Sugar, Dairy & Metabolic Health W/ Danny Roddy

OP
Inaut

Inaut

I don't think DR does much exercise. Georgi did in the past from what I understand so he may have accumulated more mass in his younger days. Just a thought

lampofred

DR doesn't seem that healthy to me. He's influenced by RP so much that it's like he has no personality or thoughts of his own, which suggests to me that he's not really producing that much energy. Plus he exhibits physical signs of low energy, the way he talks, body language, etc.

cyclops

I think Danny looks fine, pretty healthy. He's a good looking kid, just got a bit of a lisp. Probably a little something odd around the mouth area. But whatever, we all got something a bit off about us if you look close enough.

LUH 3417

DR doesn't seem that healthy to me. He's influenced by RP so much that it's like he has no personality or thoughts of his own, which suggests to me that he's not really producing that much energy. Plus he exhibits physical signs of low energy, the way he talks, body language, etc.
I noticed this too..it’s almost as if he tries to imitate Rays pauses or stammers or Umms. He also says like every few words.

lampofred

I noticed this too..it’s almost as if he tries to imitate Rays pauses or stammers or Umms. He also says like every few words.

Yeah. Nothing wrong with repeating Dr. Peat's ideas, since he is so brilliant that if you diverge from him you are more than likely wrong... But if you are emulating him so much that your mannerisms and writing style are exactly like his, then you're probably operating from the low energy, language-driven mind as opposed to the high energy, artistic mind.

bumtrash

Long time first time here. I don't know, I think some of yall are off on this one. I don't see anything visually unhealthy about Danny in more recent vids. Hair looks good, skin looks good, and if anything his face looks a little fuller than in older videos. Obviously I don't know his whole situation but it seems like it could be kind of lonely there in Mexico. When I don't talk and interact with people for a few days I have a similar kind of nervous energy that he sometimes has on the livestreams. Also, I imagine putting yourself out there on the minefield that is youtube is probably stressful. I think we all subconsciously adopt mannerisms and speech from people we spend a lot of time with or in some cases, people we listen to frequently. Parents, friends, etc...

LUH 3417

Long time first time here. I don't know, I think some of yall are off on this one. I don't see anything visually unhealthy about Danny in more recent vids. Hair looks good, skin looks good, and if anything his face looks a little fuller than in older videos. Obviously I don't know his whole situation but it seems like it could be kind of lonely there in Mexico. When I don't talk and interact with people for a few days I have a similar kind of nervous energy that he sometimes has on the livestreams. Also, I imagine putting yourself out there on the minefield that is youtube is probably stressful. I think we all subconsciously adopt mannerisms and speech from people we spend a lot of time with or in some cases, people we listen to frequently. Parents, friends, etc...
He looks okay health. You can’t tell how sparkly his eyes are. I hate to sound like a hater but people constantly talk about how haidut does not look healthy or is fat or whatever. But realistically to me haidut comes across as more vibrant and energetic in a way. The way he speaks has a sort of spontaneity and his voice carries authenticity. DR voice is kind of like its coming. From his stomach or chest rather than from the depths of his pelvis.

Herbie

About Dannys amition or perceived lack thereof .. he writes books, quit his job he didn’t enjoy, moved country, interviews his mentor, constantly learning and coming up with new theories, interviewing new people, coaching people, he will continue to build on his foundation for a long time to come at a steady pace.

I think its unsavory to talk about him like this as he does read the forum. I dont know if its older generation giving him a hard time or same age.

Arnold Grape

Why, though? If DR’s association with RP is one obsessed with keeping hair, which is in his (DR’s) estimation a marker of health, then why is it strange to make other observations about one’s appearance?

My whole thing is that DR has been at this for presumably a lot longer than many people on this forum: there is probably no approach talked about here that he hasn’t tried or has some experience with. That makes him some type of weird, alien torch holder of an experimental lifestyle that not many people would have the will to actually carry out. So obviously people are paying attention to him.

When I deploy a lot of these same approaches (e.g. No starch; high aspirin, fifteen coffees a day, etc.), I begin to experience neg symptoms. In a point of fact kind of way, I begin to resemble DR.

To take what you said in the comment above to its logical conclusion, I think it would be kind of awesome is if DR determined that he was going to say eff it regarding the whole hair angle and decided that RP lifestyle has benefited him way more than his own vanity. (I think this is probably true.) I also think that DR knows none of this is meant to be disparaging: we love you, Danny!

Jem Oz

I think DR has done a lot of good for a lot of people, and I greatly enjoy his interviews with Georgi. However I would also agree with the posters who intimated that he's trying too hard to emulate RP. I've long suspected it. In my on/off email correspondence with him, I found him to be vague and withholding to an insane degree, as if he was trying too hard to be enigmatic. I imagine there's some deep-seated 'father issues' with DR (join the club!), and RP has filled some kind of void in him. I think the constant stuttering and stretched out speaking is indicative of this too, although it might also just be nerves. As well as the moving to Mexico.

It only makes him human, although it would be good for his own development if he could come to recognize these things in time and move beyond them. In the meantime, I'll go on benefiting from his top-shelf research and interviews.

PS I also think it's amazing how much his appearance has changed. He is clearly a lot more feminine looking, although I'd still say he's a good looking chap.

Francisco

I think he’s great at disseminating RP’s massive amount of research and making it easy to digest.
I don’t know why so many people on this forum are so nitpicky about really minute things, like the way Danny talks.

ExCarniv

DR is +40yo right?

Full of hair, youthful face, thin, most mans of his age are fat, bald or shedding, face full of wrinkles and looking like 55yo.

boris

Danny Roddy is 40? I thought he was like 26.

I did notice his stutter similar to Peat's. Could be mirror neurons at play, we adopt these types of mannerisms automatically.

Jem Oz

Upon reflection part of my earlier comment was too harsh. And frankly a bit troll-like. Gives me pause. I stand by the good aspects - DR has done a huge amount of legwork and helped a lot of people, including myself.

I think a part of the reason I baulked at the whole consulting thing was I didn't want to fall into the trap of being the perennial student who knows nothing, going to the wise sage who knows everything. It's not so much about the sage as it as about me not backing myself or exercising enough self-agency. (I think round these parts they call it "learned helplessness"). Something I'm becoming more and more aware of in my life.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals