Suggestions For Borderline?

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Greetings people, I’m glad I’ve got this forum to share my personal stories. I’m currently at a point where I know I better try to love myself, or I’m in for more suffering than needed. After careful consideration, on what supplements I should try next, due to limited funds, I decided cyproheptadine and Lithium. I need to tackle the mood swings, and feelings of helplessness. I’ve heard cyproheptadine can help with the latter, and Lithium for the swings. Pure Encapsulations makes a Lithium citrate liquid that should be easy to titrate. I don’t want to lower my thyroid function. So I’ll try using lowest dose I can. I’m also going to buy a Dialectical Behavior Therapy workbook, since I’m uninsured. I just need a good vendor for cyproheptadine. Any other suggestions are welcome

DaveFoster

If alcohol helps your symptoms, then you may just have underlying hypothyroidism, increased glutamate in relation to GABA, and high levels of cortisol in relation to stress.

Diagnoses have spectrums of symptoms, but there's some underlying core features in BPD and PTSD, including low DHEA and high cortisol.

Rather than making a thread every other week about your problems or wasting your money on goobly-gop self-help masturbatory literature or even worse, a psychologist, save your money and get a 30-minute evaluation with a psychiatrist, and then see an endocrinologist. Thyroid's the only thing worth a damn unless you use ridiculous dosages of various vitamins, pregnenolone or progesterone, aspirin, and so on, or take downstream hormones. All of those options lack practicality or safety in the long-term except for thyroid.

Just don't take SSRI's; there's plenty of antidepressants with safety in a moderate-term time horizon. You're not sufficiently old or decrepid, so you can tolerate amitriptyline or mirtazapine for a year or two. Just go investigate your options instead of posting on forums when you go through suicidal spells.

For the love of God, don't dose thyroid like half the people on this forum. Go slow, and get labs before you take anything. All this "self-love" garbage never works if you're depressed. You can only love yourself when you're healthy, else you become narcissistic and neurotic.

Structure your life, and use substances to give you the stability to change your environment.

Use this link: LMGTFY

Self-administering lithium's a good way to kill yourself.

Cyproheptadine will make you obese in a reasonably large regular dosage.

I'm done posting on your threads.

Last edited:

Memento

Good stuff here from Tarmander and Dave. Though I disagree with using low dose lithium as a supplement amongst other things being dangerous. Also I managed to make my life so boring that I can't stand other people at all anymore, so theres that.

Have you thought about a career change? Helping people is noble and might be satisfying, but does it work for you in the long run? Is it wearing you out and thats one of the reasons you need the alcohol etc?

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Good stuff here from Tarmander and Dave. Though I disagree with using low dose lithium as a supplement amongst other things being dangerous. Also I managed to make my life so boring that I can't stand other people at all anymore, so theres that.

Have you thought about a career change? Helping people is noble and might be satisfying, but does it work for you in the long run? Is it wearing you out and thats one of the reasons you need the alcohol etc?

Absolutely right, my transference is strong today. These ******* people milk the system dry, and are emotionally draining, lost souls. I would feel better watching paint dry.

Tarmander

Greetings people, I’m glad I’ve got this forum to share my personal stories. I’m currently at a point where I know I better try to love myself, or I’m in for more suffering than needed. After careful consideration, on what supplements I should try next, due to limited funds, I decided cyproheptadine and Lithium. I need to tackle the mood swings, and feelings of helplessness. I’ve heard cyproheptadine can help with the latter, and Lithium for the swings. Pure Encapsulations makes a Lithium citrate liquid that should be easy to titrate. I don’t want to lower my thyroid function. So I’ll try using lowest dose I can. I’m also going to buy a Dialectical Behavior Therapy workbook, since I’m uninsured. I just need a good vendor for cyproheptadine. Any other suggestions are welcome
I have used this before to good effect:

https://www.amazon.com/Lithia-Water...rd_wg=cA7CI&psc=1&refRID=CQ3KWPXYZQXWQF8SV6SJ

It is pretty powerful as far as lithium goes. Lithium chloride works much faster then carbonate where you have to build up a dosage with a doctor.

InChristAlone

I got my life back with cyproheptadine. Very small dose too. I may have thyroid/adrenal problems but F that I was on thyroid for 1.5 years and I'm not going to try that again. I'm not obese either. Weight stable for at least 6 months at 120-121. Hasn't changed at all. No matter my activity or diet.

I had a few symptoms of a personality disorder as well. I'd say after all the work I've done I only have a few lingering issues when my hormones are out of balance. It's all about balance yo!

Self love is difficult if you are used to drowning your sorrows or repressing emotions. I love somatic experiencing it's all about regulating your nervous system.

Anyway here is what east west healing has to say about jumping on the thyroid bandwagon:
"Principles are many, experiences are few. Here are my experiences, not based on a book, research, an MD or PhD. Based on working with real life humans, crazy right, for the past 15yrs.
Taking T3 alone does not mean that your cells will be able to use it. Most of the time there are other issues that are already showing you this on your lab. Such as liver storage issues, liver burden issues with estrogen, and more.
It can be paired with T4 (synthroid) etc, but has a short half life so has to be dosed quite often. It actually works better this way than taking it all at 1x during the day.
BUT, which means forget everything I said prior to this, lol. This is what I have seen over the years…..
Most people are taking it because they bought it online, bought it from friggin mexico where nothing is regulated, self diagnose, play MD and take it themselves OR even worse, recommend it to their clients. *
For one, most people don’t know enough about themselves or their biochemistry to just take a medication. You don’t even know what is in you are taking? You don’t know if you have a heart condition? You don’t even know….anything and you think its ok to take or prescribe T3 to anyone and everyone. Sorry but this ***t is ******* crazy wack!
Lastly, T3 revs the engine big time. It is what drives your metabolism, your cells and energy production. If, and most likely, your body is in a weakened, hyper cortisol and adrenaline state, and you take T3 without any form of foundation that is beginning to regulate the stress reaction….taking T3 by itself will push your body deeper into the stress reaction. I have seen it many times with people calling us or even clients we work with that decide to take it. What are the repercussions…rapid heart rate, constant state of sweating, inability to sleep, anxiety and more. Its like my example yesterday of the car with a broken down engine and you put a nitrous button in that car and hit the button. What is going to happen to the engine…BOOM!
ALWAYS FOOD FIRST! "

Regina

If alcohol helps your symptoms, then you may just have underlying hypothyroidism, increased glutamate in relation to GABA, and high levels of cortisol in relation to stress.

Diagnoses have spectrums of symptoms, but there's some underlying core features in BPD and PTSD, including low DHEA and high cortisol.

Rather than making a thread every other week about your problems or wasting your money on goobly-gop self-help masturbatory literature or even worse, a psychologist, save your money and get a 30-minute evaluation with a psychiatrist, and then see an endocrinologist. Thyroid's the only thing worth a damn unless you use ridiculous dosages of various vitamins, pregnenolone or progesterone, aspirin, and so on, or take downstream hormones. All of those options lack practicality or safety in the long-term except for thyroid.

Just don't take SSRI's; there's plenty of antidepressants with safety in a moderate-term time horizon. You're not sufficiently old or decrepid, so you can tolerate amitriptyline or mirtazapine for a year or two. Just go investigate your options instead of posting on forums when you go through suicidal spells.

For the love of God, don't dose thyroid like half the people on this forum. Go slow, and get labs before you take anything. All this "self-love" garbage never works if you're depressed. You can only love yourself when you're healthy, else you become narcissistic and neurotic.

Structure your life, and use substances to give you the stability to change your environment.

Use this link: LMGTFY

Self-administering lithium's a good way to kill yourself.

Cyproheptadine will make you obese in a reasonably large regular dosage.

I'm done posting on your threads.

Fantastic advice!

D

danishispsychic

i would start with trying to detox your liver- i like dr chistophers herbs for that , i like milkthistle tincutre , i think dr stuarts liver detox tea is the strongest out there , and the mastercleanse is a great liver cleanse. i would do all that after a colon cleanse - i think that just doing food grade h202 in water is a great way to start to get a sterile gut. clean colon, then liver- i would imagine on just the h2o2 you will feel a difference mentally and emotionally.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

i would start with trying to detox your liver- i like dr chistophers herbs for that , i like milkthistle tincutre , i think dr stuarts liver detox tea is the strongest out there , and the mastercleanse is a great liver cleanse. i would do all that after a colon cleanse - i think that just doing food grade h202 in water is a great way to start to get a sterile gut. clean colon, then liver- i would imagine on just the h2o2 you will feel a difference mentally and emotionally.

Can’t I just do Alpha lipoic acid and straight Thistle ?

Jem Oz

Kudos for being so candid mate. It's a good sign about your ability to grow. I'm just going to throw my 2 cents in, without expectations of these words being well-received or agreed with.

I believe "mental health" issues are not biological, genetic, or metabolic. They are not governed by hormones, herbs, 'chemical imbalances' etc etc. They are wounds to the soul. They are huge, complicated problems in your unconscious. They are projections. Repetitions of early patterns of relating, primarily with the mother, which get replayed in your adult life over and over. And in my long experience with dealing with this stuff, I feel pretty confident in saying that there is one way of 'curing' those enormous problems that blows everything else out of the water; finding a kick-**** psychotherapist who will literally and symbolically re-create the early holding environment you didn't have with your mother, and, over a period of months and years, offer you a chance to be 're-parented'. They do this simply by listening, and by taking you seriously, and accepting you as you are, and mirroring and confirming your thoughts and feelings. Over and over and over and over. Until you slowly start to heal those huge wounds.

I may not win many friends with this view, but it is, in my humble opinion, the truth. The only proviso: the therapist HAS to have healed their own childhood wounds before helping you. It's vital. If they haven't, they will only end up projecting their own bull**** onto you and the therapy will fail. Trust me, I've learnt the hard way. It's slow, unglamorous, boring, expensive work. Real work. Grinding away, week after week, year after year. There are no guarantees. No one in your life will understand. But it's worth it. Enormous progress IS possible.

Modern psychiatry and modern psychology are nothing short of barbaric abominations. They are so deeply embarrassing to me, I'm beyond even giving them the time of day to dispute their moronic claims and approaches to a human life. Suffice it say they are 'professions' riddled with fear and unacknowledged shame.

By all means tinker with your physiology, work on your metabolism, but that stuff will never be ground zero. Ground zero is finding a way into the underground sea containing your buried, disowned ancient feelings of pain, shame, rage and deep sorrow. They were literally feelings you had, over and over, as a baby and toddler, but they got pushed outside your consciousness because they were too risky.

Anyway I apologise if this message is too forward, and comes across as too familiar. I obviously don't know you. But from what you have described, I certainly know similar experiences to you. You don't need another theory. Another supplement. A whizz bang new herb, or insight. You need time. Respect. Safety. Empathy. Lots and lots of empathy that is free of caveats. Trust me mate, if you find that, you will be BEYOND AMAZED at the impact.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Kudos for being so candid mate. It's a good sign about your ability to grow. I'm just going to throw my 2 cents in, without expectations of these words being well-received or agreed with.

I believe "mental health" issues are not biological, genetic, or metabolic. They are not governed by hormones, herbs, 'chemical imbalances' etc etc. They are wounds to the soul. They are huge, complicated problems in your unconscious. They are projections. Repetitions of early patterns of relating, primarily with the mother, which get replayed in your adult life over and over. And in my long experience with dealing with this stuff, I feel pretty confident in saying that there is one way of 'curing' those enormous problems that blows everything else out of the water; finding a kick-**** psychotherapist who will literally and symbolically re-create the early holding environment you didn't have with your mother, and, over a period of months and years, offer you a chance to be 're-parented'. They do this simply by listening, and by taking you seriously, and accepting you as you are, and mirroring and confirming your thoughts and feelings. Over and over and over and over. Until you slowly start to heal those huge wounds.

I may not win many friends with this view, but it is, in my humble opinion, the truth. The only proviso: the therapist HAS to have healed their own childhood wounds before helping you. It's vital. If they haven't, they will only end up projecting their own bull**** onto you and the therapy will fail. Trust me, I've learnt the hard way. It's slow, unglamorous, boring, expensive work. Real work. Grinding away, week after week, year after year. There are no guarantees. No one in your life will understand. But it's worth it. Enormous progress IS possible.

Modern psychiatry and modern psychology are nothing short of barbaric abominations. They are so deeply embarrassing to me, I'm beyond even giving them the time of day to dispute their moronic claims and approaches to a human life. Suffice it say they are 'professions' riddled with fear and unacknowledged shame.

By all means tinker with your physiology, work on your metabolism, but that stuff will never be ground zero. Ground zero is finding a way into the underground sea containing your buried, disowned ancient feelings of pain, shame, rage and deep sorrow. They were literally feelings you had, over and over, as a baby and toddler, but they got pushed outside your consciousness because they were too risky.

Anyway I apologise if this message is too forward, and comes across as too familiar. I obviously don't know you. But from what you have described, I certainly know similar experiences to you. You don't need another theory. Another supplement. A whizz bang new herb, or insight. You need time. Respect. Safety. Empathy. Lots and lots of empathy that is free of caveats. Trust me mate, if you find that, you will be BEYOND AMAZED at the impact.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

I appreciate that, the insightful perspective, a differing one, is light shown from another window.

D

danishispsychic

the mind is the brain, the brain is part of the body. the soul? not sure what that is actually. cellular memory? epigenetics? certainly.

ThinkPerceive

I've had a tendency to get involved with BPD women. And I must say it was a horrible experience each time. The reason is that one - I - become an actor in their search for excitement about themselves. I'm new a fascinating at first, then I'm the horrible oppressor... I have still to learn and heal over the issues in ME that accepted those relationships as a true partnership - or even as "normal".

Anyway, that's a long preamble to say, it's an incredible leap forward to recognize this in your own life. In all the people I met that was never a possibility. So, kudos there.

Most of the dietary/supp advice above is excellent. On the drinking, I had the odd experience of becoming addicted to booze (complete with hiding, drinking alone etc) for only a few months - after about a year of very low carb dieting. It was driving me crazy and I experienced first hand how nearly impossible it is to NOT indulge in drinking behavior. What fixed it? I started Peating. Actually, I had just dipped my toe in and was eating a lot of fresh fruit - and after a while realized that I hadn't had a drink - even thought about it - in two weeks. I'm now convinced that some (most?) chemical addictions are powered by the difficulty of sugar getting into cells, and the body does what it has to (including behavior) to make that happen. So, eating lots of sugar and adding niacinamide should be helpful.

About addressing the BPD, I'm hesitant to mention here in case it's off-topic, but I've been reading about some amazing results from psychedelic research, and its role in increasing empathy and in healing PTSD (there is a current final-stage study using MDMA, and the evidence so far is extremely exciting). I would think most personality disorders can be described as a kind of PTSD - even just the stress of "life" can result in some very deep issues, even if the result doesn't get an acronym. I know it's illegal most places and I wouldn't have any idea what to suggest for access anyway - but that might be a good area for you to research and perhaps you can find a safe way (legally and experimentally) to look into it. A couple places to start might be MAPS (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies) and the podcast Psychedelics Today. Both are highly professional and focus on the use of these medicines for healing and personal growth.

IF you pursue that route, keep in mind that the way people - even scientists - talk about serotonin is junk. Read or listen to Peat's comments on the role of early LSD research leading to this disinformation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals