Summary of Peat's ideas by D. Argall

J

j.

This was written in 1998. A short quote:

In my experience, the first, huge, prompt, change starting with pregnenolone was the change in my state of mind, the equanimity it provided, the ability to think clearly about what I am doing.

I think that is probably the issue to address in considering whether you need these endocrinal extras if a person just can't turn the mind upwards, then that is where I think the pregnenolone can have a major prompt benefit - but then also my experience and Ray Peat's advice is that pregnenolone supplementation needs support from T3.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... %7Clang_en

OP
J

j.

Re: Summary of Ray Peat's ideas and diet.

More from this guy, about his experience with pregnenolone:

In the three weeks since starting the pregnenolone, I am able to observe the following changes:

- In the first couple of days I was very tired, which Peat explained as resulting from adjustment of adrenal system.

- In the same period, there was a shift in appetite and a lasting reduction in hypoglycemia symptoms.

- Decline in intermittent dementia state, more clarity of thought, less conversational confusion and agitation.

- Complexion warming, slight tingling and sense of vasculars returning to the face, after long history of chilly pallor, immobilised features, deadness of expression (perhaps contributed to by past work cultural requirements).

- Exercise tolerance and indeed enthusiasm, able to use an exercise bike without agitation or vertigo or lactic discomfort overwhelming me. Rising from 4 minutes first day to 26 minutes yesterday (fan load only, bike's registration of notional performance yesterday 8kms at about 18km/hr, ear lobe pulse meter actually able to register a pulse at about 15 minutes). Not feeling lactic on waking in the morning helps, but waking up keen to exercise is a very novel attitudinal change. There is some reduction in the tight guitar-string quality of some muscles. This paragraph drafted after the first week, I find myself less inclined to leap out and exercise, but I have more endurance than hitherto.

- Alteration of gut behaviour; previous use of Anginine seems irrelevant. Bowel not settled entirely, but works more calmly and surprisingly easily. (Since I drafted that there have been some problems, but again I have specific advice from Peat on it, see Annex A)

- Alteration of sleep. Not as heavy as at outset, but refreshing, relatively brief, waking cheerful during night or in the morning. Dreaming; frivolously, unstressfully.

- I have had a problem, begun when I went on a cardiac testing exercising machine in 1993 (passed that test brilliantly) of numbness/pins and needles in part of the right hand, which has persisted and spread in that arm and a little in the other, also with pain in the related spine outlet areas. This seems to have moderated a bit, and I am conscious of a new sensation (only part of the time) through this whole area a bit like the feeling you get when you've had a leg go to sleep and the blood starts, rather uncomfortably, to return. But that is really in the category of long term damage that is unlikely to be eased swiftly.

- My basal temperature [in bed first thing] has risen a bit, from under 36.0, to a bit above.

- Reduction of chemical sensitivities, consistent with the reduction of psychological sensitivity - but a very different reduction in sensitivity to that offered by psychopharmacological substances. I feel very comfortably conscious, in no way like a slater under a brick.

- I am still fairly easily tired, but I feel I have a more satisfactory base for restoring condition. And I know that I can rest and or use pregnenolone to feel brighter.

- Leaving aside all the somatic stuff, however, I find most enjoyable an unexpected sense of equanimity and problem (my problems, family problems, whatever) manageability; reduction of anxiety.

Link

Beebop

Really interesting thanks!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Good stuff j. This is directly related to Ray Peat so we can move it to that section if you want?

From what he is saying, I think. T3 is needed for pregnenolone to work. So, I am wondering if maybe I should try and give it a shot again because I know there is much T3 getting processed now. Hmmmmmmmm.

I have saved the two web pages you liked to and attached them below. I had to put them in a zip file because the forum will not accept html pages for upload.

Attachments

• summary.zip
    29.9 KB · Views: 93

Isadora

So... Where is the promised summary? :)

The best I have found yet is no longer accessible, it was on http://diet-****88.blogspot.com/.

A user on a lowcarbers' forum put out some pretty good Peat guidelines, as well:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=419742

If there is anything better on this forum, please pull it out. There may be some very good stuff buried somewhere I have not yet read. I have an aversion to interminable threads, and somehow this forum keeps gathering those.

OP
J

j.

Isadora, the summary is linked in the first post.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

How is this for a diet summary? :eek: :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=168&start=400#p9125

Isadora, this forum is still fairly new and growing. On the "to do" list was making a summary diet, and other things in the Peatworld. But we have not been able to pull it together yet. It will come in due time.

Isadora

j. said:
Isadora, the summary is linked in the first post.
I keep getting papers written by D. Argall on interesting topics like "Thyroid and Mitochondrial Function" when I follow your links... How are those a summary of Peat's ideas and diet?

Charlie said:

Isadora, this forum is still fairly new and growing. On the "to do" list was making a summary diet, and other things in the Peatworld. But we have not been able to pull it together yet. It will come in due time.
Yeah, well, it's discouraging from the start. But maybe we can edit it and distill its contents into one single posting which you could hang as an announcement or something? That might help newcomers...

Until then, the link to Debbie's post from the low carber forum might do, I guess.

narouz

I do enjoy this thread, so thanks j.

But I do think it could stand a different TITLE.
The "Summary of Ray Peat's ideas and diet,"
confused me too:
I thought it was going to be a Grand Distillation of The Entire World of Peat! :lol:

When really this thread is mostly about pregnenolone...isn't it?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Isadora said:
Until then, the link to Debbie's post from the low carber forum might do, I guess.

There is already a link to Debbie's post here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20

We are using her summary, and some other ones I found until we can come up with our own.

narouz

Charlie said:

It is crude and homely and primitive (I don't have/do PhotoShop)
but I humbly remind that I did submit this effort many months ago
as a stage along the way in "Notes Toward an Optimal Peat Diet."

It's got a lot of things I'd revise, but...it's not nuthin' :lol: (is it? :cry: ):

Attachments

• Peat Chart Fixed.jpg
    Peat Chart Fixed.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 640
OP
J

j.

Isadora said:
I keep getting papers written by D. Argall on interesting topics like "Thyroid and Mitochondrial Function" when I follow your links... How are those a summary of Peat's ideas and diet?

I interpreted the page as a summary of Peat's ideas by D. Argall. He talks about Peat's ideas on thyroid, and also about what foods to avoid. I don't mind if someone wants a different title. Maybe Dennis Argall's Peat Experience.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

narouz said:
It's got a lot of things I'd revise, but...it's not nuthin' :lol: (is it? :cry: ):

It's definitely something, and a good start. Appreciate all your efforts on this, narouz. I think we need someone to help us package it up all nice and pretty so we can present it to the community. That moment/person(s) has not presented itself yet though. :(

narouz

j. said:
Isadora said:

I interpreted the page as a summary of Peat's ideas by D. Argall. He talks about Peat's ideas on thyroid, and also about what foods to avoid. I don't mind if someone wants a different title. Maybe Dennis Argall's Peat Experience.

How about a re-title: "A Summary of Peat's Ideas by D. Argall"...? :roll:

I haven't clicked to any links,
but as far as what I saw in your first couple posts of the thread, j.,
I thought the thread was about Pregnenolone.

Does D.Argall think of Peat as being all about pregnenolone?

OP
J

j.

narouz said:
Does D.Argall think of Peat as being all about pregnenolone?

No, I highlighted that part just because I haven't heard about that before.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals