SUGAR AND PROTEIN IN CALORIC DEFICIT

andrei

Hey guys! I'd like to share an observation I'm experiencing.

I am in a slight caloric deficit, losing fat slowly. I lost 9 kg so far in 10 weeks or so. My body fat is at 12% now.
I am experiencing something contradictory to popular fitness advice.

The thesis is that in a caloric deficit, we must eat extra protein to preserve muscle mass. So that would be at least 2g/kg. I do the opposite though. I have only 2300 calories to work with. And to me the most abundant macro is sugar. I have only about 110 grams of protein, 30 grams of fat and the rest sugar (milk, OJ, honey and white sugar).

I noticed that if I trade-off some sugar for extra protein, I sleep worse. I also feel satiated with sugar. Any explanation to this? I am not losing muscle on such "low protein in a deficit".

What is your experience with caloric deficit?

OP
A

andrei

I do bodyweight training. I am experimenting along the way with the protein intake.

My intuition is not telling me to increase it a lot. I feel satiated from protein at around 100-110 grams.

Let Go

Carbs are protein sparing. This has been my experience also. Whenever I'm in a calorie deficit I keep my carbs up and lift, works for me but everyone is different.

OP
A

andrei

@Let Go What is protein sparing?

And how low do u keep the protein, relative to carbs?

OP
A

andrei

@Let Go Thank you! So in a deficit you're at around 80 grams? I think I would feel that too low. But I might try a few days.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals