Sugar Saved My Life

stargazer1111

I was thinking about it this morning. Sugar is literally the only substance I have ever found that counteracts my severe health problems. If the Lustigs of the world are correct and sugar really is a poison, I would still consume copious amounts of it because I was so sick before that life just isn't worth living in that condition. I would rather have some semblance of normalcy for a while and die early from sugar's hypothetically toxic effects than live a hundred years in the condition I was in before.

One of my more horrible conditions is post-orgasmic illness syndrome. It got severe on keto and even worse on Paul Jaminet's starch-based diet. I get severe fatigue, muscle pain, digestive problems, and brain problems (notably social anxiety) from even one orgasm. Without sugar, it would take me weeks to recover from just one.

Sugar has reduced this time to about 24-48 hours maximum. I crave sugar much more after sexual activity and I believe this is because the body needs the sugar to recover.

Cirion

Nice. Same here. I even have people on these forums saying my high sugar (sometimes 700g a day or even more) is not optimal, and maybe they're right, but I can't even hold down a job without having this much, so I plan to continue.

Regarding your other issue, I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend #nofap. I have similar issues, but #nofap pretty much cures them. Even if it is a Band-Aid solution like some have told me, it works, and it works well. The 5 minute of pleasure isn't worth the day or even week or two long hangover, it's just not.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Iffin I may.....

:rightagain2

sebastian_r

One of my more horrible conditions is post-orgasmic illness syndrome. It got severe on keto and even worse on Paul Jaminet's starch-based diet. I get severe fatigue, muscle pain, digestive problems, and brain problems (notably social anxiety) from even one orgasm. Without sugar, it would take me weeks to recover from just one.

Sugar has reduced this time to about 24-48 hours maximum. I crave sugar much more after sexual activity and I believe this is because the body needs the sugar to recover.
I would get bloodwork for prolactin and dht.

Cirion

Relevant to the topic at hand, and n=1 proof that sugar is the champion of weight loss (14 day aka 2 week averaged plots to average out daily fluctuations):

upload_2019-9-23_11-48-18.png

(That's why I eat 600-700 gram sugar a day, summed up in one picture). Only thing that makes me lose weight. Note that some of the lower sugar days actually made me gain weight. So much for low carb/keto.

... and this is why I don't eat starch anymore...

upload_2019-9-23_11-50-42.png

OP
S

stargazer1111

That's pretty interesting. Wh
Relevant to the topic at hand, and n=1 proof that sugar is the champion of weight loss (14 day aka 2 week averaged plots to average out daily fluctuations):

View attachment 14838

(That's why I eat 600-700 gram sugar a day, summed up in one picture). Only thing that makes me lose weight. Note that some of the lower sugar days actually made me gain weight. So much for low carb/keto.

View attachment 14839

That's pretty interesting. What is your fat intake?

OP
S

stargazer1111

I would get bloodwork for prolactin and dht.

I've thought about it but just haven't yet. I probably will at some point. I suspect prolactin is through the roof as is DHT considering I started losing my hair when I was 18.

Cirion

That's pretty interesting. Wh

That's pretty interesting. What is your fat intake?

I am still working out some things, but so far my data is pointing me to low fat roughly 20-30 gram a day. My theory is 20-30 gram a day is just enough to utilize fat soluble vitamins which we do need so zero fat isn't optimal, but any more than 30 gram a day starts to activate the randle cycle and increase FFA's to a significant degree.

upload_2019-9-23_12-3-1.png

Amazoniac

View attachment 14838

View attachment 14839
That's a graph for refined sucrose and the other for starch glucose or just starch? Because depending on how you're distributing the sucrose, a meal with it might surpass the amount of glucose consumed in the starch meal, pointing to other factors involved, like fermentation.

If you're consuming refined sugar, has you trieded to change the proportions with the addition of plain dextrose to grasp how it affects you? There are plenty of ways to ease the spike and it can serve to rule out indigestion.
What about Franklin's leafy broth?

- The Small Intestine Converts Dietary Fructose Into Glucose And Organic Acids

Wow is sucrose drip in hospitals?

Cirion

That's a graph for refined sucrose and the other for starch glucose or just starch? Because depending on how you're distributing the sucrose, a meal with it might surpass the amount of glucose consumed in the starch meal, pointing to other factors involved, like fermentation.

If you're consuming refined sugar, has you trieded to change the proportions with the addition of plain dextrose to grasp how it affects you? There are plenty of ways to ease the spike and it can serve to rule out indigestion.
What about Franklin's leafy broth?

- The Small Intestine Converts Dietary Fructose Into Glucose And Organic Acids

Wow is sucrose drip in hospitals?

That's a "catch all" graphic if you will. Which means total sucrose intake in the day including refined as well as whole food sources. I rarely drink more than two colas a day though, so mostly its juices, syrups, fruit etc (aka, not refined).

I have maltodextrin and I've played with it briefly, but not enough to make a cool picture with, but I can say subjectively I don't feel right consuming maltodextrin. I also don't feel quite right consuming too much fructose, so for me I need a rough 1:1 balance (aka sucrose). Glucose from sucrose seemingly doesn't affect me like glucose derived from starch.

The other plot is mostly starchy foods like potato, bread, oatmeal, pasta, and not free glucose (like maltodextrin) and does not count the glucose from sucrose intakes.

Amazoniac

That's a "catch all" graphic if you will. Which means total sucrose intake in the day including refined as well as whole food sources. I rarely drink more than two colas a day though, so mostly its juices, syrups, fruit etc (aka, not refined).

I have maltodextrin and I've played with it briefly, but not enough to make a cool picture with, but I can say subjectively I don't feel right consuming maltodextrin. I also don't feel quite right consuming too much fructose, so for me I need a rough 1:1 balance (aka sucrose). Glucose from sucrose seemingly doesn't affect me like glucose derived from starch.

The other plot is mostly starchy foods like potato, bread, oatmeal, pasta, and not free glucose (like maltodextrin) and does not count the glucose from sucrose intakes.
A standard medium potato is 175 g, contains 30 g of starch (most being digested) and some sugars. The other graph is for the actual sucrose consumption. 600 g of sucrose in 10 meals would be 60 g per meal and 30 g of glucose.

Last edited:

DennisX

View attachment 14838

View attachment 14839
I'm curious how you get to 600g of sugar a day. An apple=19g, orange=12g, banana =14g, maple syrup 1tbsp=12g, sweet pot=12g These add up to 61gms. Where does the rest of your sugar gms come from if not refined sugar?

Cirion

I'm curious how you get to 600g of sugar a day. An apple=19g, orange=12g, banana =14g, maple syrup 1tbsp=12g, sweet pot=12g These add up to 61gms. Where does the rest of your sugar gms come from if not refined sugar?

Just very large portions. Maple syrup by the tbsp? Nah. More like maple syrup by the cup =P I avoid refined sugar except for one or two colas a day, since I realize with high sugar intake, if you don't get nutrients with it, can be problematic. Milk, OJ are two other staples lately. Sometimes juice concentrate if I want some dense sugar without as much liquid.

vulture

I was thinking about it this morning. Sugar is literally the only substance I have ever found that counteracts my severe health problems. If the Lustigs of the world are correct and sugar really is a poison, I would still consume copious amounts of it because I was so sick before that life just isn't worth living in that condition. I would rather have some semblance of normalcy for a while and die early from sugar's hypothetically toxic effects than live a hundred years in the condition I was in before.

LOL I just have the same sensation. After I have sex I usually crave fruits or sweet stuff like caramel spread.

ExCarniv

Refined sugar is ok, usually you put in your milk, gelatin , juices, so you are getting good nutrients with it.

TheSir

Nice. Same here. I even have people on these forums saying my high sugar (sometimes 700g a day or even more) is not optimal, and maybe they're right, but I can't even hold down a job without having this much, so I plan to continue.

Regarding your other issue, I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend #nofap. I have similar issues, but #nofap pretty much cures them. Even if it is a Band-Aid solution like some have told me, it works, and it works well. The 5 minute of pleasure isn't worth the day or even week or two long hangover, it's just not.
In my opinion semen retention is the exact opposite of band-aid. I firmly believe that many physiological and psychological problems from hypothyroidism to arthritis and from depression to addiction begin from masturbation. For thousands of years, this was common medical view. Pretty much no spiritual, medical or philosophical school of spoke about the virtue of sexual indulgence. Time and time again, opposite sentiments were expressed. It's only in the last 100 years or so that the medical opinion of male ejaculation has transformed into a health-boosting act. For all the scientific insight we have achieved in the past 100 years, how could it even begin to compare against thousands of years of empirical wisdom?

TheSir

Just very large portions. Maple syrup by the tbsp? Nah. More like maple syrup by the cup =P I avoid refined sugar except for one or two colas a day, since I realize with high sugar intake, if you don't get nutrients with it, can be problematic. Milk, OJ are two other staples lately. Sometimes juice concentrate if I want some dense sugar without as much liquid.
What do you think propels your metabolism to thrive on this type of diet, since it's so unintuitive and artificial in contrast to the types of diets that humans anywhere evolved with (to my knowledge)? It's really interesting that you not only get away with it, but find it boosting your wellbeing.

Cirion

In my opinion semen retention is the exact opposite of band-aid. I firmly believe that many physiological and psychological problems from hypothyroidism to arthritis and from depression to addiction begin from masturbation. For thousands of years, this was common medical view. Pretty much no spiritual, medical or philosophical school of spoke about the virtue of sexual indulgence. Time and time again, opposite sentiments were expressed. It's only in the last 100 years or so that the medical opinion of male ejaculation has transformed into a health-boosting act. For all the scientific insight we have achieved in the past 100 years, how could it even begin to compare against thousands of years of empirical wisdom?

I was a chronic addict as a young person. I wonder how many of my problems were due to it. Like many, I used it for "stress release" purposes due to high stress of college and whatnot. Ironically, now that I know what I know, it increased my net stress, not decreased it.

On that note I'm almost back up to 3 weeks #nofap streak and feel the libido coming back with a strong vengeance even though I'm still hypo and would otherwise have zero libido. Ah, how I missed it =P

Cirion

What do you think propels your metabolism to thrive on this type of diet, since it's so unintuitive and artificial in contrast to the types of diets that humans anywhere evolved with (to my knowledge)? It's really interesting that you not only get away with it, but find it boosting your wellbeing.

Ray's writings have helped me to understand why. Sugar is superior to starch at least if you're hypo. In hypo, starch feeds endotoxin (except raw carrots), fructose bypasses insulin and can increase glucose levels in cells no matter what. Sugar also shuts down fatty acid oxidation (FAO) better than starch. Plus the glucose contained in sucrose molecules are much easier to assimilate than the glucose molecules derived from starch. I believe that Ray said that sugar is 50% less fattening than starch on a per calorie basis.

There have been studies floating around as of late that suggest De Novo Lipogenesis from carbs occur at roughly the 500 gram carb mark. However, I think this study was done primarily with starch as the main carb. If you then extrapolate a little (this is a bit of stretch without some more research, which I plan to investigate further, but it would agree with my experiments), if sugar is 50% less fattening, that probably means you can eat roughly 50% more sugar than starch before DNL occurs. Maybe 750 gram? Somewhere in the 700-800 gram range of sugar just so happens to be where I see peak benefits from sugar and after that my data suggests sugar might not be helpful. Perhaps I'm trying too hard, but the numbers line up and make sense. I'll definitely investigate further and see if I'm onto something here.

TheSir

Ray's writings have helped me to understand why. Sugar is superior to starch at least if you're hypo. In hypo, starch feeds endotoxin (except raw carrots), fructose bypasses insulin and can increase glucose levels in cells no matter what. Sugar also shuts down fatty acid oxidation (FAO) better than starch. Plus the glucose contained in sucrose molecules are much easier to assimilate than the glucose molecules derived from starch. I believe that Ray said that sugar is 50% less fattening than starch on a per calorie basis.

There have been studies floating around as of late that suggest De Novo Lipogenesis from carbs occur at roughly the 500 gram carb mark. However, I think this study was done primarily with starch as the main carb. If you then extrapolate a little (this is a bit of stretch without some more research, which I plan to investigate further, but it would agree with my experiments), if sugar is 50% less fattening, that probably means you can eat roughly 50% more sugar than starch before DNL occurs. Maybe 750 gram? Somewhere in the 700-800 gram range of sugar just so happens to be where I see peak benefits from sugar and after that my data suggests sugar might not be helpful. Perhaps I'm trying too hard, but the numbers line up and make sense. I'll definitely investigate further and see if I'm onto something here.
Do you think your current regimen will eventually move you out of being hypo? If it did, would you keep eating like this regardless or experiment with other things?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals