Sugar vs Starch and constant feedings.

jomamma007

Hey guys,

So I see the sugar vs starch debate is always on going on this forum, but I’m wondering if anyone who does sugar only is able to do it without constant feedings throughout the day.

When I say constant, I’m referring to say 5+ feedings per day. I know Danny, Ray, and a few others who avoid starch but are constantly drinking milk (or cafe con ledge) throughout the day.

It seems a benefit or starch for some, is being able to sustain energy and blood sugar for longer durations.

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hey guys,

So I see the sugar vs starch debate is always on going on this forum, but I’m wondering if anyone who does sugar only is able to do it without constant feedings throughout the day.

When I say constant, I’m referring to say 5+ feedings per day. I know Danny, Ray, and a few others who avoid starch but are constantly drinking milk (or cafe con ledge) throughout the day.

It seems a benefit or starch is being able to sustain energy and blood sugar for someone longer durations.
It all depends on what you combine the sugar with. If it's meat and fat, then it will last you a long time. But if it's just juice on it's own, not very long.
Even whole fruit on its own will typically last you much longer than juice.

Hey guys,

It seems a benefit or starch for some, is being able to sustain energy and blood sugar for longer durations.
I find sugar without starches, paired with a good amount of protein to be more energizing and satiating than starches. Starches seem to get me craving more of them at my next feeding. Milk seems to get me hungry again soon too, but cheese, like Brie paired with something like watermelon keeps me satisfied for a long time.