Sugar,starch,salt,sat.fats&fatgain?

Dutchie

I know most people here believe Ray's thougths about starch,sat.fats&fatgain but I was wondering if in avoidence/very low threshhold of PUFA even from eggs,the body migth actually not store that sat.fat so quickly but instead dumps the excess through increased stool?

There has been a period,inspired by 180Degrees, that I ate entire Speltcakes,coconut speltcookies,icecream tubs,rice porridge etc. (I know now,not all the best sources of starch). Those things unconsciously all were composed of sugar&starch&sat.fat,moderate proteine in form of coconutproducts,butter and a bit of fullfat dairy products...virtually no eggs(with the exception of the icecream regarding yolks and no starch). I didn't 'seem' to get fatter,I was however doing physical labour mostly during the day and going to the gym afterwards.
But it made me think if in almost complete lack of PUFA , one can eat sugar&starch&fat(though I know now the grains arent the most preferrable choice of starch) together without fatgain or at least much and that the body still prefers the carbs as fuel,uses a certain amount of fat for nutrient uptake/repair etc. and just gets rid of the excess via bowel?....don't know I migthve been fattening my liver.

Anybody any experience/thougths or research on that?

pboy

From what I understand, cells have to undergo a slight transformation and use a slightly different process to modify PUFA's before they can enter the normal mitochondrial
energy producing cycle in cells, so this would seem to be something that could take away overall cell resources to process and produce energy from everything else...thereby slowing overall metabolism. I think how it works is that fatty acids whose chains are really long must enter cell peroxisomes, undergo a change, then they can enter the cell mitochondria and the krebs cycle.(Someone else might correct me here).
Honestly too though, I think theres something to thyroid that has to do with 'mental freedom' or 'mental flexibility', in the sense that the more free and flexible you are with what/how/when you eat, the more likely the thyroid is to keep at a high level, because afterall, if you're not picky, there's likely always an abundance of some type of food around at all times and you'd never likely go hungry, whereas the more picky you are, the less likely acceptable food is available...so even in the midst of a city full of food everywhere, you could seemingly be in a slight food scarcity consciousness. (this part is just my theory based on experience).

OP
D

Dutchie

pboy said:
From what I understand, cells have to undergo a slight transformation and use a slightly different process to modify PUFA's before they can enter the normal mitochondrial
energy producing cycle in cells, so this would seem to be something that could take away overall cell resources to process and produce energy from everything else...thereby slowing overall metabolism. I think how it works is that fatty acids whose chains are really long must enter cell peroxisomes, undergo a change, then they can enter the cell mitochondria and the krebs cycle.(Someone else might correct me here).
Honestly too though, I think theres something to thyroid that has to do with 'mental freedom' or 'mental flexibility', in the sense that the more free and flexible you are with what/how/when you eat, the more likely the thyroid is to keep at a high level, because afterall, if you're not picky, there's likely always an abundance of some type of food around at all times and you'd never likely go hungry, whereas the more picky you are, the less likely acceptable food is available...so even in the midst of a city full of food everywhere, you could seemingly be in a slight food scarcity consciousness. (this part is just my theory based on experience).

Well I'm totally freaking out and hating myself for throwing myself into shitholes everytime bc of my own 'food/exercise/disordered eating and fatgain issues". Today I,by my own lethargicness&sometimes when feeling 'too good' and my own wrong doings,I gave into eating an entire organic Speltflourcake,although it did contain cane sugar and no PUFA only butter,it did contain Speltflour,Cornstarch and guargum or locust bean can't remember anymore. I shouldve taken notice that my metabolism actually seemed to be transitioning bc I didnt seem to get that warm&happy feeling but I liked "the caky texture"anymore like I used to. I even probably couldve better opted for the Rice porridge instead,although that doesn't make me really warm anymore either. I wonder if a Peatish diet of simple sugars makes you resistant to starch?I dont know what heats me up anymore these days,maybe I should go live off Coconutfoods and maybe some goats dairy for a while. I read the fatcomposition of goatdairy contains more MCT's and actually resembles mother's milk? Thinking of coconutproducts&foods only increases my longing for wanting to escape to a sunny place near a beach learn how to surf,skate,have a fun care&issuefree life.Cliff,dude,I'm so freaking jealous of you!.....If only I had a big bag of money or someone to offer me a job there.
The cake actually made me feel calmer but I guess not in a good way,but this 'calmness' and wanting to sit down and do nothing/just sit on couch and watch tv reminds me too much of my past,which in hindsigth only had the positive point of 'still being naive regarding foods and all other stuff". Knowledge is such a double edged sword......
Not only do I hate myself for going round in this shitshow carousel and not being able to eat&act/feel normal,but I'm also so scared I've totally undone my work again as it seemed I finally somehow was building up my mineral and especially iron/hemoglobin and elevated liverenzymes level and unburdening the liver some more and my edema seemed to be reducing somewhat......
Maybe I should try eating a raw carrot tomorrow,in hope that'll literally take the ***t out of the body.

Funnily today I heard someone talking about the fact that people who eat all organic don't seem to be able to gain weigth as in fatgain. I find that really hard to believe bc that would mean you cold eat copious amounts of calories/foods everyday....

I'd like to read the 'I didnt quit sugar"Book,especially also recipe book,but can't afford it. Anyone have it and care to share it?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals