Suddenly getting acne for the first time

Curt :-)

Hey all :): hope you're all well!
So Im about 8 months in and I'm suddenly getting acne on my face.
Diet is pretty much milk, cheese, coffee, coke, and a bit of meat, rice and fruit.
Diet hasn't really changed since I started Peating. Digestion and elimination is much better than it was initially, and other health markers such as sleep quality have all improved. I'm not taking any supplements at the moment.

Any idea what's going on? Do I need vitamin A or zinc or something?

Thanks for your help!!

ballomar

How many calories are you eating? I've noticed I start getting spots after I've been undereating for a while.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Curt :-) said:
Hey all :): hope you're all well!
So Im about 8 months in and I'm suddenly getting acne on my face.
Diet is pretty much milk, cheese, coffee, coke, and a bit of meat, rice and fruit.
Diet hasn't really changed since I started Peating. Digestion and elimination is much better than it was initially, and other health markers such as sleep quality have all improved. I'm not taking any supplements at the moment.

Any idea what's going on? Do I need vitamin A or zinc or something?

Thanks for your help!!
I'm thinking maybe adding oysters or shrimp could help. I prefer the taste of shrimp but I can tell that oysters have something(I'm thinking a good supply of zinc) that my body really likes! I had these two chronic blemishes that I obtained while on paleo that finally resolved (within a week) when I added in oysters. I'm not sure if it will be the same for you but I just thought I'd share that experience.

OP
C

Curt :-)

Thanks for your responses.
After posting I bought some zinc citrate (not sure wether thats a good form but thats all they had), started taking 60mg daily. Not a single pimple since!
I'm not sure wether I'm under eating; I eat all day, but i think total calories would not really be that high. I've never counted.
Is there anything wrong with the zinc citrate at this dose? I might just stay on it if it continues to work.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals