Sugar Slows Down Immune Function

InChristAlone

Is that pure sugar or is something else with the sugar such as chocolate or nuts or other high arginine food...
Exactly

mostlylurking

It seem to I feel worse after eating sugar. I often have herpes outbreaks and active herpes 6 in my blood. I think there is truth in this study.
Eating sugar uses up thiamine. Thiamine is needed for the immune system to function well. If you are borderline thiamine deficient, eating sugar can worsen the situation.

"Thiamine is able to improve immune system function and has been shown to reduce the risk of type-2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, aging-related disorders, kidney disease, cancer, mental disorders and neurodegenerative disorders [6]. Thiamine deficiency affects the cardiovascular system, causes neuroinflammation, increases inflammation and leads to aberrant antibody responses [6]. As antibodies, and importantly T-cells, are required to eliminate the SARS-CoV-2 virus, thiamine deficiency can potentially result in inadequate antibody responses, and subsequently more severe symptoms. Hence, adequate thiamine levels are likely to aid in the proper immune responses during SARS-CoV-2 infection. In addition, the symptoms of COVID-19 are very similar to altitude sickness and high-altitude pulmonary edema. Acetazolamide is commonly prescribed to prevent high-altitude sickness and pulmonary edema through inhibition of the carbonic anhydrase isoenzymes and subsequently increases oxygen levels. Thiamine also functions as a carbonic anhydrase isoenzyme inhibitor [9]; hence, high-doses of thiamine given to people at early stages of COVID-19 could potentially limit hypoxia and decrease hospitalization. Further research is required to determine whether administration of high thiamine doses could contribute to the treatment of patients with COVID-19."

Perry Staltic

Just from personal experience and what I've read, excessive sugar can alter the gut microbiome in a bad way. It is involved with all kinds of signaling with the immune system

Birdie

Who eats straight white sugar? Ray Peat recommends fruit. That kind of sugar. He says white sugar is for emergencies only.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals