Sudden Nose Run After Drinking

cats

Sometimes after I've ingested a large amount of liquid (maybe 1 litre) in the span of a few minutes, my nose will suddenly run profusely for about a minute, then stop very quickly. This also occasionally happens just before defecation. Any ideas about what might be happening here?

tara

Don't know, but here's a guess: too much cold liquid in too short a time? Maybe try spacing it out - eg no more than 200 ml in 1/2 hr? And/or if it's very cold, warming it it up a little?
I often add just a little bit of boiling water to juice out of the fridge to take the chill off.

OP
C

cats

It happens with room-temperature liquids as well.

I should add that for a couple years now I've been getting pain in my digestive tract within a couple hours of lying down to sleep. This pain begins to subside fairly quickly upon sitting up, accompanied by a lot of gurgling noises and the feeling of liquid moving around in my stomach or upper intestine. Drinking water causes most of the pain to disappear within a couple minutes. I'm thinking that the nose-running might be a clue as to what's going on.

tara

Whatever the temperature, 1l of liquid is a lot at one time if one is not robust/dehydrated/sweating buckets. Can trigger some stress response, maybe including histamine?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals