Sulfur Issues

Hans

Forum Supporter
Oh wow. I now wonder if people who have problems with copper or ceruloplasmin might have actually some kind of sulfur issue?

@Hans

you ever heard about this connection ?

now I’m reading cocoa has lots of sulphur.
maybe I could really have sulphur issues.
Dried fruits are hell for me too. OJ. Peanut butter.
I've seen blood works where people have significantly reduced copper and ceruloplasmin.
How much protein do you eat per day?

Motif

I've seen blood works where people have significantly reduced copper and ceruloplasmin.
How much protein do you eat per day?
I had some times where I was getting 100-120 g, but right now it’s a lot less I would guess.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I really think my problem is some kind of malabsorption.

low pancrea encymes or bile would be my guess.
Zinc is very much needed for a healthy gut and digestion, but ultimately, thyroid hormones are needed for proper digestion to absorb the zinc.

Motif

Zinc is very much needed for a healthy gut and digestion, but ultimately, thyroid hormones are needed for proper digestion to absorb the zinc.

my zinc was always low too. Even when I took high dosed supplements - stopped few days before next blood test - it was deficient again.
But I eat two oysters everyday now.
But unfortunately it’s not doing anything for digestion.

my skin itching improves a lot from it. Same from copper and selenium. But still something is not right. Maybe I really don’t absorb them right. I don’t know.

BubblesMcGee

Forum Supporter
Oh wow. I now wonder if people who have problems with copper or ceruloplasmin might have actually some kind of sulfur issue?

@Hans

you ever heard about this connection ?

now I’m reading cocoa has lots of sulphur.
maybe I could really have sulphur issues.
Dried fruits are hell for me too. OJ. Peanut butter.
Old post but OJ, PB, Cocoa, dried fruit all high in histamine and with the exception of OJ can be high in mycotoxins so lots of possibilities that aren’t sulfur. Also now that I’m thinking about it, depending on the fruit it could be oxalate issues, PB, OJ, Cocoa all very high oxalate and some fruit can be high as well (plums/prunes, figs, apricots)

Dave Clark

Zinc-carnosine is specific to the gut, if that is what one is targeting, along with zinc that gets absorbed systemically. I would venture to say TUDCA would be of help, as well.

Dave Clark

Can you elaborate on the TUDCA? Why would this help?
For gut health? It is a form of bile that helps digestion of fats, keeping bile moving and proper elimination.
There are better videos and info out there, but this sums some of that up, suffice to say TUDCA is good for gut health and digestion:

BubblesMcGee

Forum Supporter
For gut health? It is a form of bile that helps digestion of fats, keeping bile moving and proper elimination.
There are better videos and info out there, but this sums some of that up, suffice to say TUDCA is good for gut health and digestion:
Thanks, from your answer, I still don’t understand why this would help for sulfur issues specifically. A lot of things that are helpful for gut health don’t necessarily help with sulfur intolerance.

Dave Clark

Thanks, from your answer, I still don’t understand why this would help for sulfur issues specifically. A lot of things that are helpful for gut health don’t necessarily help with sulfur intolerance.
Okay, I see. when I said TUDCA could help, I was referring to general gut health, not specifically for sulfur sensitive issues. I was responding to Hans's comment about zinc and gut health.
It is always possible that the symptoms of 'sulfur sensitivity' are in fact due to other core problems in the body. When you look at the research of what TUDCA improves, it is very similar to the same symptoms of sulfur issues. It may be worth trying. If you took TUDCA, and got worse, then your sulfur issues may be legit, but if you find yourself getting better, it may be that your body didn't respond well to sulfur because it has a weakened digestive system that TUDCA will improve upon. Often times people who are dairy sensitive will improve and be able to tolerate dairy when they get their gut fixed. It's not always the 'offender', but whether our body is strong or healthy enough to tolerate it, and in that sense, TUDCA can help.

BubblesMcGee

Forum Supporter
Okay, I see. when I said TUDCA could help, I was referring to general gut health, not specifically for sulfur sensitive issues. I was responding to Hans's comment about zinc and gut health.
It is always possible that the symptoms of 'sulfur sensitivity' are in fact due to other core problems in the body. When you look at the research of what TUDCA improves, it is very similar to the same symptoms of sulfur issues. It may be worth trying. If you took TUDCA, and got worse, then your sulfur issues may be legit, but if you find yourself getting better, it may be that your body didn't respond well to sulfur because it has a weakened digestive system that TUDCA will improve upon. Often times people who are dairy sensitive will improve and be able to tolerate dairy when they get their gut fixed. It's not always the 'offender', but whether our body is strong or healthy enough to tolerate it, and in that sense, TUDCA can help.
Thanks! I’ll consider it! I’m having gut issues and lots of sensitivities including sulphur, estrogen dominance, salicylate, histamine, dairy etc

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals