyone have any peat-friendly methods to burn off some fat? i would be so appreciative. any feedback is welcome! let’s get fit and be well this spring :) we all need to be in the sun as much as possible!!!
Overtraining can halt your fat loss and cause the mid section fat.
How does your program vary so much that you train 3 to 6 days a week? :)
I'd say 3 days a week is perfect for building muscle and losing fat. You can obviously train more but it's not necessary. Also, 3 HIIT session with 6 weight training sessions might be overkill. It can work short term but will be detrimental long term. You can continue to workout 6 days a week, but keep it short.
Red light in a fasted state can work great, but then you got to be active to utilize the fat. Maybe something like wake up, have a cup of coffee while shining red light on your stomach for 15 minutes and then going for a walk for 30 minutes. Take a cold shower and then eat. Remember, fasted cardio can increase hunger so keep an eye on your calories.
Sleeping properly will aid in fat loss, but I think you got that covered with the cypro now.
Keeping the gut happy is also big. Gut irritation, inflammation, excess cortisol and estrogen can promote fat gain around the midsection, so focus on eating easy to digest food that doesn't give you gut distress, such as bloating, gas, etc., and result in fatigue, mood disorders, etc.
Lots of protein can speed up the metabolism. Add in some eggs for cholesterol for steroidogenesis and limit overall fat. Keep carbs at least 1:1 ratio (or higher) with protein.