Sugar Or Meat/ Protein First?

lostguy

Hey everyone,
My question is what would be more advisable, to eat the sugar in form of OJ, milk, sugar first OR the Protein as in Meat Cheese etc.?

I would like someone to answer who has a clue about how insulin reacts when eating a meal, so what would be favorable to use insulin the most efficient?

Also I have a problem with food combining, so what would make the most sense to eat first? THANK YOU SO MUCH

gaze

I think sugar should come first. It makes it easier to assemble the protein, although if your eating quickly it shouldn’t be that big of a difference

OP
L

lostguy

I think sugar should come first. It makes it easier to assemble the protein, although if your eating quickly it shouldn’t be that big of a difference

yeah that‘s what I‘ve figured out so far too.
But I‘ve recently heard in a ray peat clip that meat raises insulin really good, so I‘m thinking about if it‘s better to first eat the protein to then have high insulin and to metabolize the sugar better..
but it does seem really counterintuitive as I need the sugar first to lower cortisol and get the appetite going

gaze

yeah that‘s what I‘ve figured out so far too.
But I‘ve recently heard in a ray peat clip that meat raises insulin really good, so I‘m thinking about if it‘s better to first eat the protein to then have high insulin and to metabolize the sugar better..
but it does seem really counterintuitive as I need the sugar first to lower cortisol and get the appetite going

“Eating protein by itself can cause a big surge of cortisol. Preceding the protein with some carbohydrate makes the protein go farther, otherwise under the influence of cortisol a lot of protein is used just for energy.” this is Rays quote on the matter

J

james2388

there is no first. There is only together. modest protein with modest sugar with little fat.
If you want to get fat, drink whole fat milk with sugar, or whole fat cheese with sugar.
this is why bodybuilders eat lean protein with white rice. Very low fat diets when people use exogenous insulin. the body is the same.

Carrum

I've found that I'll often get reflux if I have fruit or fruit juice after meat. Not a problem if I have fruit or juice before the meat.

Protein as the first bite always. It sends the initial signal to prepare an acidic environment.

Regardless of this, I agree with @james2388. Putting the foods together is the biggest importance.

Unless you have a fungal or SIBO problem in your small intestine... In which case protein and sugar at the same time just slows digestion which leaves more time for both food products to contribute to existing problematic terrain.