Amazoniac

charliezord,
We need room for these guys here:
- Travis
- tyw
- gbolduev

By the way, Giraffe, can you stop?
a730bd10eea60e13ca90f1070fd3d0d7-500x375.jpg

I thought when you "follow" someone that you can then see all of their posts on a separate page or something. Doesn't look like it.

Last edited:
↑↑↑ All of their recent comments, I meant.

When you quote someone, the text should be a little bigger in the box.

You should be able to delete PM's.

Amazoniac

August 2017 update
My wife and I (who by the way I met on the Ray Peat forum, married for 3 years) are both Histotechnologists. We recently purchased an Airstream and are planning on hitting the road full time doing contract work. The arrangement will allow us to work 6-7 months out of the year and play off the grid the rest of the year.
upload_2018-1-2_10-38-37.png

X3CyO

bookmark/favorite threads would be cool

Amazoniac

:wave:

Carlos, may I suggest you to hide the message counter from people profiles? It's not only irrelevant but can be deceiving for making members appear credible or experienced. It's better to let everyone find out on their own without such influence.

As an example, a new user might feel tempted to ask me something instead of asking pboy. :therethere

Lejeboca

Carlos, may I suggest you to hide the message counter from people profiles? It's not only irrelevant but can be deceiving for making members appear credible or experienced. It's better to let everyone find out on their own without such influence.

As an example, a new user might feel tempted to ask me something instead of asking pboy. :therethere

+1 for hiding the message counter; for the same reasons.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

But sir, think of all the ego's that will be crushed. How will we deal with the fallout? I am not sure if there is enough humble fruit pie to go around.

opson123

Not sure, if it's intended, but the login button and the search bar overlap on the upper right corner. It's been like that since the major site update a while back. Not a serious issue though, but OCD suggestion is to move the search bar down a bit. :thumbup:

yashi

Not sure how easy implementable or feasible this is, but I'd really like a feature of putting my own personal notes on posters in the forum (displayed like under the avatar or something). Sometimes remembering a little history about a posters helps a lot in connecting some of the dots in new posts of theirs.

Amazoniac

I agree. The random question shows can be fun and helpful once in a while, but I would definitely enjoy more in depth shows not unlike the Politics and Science shows, or the East/West shows. The KMUD shows attempt a single topic and can be successful to a degree but they usually get bogged down by callers. Ray will literally be in the middle of explaining something and they're like "hold that thought" and then after the caller they never go back to it. They should get rid of the call-in section of the show.

Edit: After almost every show Andrew is like "well we didn't even scratch the surface of what I wanted to ask you..." Andrew, please just don't accept callers. You have good topics and questions without the callers!!
Accepting questions from the audience could work if they were sorted in advance to be related to the theme and were featured at an opportune time during the conversation. It's only practical to do it live if there is more than one host, one responsible for directing the interview and the other organizing and summarizing questions.

@charlie, would it be viable to add an 'Upcoming events' tab here? Where members can include them and Blossom gets to choose which ones are worthy of approval. There are people striving for more visibility in what they do and those that are here for reasons beyond an improvement in health. No need to be limited to interviews with Raj, can be Cartofel, Constatino, Diocino, Jorge, Juan, Saturación, Tierma, the entity above, and many others; some member launching a website, Davi releasing his book, there's the 'Ray Peat Fest' with distribution of free explosive belts so that PUFA depletion can be accomplished in seconds. Past events can be marked differently and link to where they is archived (whether a thread here or a blog). You could include an email for those that are not members to inform you. [email protected]

This would intensify the sense of community, there are advantages and disadvantages to it, but it's something to consider.

Last edited:
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Peater

Could you remove the 'Unread' filter being the default? I keep forgetting to remove it and missing threads. Cheers!

K

Kayaker

The 10-year anniversary of this forum will be in a few days based on Charlie's join date. The first post and conversation (this thread) came a few months later.