Sugar Intake Reveal All

Logic dictates that 7000 calories requires 7000 calorie worth of minerals and vitamins. Anything substantially short of that is abnormal and misbalanced. But honestly, I don’t think anyone here eats a kilo of table sugar per day, so it’s a pretty moot debate.

TripleOG

Adding potato juice to the diet always seemed like a good idea for those ingesting high amounts of cane sugar.

...assuming the juice contains most of the potato's nutrient profile.

Reaper242xx

That's not unreasonable IMO. I add dissolved sugar in the form of homemade syrup to my milk. About a tbsp or two, so if I have 4 or 5 glasses of milk I can easily reach and breach a 1/2 cup of sugar daily. I just think it's important to get plenty of minerals like potassium and magnesium to help with the sugar intake, which is why fruits are superior to sugar.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

A kilo of sugar is 4000 calories, I eat 250 grams which is 1000 calories, less than a third of my daily caloric intake. I don't work from home so I don't have access to oranges all the time and everyone knows that home made oj needs to be consumed immediately otherwise it tastes bad, if I start to have some issues I will address it on my own as always.

I did write in the op that I'm aware of the mineral imbalance concerns, I was interested to see if other people did well with liberal cane sugar intakes because mostly I see this kind of mineral concern when it comes to sugar consumption. its interesting because cane sugar seems to be the most taboo thing to consume in the culture today and is visible even on this forum. I think its more taboo than smoking tobacco.

Lynne

Reason is it is has a poor solubility in milk at least in the amounts I would like to add. Stirring 4 glasses over over and still having some residual sugar at bottom of the glass is annoying at best.

I'm using caster sugar for better solubility and, while better than regular sugar, I find even that doesn't dissolve completely. I'm thinking of trying a pure icing sugar (starch-free pure powdered cane sugar). Does anyone know any reason why this would not be a good idea (processing methods, etc).

B

Braveheart

Hey Benyamin...just watched a nice little movie ..."Last Cab to Darwin"...you are a taxi driver, no? Actually I have a few good movies from Australia...almost immigrated there in my 20's.

Lynne

Hey Benyamin...just watched a nice little movie ..."Last Cab to Darwin"...you are a taxi driver, no? Actually I have a few good movies from Australia...almost immigrated there in my 20's.

If you want another nice little Australian rural-setting movie, check out Love Serenade. It won a Camera d'or in Canne in 1996 and is one of my top 3 Australian films. It's very off-beat/quirky though so you gotta be up for that. I have a bunch more recs if you want any, bzmazu :)

nwo2012

I'm using caster sugar for better solubility and, while better than regular sugar, I find even that doesn't dissolve completely. I'm thinking of trying a pure icing sugar (starch-free pure powdered cane sugar). Does anyone know any reason why this would not be a good idea (processing methods, etc).

You are better of with a herb grinder, will turn sugar into icing sugar in no time. For us its just more convenient with the syrup. Plus these pesky Ozzy ants love the little granules, they invade the house.
Bottled syrup is safer. ;-)

Lynne

You are better of with a herb grinder, will turn sugar into icing sugar in no time. For us its just more convenient with the syrup. Plus these pesky Ozzy ants love the little granules, they invade the house.
Bottled syrup is safer. ;-)

Good idea, thanks :) I'll try the icing sugar for convenience when travelling
I know what you mean about the Ozzy ants, they used to drive my mother insane :D I currently live on the 4th floor tho and they're not that deperate, lol.

Mary Pruter

Oi mate, I don't see many people writing about big intakes of cane sugar, are you as liberal as me with cane sugar intake? I eat about a cup per day (250grams), works great for me, who else is doing some of these numbers?

I think Soren Kierkegaard was onto something.

"Delightedly he seized hold of the bag containing the sugar and poured sugar into the coffee cup until it was piled up above the rim. Next came the incredibly strong, black coffee, which slowly dissolved the white pyramid.” Then he gulped the whole thing down in one go."

Granted the rock I live under has some carvings about mineral imbalances.
Are you diabetic? I am horrible on sugar! I now only take honey. I do believe my kidneys are failing for all the sugar I was told to have!

Dennis

@paymanz I dissolve it in milk or orange juice. I’ll put 4 tablespoons of sugar in a glass of milk with some salt. I’ll do the same with oj sans salt. I like Mexican coke a lot too so I get A decent amount of white sugar from there too. And total caloric intake is 6,000-7,000 last time I checked

ilikecats, can you please mention the brand of sugar? As always the brand matter, each may have their own manufacturing process and may have undesirable additives.

ilikecats, can you please mention the brand of sugar? As always the brand matter, each may have their own manufacturing process and may have undesirable additives.

Actually with table sugar it shouldn’t matter at all.

It’s a different story with the powdered sugar that may often does contain starch or emulsifiers.

B

Braveheart

If you want another nice little Australian rural-setting movie, check out Love Serenade. It won a Camera d'or in Canne in 1996 and is one of my top 3 Australian films. It's very off-beat/quirky though so you gotta be up for that. I have a bunch more recs if you want any, bzmazu :)
Thanks Lynne...I will try to find...hard to get here in BZ...but there is something I like about Australian movies, for sure...

OP
Herbie

Herbie

Lol I haven’t seen it but know of it, I’ve defently seen taxi driver with Denero. Yes currently driving a taxi.

The film the castle is pretty funny (lame)

Pricilla queen of the desert is pretty funny (drag queens)

Crocodile Dundee is pretty funny.

Rabbit proof fence is good.

Two hands with heath ledger is pretty good.

Chopper is good.

Last edited:

T-3

Hi Benyamin, yes, I'm feeling fantastic on variable but generally large amounts of sugar that could exceed 1/2 a kilo on sugar-heavy days. I notice mild cravings for potassium-rich foods from time to time when eating like this and supplement with magnesium wile drinking lots of milk. I was happy to see your post. I too want to know more about how to manage mineral balance while continuing to feel metabolically transformed -- dramatically for the better -- on high-sugar, low fat/low PUFA + lots of fruit/milk and some protein and starch.

Thanks for the Kierkegaard and Balzac. Great stuff!
Oi mate, I don't see many people writing about big intakes of cane sugar, are you as liberal as me with cane sugar intake? I eat about a cup per day (250grams), works great for me, who else is doing some of these numbers?

I think Soren Kierkegaard was onto something.

"Delightedly he seized hold of the bag containing the sugar and poured sugar into the coffee cup until it was piled up above the rim. Next came the incredibly strong, black coffee, which slowly dissolved the white pyramid.” Then he gulped the whole thing down in one go."

Granted the rock I live under has some carvings about mineral imbalances.

T-3

@Benyamin Bulluc

Would you think about adding a poll to this thread, to see how much sugar forum members consume in a day?

A Gallon Of Orange Juice? (Ray Peat's Daily Sugar Intake)
Yes. I'd participate in the poll and would be very interested in the results. What I'd really like to see is a non-anonymous poll so we could see usernames and their average daily sugar consumption (apart from fruit, juice, milk, etc.). For context, it would be nice to see macronutrient distributions, too. If non-anonymous polling feels like a privacy issue, maybe the poll could be constructed with an opt-out box to anonymize for anyone who wants to remain anonymous. That's probably a lot of work, though, to construct a dietary poll with all those features. Any thoughts or interest in developing a dietary poll that includes meaningful contextual information about each participant's diet, current metabolic condition (perhaps with general health issues tagged) and current self-described point on their respective regenerative paths toward achieving vitality, @charlie :)???

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom