Suddenly Breathing Through My Mouth, Especially During Sleep

OP
J

julcreutz

interesting.what did you eat?Did the libido got better with RP diet,what were the signs of dehydration?Maybe it came from the high salt?

I did regular keto for about 3 or 4 months. Lots of green vegetables, eggs and meats.
Then I did a zero-carb carnivore diet for about 9 months. Most of that time, it was a high-fat moderate-protein diet. (80% of calories from fat AT LEAST, usually more).
I spent 3 months without salt completely and my dehydration was even worse without salt. Like to the point where my hair fell out.
My libido got better with adding back carbs in yes.
Dehydration signs were darker urine, muscle fatigue, dry skin, orthostatic hypotension

I did regular keto for about 3 or 4 months. Lots of green vegetables, eggs and meats.
Then I did a zero-carb carnivore diet for about 9 months. Most of that time, it was a high-fat moderate-protein diet. (80% of calories from fat AT LEAST, usually more).
I spent 3 months without salt completely and my dehydration was even worse without salt. Like to the point where my hair fell out.
My libido got better with adding back carbs in yes.
Dehydration signs were darker urine, muscle fatigue, dry skin, orthostatic hypotension

what got better,what got worse with doing RP diet?

What does he say,cant watch atm.

I did set a placeholder, if you look at about 1:09 you will see. Takes 2 minutes. He of course stresses the damage of keto and stress hormones etc, I'm sure it may not affect your decision but it might help folks who still think keto is a good idea.

I did set a placeholder, if you look at about 1:09 you will see. Takes 2 minutes. He of course stresses the damage of keto and stress hormones etc, I'm sure it may not affect your decision but it might help folks who still think keto is a good idea.

Thank you. i searched the forum via google and came across cites from Peat also.

jet9

I'm coming from a zero-carb carnivore diet. Only ruminants and high fat. About 9 months.

Since eating carbs again (for me mainly peeled white potatoes) and certain other foods (like high quality olive oil), I noticed that I'm breathing more through my mouth and my seasonal allergies are back again.

Is this a good or a bad sign? An allergy to any of the food I eat? I notice the mouth breathing immediatly after waking up. It's that disgusting feeling you have in your mouth.

I'm kind of desperate because a lot of stuff improved after eating carbs again, but some things also got worse, like the breathing and allergies.
were you able to solve the issues with mouth breathing when adding carbs/potatoes ?

Ableton

I had the same in a period of high adrenaline

mouthtape at night
Nasal douche
Mewing
Some form of exercise, but not before bed
Reduce psychological stressors if you have any

eventually it stopped for me, but I also had polyps removed which helps

OP
J

julcreutz

were you able to solve the issues with mouth breathing when adding carbs/potatoes ?

Hey, sorry for the late response!
Yes, I figured it out. It wasnt the carbs, but the white potatoes. I definitely have immune response to them. I swapped them with sweet potates and my red skin, allergies and mouth breathing went away.

jet9

Hey, sorry for the late response!
Yes, I figured it out. It wasnt the carbs, but the white potatoes. I definitely have immune response to them. I swapped them with sweet potates and my red skin, allergies and mouth breathing went away.
I see, do you eat fruit? Or mostly sweet potatoes?

OP
J

julcreutz

I see, do you eat fruit? Or mostly sweet potatoes?

Most of my carbohydrate calories do come from sweet potatoes (I cook them really well, they're like puree; eaten without skin). I do eat some fruit, I especially like watermelon. I just dislike the lack of calories for the volume of food consumed. I always notice fruits make my bowels move, so that's a positive for me. Same with the carrot. I eat raw carrots everyday. Makes my temps go up immediatly.
I also eat a lot of muscle meat (beef and lean fish), which makes me feel good and increases my sex drive and libido. I tried reducing muscle meats, but I always crave them like crazy and my temps go down when I don't eat enough meat. I currently eat about 800-1000g of muscle meat a day (beef and fish combined that is). Thus, the fat content of the meals varies. I usually don't combine beef and fish, so it's either a pretty lean meal or a mixed macro meal (fat coming fully from the beef).
Carbs are probably at around 300g+, fat usually about 100 I'd say.

D

danishispsychic

serrapeptase helped me nose breath again. i have a deviated septum