Suggestions

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
This forum is in its infancy and will evolve as we go along. It is up to you, the community, to help make suggestions as to what can be done to better serve you. If you have any ideas, complaints, or found something wrong with the board software, please post here in the Suggestions, Complaints, and Board Glitches area.

Thank you for everyones help as this community cannot exist without you.

pete

Do the forum threads move to the top when they are updated?

Good topics can be buried over time, and similar topics/questions can be reposted.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yes, threads are bumped back up to the top when replied to.

pete

Is it possible to add Tables to organize text and images, it saves space and allows to convey meaning more easily (hopefully it will work with inline attachments).

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

pete

This is how it looks, will check how to set cell width and remove the borders / text below images.

SheilaHelm1

Hi Charlie, what do you think about a topic or members area, where members can give a bit of background about themselves, so that we can spot any common ground or patterns that have emerged over the years. :|
For example I was diagnosed at the age of 6 with myxedoema/hypothyroidism I am now 43 and have experienced different medical problems/cures over the years that other members of my age might have experienced. e.g. Swollen knees, tense neck, mucin, etc. at different times of life.
Just to start us off, in case you think its a good idea, I will post my Thyroid Timeline below. Feel free to ignore it/bin it if you think its a daft or boring idea or if you think its too much information!!!!!! . :x ...... I just think knowing a bit of each others background helps in us feeling more connected and friendly towards each other........ :idea:

1969 - Born September 16th
1973 - Parents divorce, my older sister and I raised by father. Migraines start similar time.
(Don’t know if stress of above connected to hypo problems .... maybe???? might need a shrink!!!)
1976 - Diagnosed with chronic Hypothyroidism/Myxedoema and was prescribed Levothyroxine (for life!!!)
1976 - 2005 - Shy; lethargic; sleepy; freezing cold; grumpy; quiet; bit pot-bellied; ‘green-looking’; sickly.
1980 - Overprescribed Dosage of Levothyroxine, grew too fast in few months which affected knees
(a bit Knock Kneed)
1981 - Start High School - excused from P.E. because of Knee problems. (whole body swelled when exercising)
1982 - Extemely Swollen Knees - couldn’t walk for few months; couple of operations; no findings but Dr. syringed fluid from knees. Problem still persists from then on.....
2000 Did Atkins diet.... put me off meat for life, became vegetarian and still am.
(I know.. not Peat recommended but ‘eugh!!!.)
2004 - read about Ray Peat on links from Hypothyroid/coconut oil/ Lita Lee websites etc.
2006 - found some refined coconut oil in Asian shops, cooked with it but found it disgusting!!!!
Carried on reading more websites...
2007 - Bought some tubs of ‘unrefined virgin coconut oil’ even worse..... bleaugh!!! Use on skin only!!
2010 - In past 5 years, 5 of my best friends have died, So from now on I take health more seriously...
back to research etc.....
Feel I should ‘stress less’ and live life my own intuitive way....!!!
Realise any exercise is pointless, whilst I don’t get out of breath, I definitely swell up!!!
2011 - Buy Thyroid Glandular - Follow Peat inspired diet!! including coconut oil again...
Refuse levothyroxine (argue with Dr. she says she will not take responsibility for my actions and tells me she is removing my meds from computer!!!.)
Remove Amalgams (argue with Dentist but make him do it anyway and I refuse x-ray!!)
2012 - Have lost most of my ‘mucin’ weight, do not feel as ‘turgid’, am still a bit heavier than I would like but my body seems better proportioned!!!, I have warmed up immensely, have a slightly more relaxed outlook i.e. try really hard to unwind mentally, but still struggle....tho could be cos’ I’m virgo..??...
Join facebook RayPeat Fan club and realise its not just me who is obsessed with Thyroid. ha ha.... phew!!
Join RayPeat Forum... love everyone on it, become addicted to it and spend all night on laptop ignoring boyfriend, he thinks I am having an affair with someone called Ray Peat... good job its football season to distract him!!!

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Sheila, do you think the "Testimonials/Logs" section will do? We could also add on another description to it like "Testimonials/Logs/Medical History" or something to that effect.

viewforum.php?f=15

There also is the welcome section where people have been doing something of this sort.

If you still think we need another section let me know and I will look further into it.

Btw, your 2011 Dr. sounds like a real winner! :lol:

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Or maybe make a medical timeline section, I dunno. Something to think about for sure.

SheilaHelm1

Sorry Charlie, I hadn't thought of the testimonial bit.... Doh!!! :oops: I'm gonna check em all out now.
Ha ha UK doctors rock....NOT!!!! :lol:

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
SheilaHelm1 said:
Ha ha UK and US doctors rock....NOT!!!! :lol:

Fixed that for you. :lol:

J

j.

doctors just about freaking EVERYWHERE suck (except in some specialties)

The ability to search my own PM box and a more organized PM box as in being able to view your convos with one person all in one row or page.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Amazoniac

charliezord, it would be cool if there was a way that the quotes had tags, and use those to set temporary priorities to show quotes that match the tags of the trending topics. But it's not to display exclusively the relevant ones because everyone needs a different piece of the puzzle..

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
charliezord, it would be cool if there was a way that the quotes had tags, and use those to set temporary priorities to show quotes that match the tags of the trending topics. But it's not to display exclusively the relevant ones because everyone needs a different piece of the puzzle..
Its a great idea but not sure that we will be able to get it developed. The developer of that addon does not do much with it anymore.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin