Sucrose Sweetened Fat Free Low Liquid Options

nomoreketones

Looking for a low liquid form of sucrose that is easy to eat (trying to avoid HFCS). Empty calories is what I'm looking for in this thread.

Right now my go to to add empty calories is Sierra Mist soda but it has too much liquid. If I want a quick easily digestible 300 calories of sugar that will be 30 fluid ounces.

Here is what I'm looking for:
  • Around 300 quick calories of sucrose
  • Low or no liquid
  • Low or no protein
  • Low or no fat
  • No preparation required
  • Available in a supermarket
  • Easy to eat
Any ideas?

tara

Honey?
Confectionary isle?

OP
N

nomoreketones

I didn't think of eating straight honey. 300 calories would be almost 2 TBSP of honey. Maybe that is doable when I need some calories and have no time for food prep.

Anyone have a favorite selection from the confectionary isle that doesn't have any ingredients that Ray Peat is against and is low fat?

Two tablespoons of honey would be around 120kcal.

That would give me heartburn for hours :nailbiting:

OP
N

nomoreketones

Maybe honey is not a good option.

Right now my go to option solid food option is a Cliff bar. But cliff bars have 1.5 to 2 grams of PUFA and lots of soy. I'm desperate to find a replacement.

OP
N

nomoreketones

I'm thinking Honey spread on rice cakes is the way to go. Rice cakes alone don't have enough calories to be useful. But I can bump up the calories a lot by spreading lots of honey on top.

This will give me 0 PUFA!!! Much lower than cliff bars!!!

If I buy the thicker honey spread I can make rice cake/honey sandwiches and pack them up when I'm on the road. I can was them down with black coffee. :yum:

DaveFoster

Every person I see who eats Cliff Bars is either overweight or anxious, or both.

I'd avoid them forever.

DaveFoster

Apart from durian rider and his girlfriend
Durian Rider and Freelee are professional cyclists. They could eat Cheetos all day and stay lean.

I'm thinking Honey spread on rice cakes is the way to go. Rice cakes alone don't have enough calories to be useful. But I can bump up the calories a lot by spreading lots of honey on top.

If I buy the thicker honey spread I can make rice cake/honey sandwiches and pack them up when I'm on the road. I can was them down with black coffee. :yum:

That will destroy your teeth...

OP
N

nomoreketones

The acidity of honey ranges from a pH of about 3.4 to about 6.1, with an average of 3.9. A typical higher-acid breakfast blend coffee might land somewhere around 4.7.

This study indicates that honey is better for avoid tooth decay than sucrose.
Effect of honey in preventing gingivitis and dental caries in patients undergoing orthodontic treatment
Honey can be used as an alternative to traditional remedies for the prevention of dental caries and gingivitis following orthodontic treatment.

jaywills

To follow on the Jam suggestion above - also try conserve. Ingredients: fruit (Strawberry/cherry etc), cane sugar