Sugar Vs Teeth

Ali

Relatively new to the Peat approach . Curious to know though, should one be monitoring their teeth more closely with all this sugar intake??

Any input is highly appreciated

Thank You!

welcome.

I don't think sugar bothers your teeth. What does is acidic foods.

In my experience, sugar is fine. But Coke, orange juice etc. need to be rinsed out of your mouth after consumption.

I know they argue that bacterial produce acids from sugar, but my experience is that vitamin D3, K2 MK4 and calcium will make your teeth pretty resistant to decay.

One mistake I made was driving my metabolism too much with lots of coconut oil and sugar when I started this. I would now doing it again, gradually change and gradually increase things and do it over months rather than days. I think I gained 30 pounds from my mistake. Thought it would be easy to lose, which it is not. But my teeth initially hurt from driving my metabolism higher before I was ready.

Now my teeth no longer hurt unless I do something extreme like consume too much magnesium too fast.

mirc12354

Be sure to clean your teeth after eating dried fruit. Don't think sugar by itself is a problem but dried fruit definitely is.

Regina

I have never eaten this much sugar in my life.
Not since sneaking out of my house as a child and riding to the kwicky-mart with a can of pennies to trade for candy.
Or trading my roast beef sandwich at school for dimes to buy fudgicles. (see, I knew what I needed ;o))).
I had a recent dental exam n cleaning and got the best seal of approval ever.

Used to be bloody and painful and with 'areas of concern'....

lvysaur

Or trading my roast beef sandwich at school for dimes to buy fudgicles. (see, I knew what I needed ;o))).

I've always found it interesting that kids are stereotypically described as sugar lovers. I never craved sugar as a kid, and would have opted for roast beef, or any protein, over sweets.

Even now, I never really crave sugar the way I do protein.

Regina

I've always found it interesting that kids are stereotypically described as sugar lovers. I never craved sugar as a kid, and would have opted for roast beef, or any protein, over sweets.

Even now, I never really crave sugar the way I do protein.
Yea, that's why it was so easy to make the trade.
My family was strict and traditional and there were ZERO sweets in the house. We had roasts and stews and a celery stick for a treat. Or rice-pudding for special night.
I'd go to friend's houses and there would be glorious ho-ho's and little debbies and soda and pringles and other completely magical fantastical things like unicorns and rainbows and nachos.
Pretty easy to swap out of the leg of lamb.

lvysaur

Yea, that's why it was so easy to make the trade.
My family was strict and traditional and there were ZERO sweets in the house. We had roasts and stews and a celery stick for a treat.

I envy you, I grew up vegetarian till the age of 5. Even then, my dad and I were the only ones who ate meat.

I remember walking through a meat freezer when I was 4, and everything looked amazing. Even today, raw meat looks insanely appetizing to me

Regina

I envy you, I grew up vegetarian till the age of 5. Even then, my dad and I were the only ones who ate meat.

I remember walking through a meat freezer when I was 4, and everything looked amazing. Even today, raw meat looks insanely appetizing to me
Wow. That's interesting. Even I (having been raised by marrow-eating savages ;o))) do crave small bits of rare meat and imbibe accordingly.
I work with Brahmins. And, of course, it would be unthinkable for them to eat meat. The guy is my boss so I can't really say anything.
But now he and his wife are completely vegan. Not even ghee. And he sits in the dark on the computer all day every day. Brilliant guy now. But, his work desk is surrounded by empty packages of junkfood. He often "buys lunch" but it is from vegan restaurant. PUFA, wheat, lentils. I don't have to go into the office regularly. But when I do and let myself in, it is pitch black and he is sitting at his blue-lit computer in the middle of the day. He's never tried meat, of course. But, really that is now a minor part of the overall picture.

DaveFoster

Acid is bad, but more than that estrogen causes periodontal disease, so lowering inflammation with a laxative, some niacinamide, aspirin, and progesterone will make any gum inflammation go away. It has for me.

lvysaur

I work with Brahmins. And, of course, it would be unthinkable for them to eat meat. The guy is my boss so I can't really say anything.

But now he and his wife are completely vegan. Not even ghee.

I was born into a Hindu family, and I know a lot of Indian people who've gone vegan. They're following the absurd logic of "if vegetarian is good, then vegan is even better". Dairy had a huge influence on Hinduism, so if you forgo dairy, you might as well eat beef. I eat both.

If you look at the concept of the "Sattvic" diet, which is supposed to accommodate a "calm" demeanor, you'll see a pretty big overlap with Peat. The most agreed upon Sattvic foods are dairy, fruit, and honey.

Meat is generally considered either Rajasic (energizing) or Tamasic (fatiguing), and I find these descriptions pretty accurate, depending on the amount I eat.

I've also noticed that vegetarians tend to be disproportionately women, while people who convert from vegetarianism (in the case of Hindus who migrate to other nations) are mostly men. Women like sugar more, too, which fits the same sort of paradigm.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals