Sugar and Testosterone Levels

Green Dot

The study, published in the journal Clinical Endocrinology, shows that 75g of sugar intake causes a 25 per cent drop in testosterone levels for up to two hours after consumption. In order to investigate the physiological impact of glucose on testosterone levels, researchers randomized 74 men from 19 to 74 years of age.

Thoughts on this?

equipoise

"The research findings suggest that glucose intake induces an important reduction in total testosterone levels in men, which appears to be similar across the spectrum of glucose tolerance responses."

There it is folks, it has been confirmed Ray has been purposely trying to feminize us.
First P4, now this. Plus with all the studies showing so much estrogen in the milk. Dammit!

Havde

I rememember reading about this fenomenon at anabolicmen.com a few years ago.
1. Testosterone always lowers after you eat something.
2. Just because it is measured lower doesn't mean that it isn't there, it's just being used in a more favorable location.

OP
Green Dot

Green Dot

I rememember reading about this fenomenon at anabolicmen.com a few years ago.
1. Testosterone always lowers after you eat something.
2. Just because it is measured lower doesn't mean that it isn't there, it's just being used in a more favorable location.
Interesting.
it's just being used in a more favorable location.
Elaborate?

Havde

Interesting.

Elaborate?
For example, if you eat after exercise it lowers testosterone by making the testosterone get transported into the muscles to help repair the damage.
It's probably something related to that if you havn't exercised prior.

Inaut

I'm becoming more androgenic by the day and I've also increased sugar consumption recently. Not sure about my actual testosterone levels but muscles are getting firmer and I'm starting to lean out. I consider that a good sign...

OP
Green Dot

Green Dot

I'm becoming more androgenic by the day and I've also increased sugar consumption recently. Not sure about my actual testosterone levels but muscles are getting firmer and I'm starting to lean out. I consider that a good sign...
How many grams of sugar would you say you consume daily?

Inaut

How many grams of sugar would you say you consume daily?
I don’t really know tbh. I don’t measure anything now. I have about 3 tablespoons a day of white sugar mixed in with fruit juices and gelatin though

supercoolguy

"The research findings suggest that glucose intake induces an important reduction in total testosterone levels in men, which appears to be similar across the spectrum of glucose tolerance responses."

There it is folks, it has been confirmed Ray has been purposely trying to feminize us.
First P4, now this. Plus with all the studies showing so much estrogen in the milk. Dammit!
RP just last month answered a listener Question about how to keep Test up. Consume sugars, Ripe Fruit.

I presume since it keeps cholesterol production up, Test levels are a downstream effect.

Fenrir67

this is anecdotal evidence you cannot judge if testotsterone up with feeling only and what is the point of consuming sugar or fruit juice if you losing all the precious nutrients from real food ?

equipoise

this is anecdotal evidence you cannot judge if testotsterone up with feeling only and what is the point of consuming sugar or fruit juice if you losing all the precious nutrients from real food ?
the whole point of juicing fruit is to avoid the fiber. easier on the gut.

Hans

Forum Supporter
The study, published in the journal Clinical Endocrinology, shows that 75g of sugar intake causes a 25 per cent drop in testosterone levels for up to two hours after consumption. In order to investigate the physiological impact of glucose on testosterone levels, researchers randomized 74 men from 19 to 74 years of age.

Thoughts on this?
As @Havde said, carbs, in general, displaces testosterone from albumin and SHBG, and enhances its uptake into tissue, giving the illusion T dropped. T synthesis didn't drop, but uptake increased. As a side note, the whole testosterone cascade starting in the hypothalamus (GnRH release) and ending in the testes is all dependent on glucose oxidation.

AndrogenicJB

As @Havde said, carbs, in general, displaces testosterone from albumin and SHBG, and enhances its uptake into tissue, giving the illusion T dropped. T synthesis didn't drop, but uptake increased. As a side note, the whole testosterone cascade starting in the hypothalamus (GnRH release) and ending in the testes is all dependent on glucose oxidation.
Is that with all carbs, including grains, is sugar ok? Also do you know why teeth get worse with sugar consumption and how to stop it

Hans

Forum Supporter
Is that with all carbs, including grains, is sugar ok? Also do you know why teeth get worse with sugar consumption and how to stop it
Yes all carbs should have that effect, but obviously, if a certain food causes inflammation in the body, then it's not going to be good for your testosterone.
Dry mouth and bad oral bacteria can cause cavities. Honey has anti-cavity effects since it's anti-bacterial. Oil pulling might also help.

AndrogenicJB

Yes all carbs should have that effect, but obviously, if a certain food causes inflammation in the body, then it's not going to be good for your testosterone.
Dry mouth and bad oral bacteria can cause cavities. Honey has anti-cavity effects since it's anti-bacterial. Oil pulling might also help.
How do you prevent dry mouth and bad oral bacteria in the first place

Hans

Forum Supporter
How do you prevent dry mouth and bad oral bacteria in the first place
Histamine and acetylcholine promote the secretion of saliva. Thyroid boosts acetylcholine and a high zinc to copper ratio allows for higher histamine. Overmethylation can lower histamine too much, so a little niacinamide and glycine can help if that's the case.
I think bad oral bacteria is a result of inflammation and low energy production in the body. The body is supposed to keep bacteria in check, but inflammation can cause dysbiosis. So fixing the inflammation is key.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals