Sugars

Runenight201

Glucose : a simple sugar that is an important energy source in living organisms and is a component of many carbohydrates.

From the Greek word gleukos, meaning sweet wine.

Every time Ray mentions a diet high sugars, what if he is referring to glucose, sucrose, fructose, and lactose

Clearly he likes his sucrose, but let’s be real, how many people actually succeed on a zero starch diet? So long as the bulk of the diet comes from carbohydrates (aka sugars) then it’s a peat friendly diet.

My 2 c eat the starches franz

kreeese

I eat sugar and fat. Huge success....white sugar honey fruit coca cola steak eggs bacon coc oil...starches once a week I lost close to 45 pounds doing this

Cirion

As I learn more and more, the real answer does seem to be a balance. Btw, sucrose = fructose plus glucose, so that list is redundant, I'd rephrase it as something like this:

33% glucose 33% fructose 33% lactose

Is probably about the ideal place to be. I have read in more than one location that fructose should balance out glucose. And sucrose (which contains both glucose and fructose) is a 1:1 ratio, which is a good reason why using sugar in coffee and whatnot can be beneficial. Doesn't RP himself recommend lots of supplemental sucrose in a damaged metabolism? By doing so, he is also recommending a 1:1 glucose to fructose ratio.

If you assume most starch is mostly glucose (most is), you want to balance starches with heavy fructose foods (as example, If I recall, an apple has a 2:1 fructose to glucose ratio, so its excellent for balance starch). You also want to have protein and saturated fats with your starches.

One reason RP may exclude starch from an ideal diet is that it is challenging to find quality starch like sprouted grains. Sweet potato is one of the few starches that is pretty safe, and is one of my staples. Interestingly enough I believe sweet potato is already almost a 1:1 glucose to fructose ratio without being balanced out.

Dobbler

You don't need starch for good health. White rice = easy to make but no nutritional value what so ever. Tubers (potatoes, sweet potatoes etc) = slow to make and have to be cooked well otherwise they are toxic. Everything else = toxic.
Fruits and berries = full of nutrition , ready to eat whenever, easy to digest, won't cause inflammation.
Honey > sucrose. I see honey as a sweet gift of nature.
Lactose = not necessary.

Cirion

Some starches give nutrients that can be hard to get otherwise. I am a big fan of sweet potatoes, they're like the superfood of starches. Magnesium, Vitamin A, fructose to name a couple of the big reasons I like them. Plus, I find it easy to get plenty of salt in my diet with starches, since you can salt them generously. Yeah you can put salt in OJ and whatnot but I find myself not liking to do that if I can avoid it. It's true that you have to be cautious which starches you go with and how you prepare them, and many starches are not OK no matter how you prepare them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals