Succinic Acid Promotes Hypertrophy

Hans

Forum Supporter
Building new muscle is very energy intensive process and optimizing ATP will speed up the process.

Here is an in vivo study, in mice though, that show that succinic acid promoted hypertrophy and inhibited protein breakdown.

"In this paper, we firstly identified that succinate could significantly promote protein synthesis in vitroand in vivo, accompanished with activation of Akt/mTOR/S6 cascade and inhibition of FoxO3a."

"Succinate is the endogenous ligand for GPR91, which mediated the effect of succinate on muscle hypertrophy (24), protein deposition (25) and metabolism regulation (26). Both the mRNA and protein level of GPR91 are ubiquitously expressed in many tissues, including skeletal muscle (27), which indicates this receptor and its downstream signaling pathway might be involved in succinate induced skeletal hypertrophy. Once activated by succinate, GPR91 recruited Gαiprotein to inhibit cAMP production and increase intracellular Ca2+ (17). "

"It has been reported activation of GPR91 triggered [Ca2+]i elevation and subsequently, the activation of Erk (33)."

"In conclusion, our study demonstrated that succinate promoted skeletal muscle protein synthesis through Erk/Akt signaling pathway."

The dose was rather high, 150mg/kg and 300mg/kg, which would be 10.7mg/kg and 21.4mg/kg for humans. The big dose was more effective than the smaller dose.

Other agents that can increase ATP are pentadecanoic acid, inosine, ribose, magnesium, B1, B2, B3, fructose, methylene blue and palmitic acid just to name a few.

LiveWire

Thanks Hans, I like your posts.

How would a regular guy who does weights twice a week apply this? Where do I get the acid and is it worth it to try? Any negative side effects like my balls falling off or a sudden compulsion to vote in the European parliament elections?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hey man, thanks. I'd use it as a pre-workout if I has trouble with energy, but mostly post-workout to promote ATP which can then be used for MPS.

Cardenosine contains succinic acid and other people have also used pure succinic acid with success. I'd say it's worth experimenting with.

I'm pretty sure it won't make you do crazy stuff or have crazy side effects like you mentioned.

Just also eat a solid diet first and then add supplements to amplify things.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I saw that study too man. Thanks for explaining as well. Have you personally used Cardenosine ?
I have not, but I do plan on trying it.

ShotTrue

Building new muscle is very energy intensive process and optimizing ATP will speed up the process.

Here is an in vivo study, in mice though, that show that succinic acid promoted hypertrophy and inhibited protein breakdown.

"In this paper, we firstly identified that succinate could significantly promote protein synthesis in vitroand in vivo, accompanished with activation of Akt/mTOR/S6 cascade and inhibition of FoxO3a."

"Succinate is the endogenous ligand for GPR91, which mediated the effect of succinate on muscle hypertrophy (24), protein deposition (25) and metabolism regulation (26). Both the mRNA and protein level of GPR91 are ubiquitously expressed in many tissues, including skeletal muscle (27), which indicates this receptor and its downstream signaling pathway might be involved in succinate induced skeletal hypertrophy. Once activated by succinate, GPR91 recruited Gαiprotein to inhibit cAMP production and increase intracellular Ca2+ (17). "

"It has been reported activation of GPR91 triggered [Ca2+]i elevation and subsequently, the activation of Erk (33)."

"In conclusion, our study demonstrated that succinate promoted skeletal muscle protein synthesis through Erk/Akt signaling pathway."

The dose was rather high, 150mg/kg and 300mg/kg, which would be 10.7mg/kg and 21.4mg/kg for humans. The big dose was more effective than the smaller dose.

Other agents that can increase ATP are pentadecanoic acid, inosine, ribose, magnesium, B1, B2, B3, fructose, methylene blue and palmitic acid just to name a few.
Creatine increases ATP

LiveWire

Creatine post workout? Isn’t it most effective when its blood levels are constantly elevated? Emphasis on constantly. Hence the need for regular daily intake.

I just skipped it for a month, now getting back on it and I hate the idea of having to gulp 30 grams a day for the first 7 days, as the wise books say I must.

ShotTrue

Creatine post workout? Isn’t it most effective when its blood levels are constantly elevated? Emphasis on constantly. Hence the need for regular daily intake.

I just skipped it for a month, now getting back on it and I hate the idea of having to gulp 30 grams a day for the first 7 days, as the wise books say I must.
I don't think you need to front load. Also no reason to cycle off

LiveWire

How dare you all? The man may be of high age, but calling him ancient is just rude and condescending.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Same here. Also, where do you source Ancient Peat for ATP support?! I'd like to see if this has any marginal effect in isolation.
I have not bought any, just saw research on it. I have not searched intensively for a supplement in isolation yet but amazon might have some.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter

miki14

Bee pollen is high in pufa. I regularly ate pollen, loved the taste but made my skin look 20 years older. Worker bees eat mainly pollen and have a short lifespan. The bee queen eats mainly royal jelly, which is low in pufa and she has a much longer lifespan.

ShotTrue

Bee pollen is high in pufa. I regularly ate pollen, loved the taste but made my skin look 20 years older. Worker bees eat mainly pollen and have a short lifespan. The bee queen eats mainly royal jelly, which is low in pufa and she has a much longer lifespan.
What's in the royal jelly

Inaut

Atom Bergstrom had this to say about succinic acid when I asked him his thoughts.

"Succinic acid is about as New World Order as you can get.

It’s all about petrochemical and GMO profiting at the expense of We the People’s health and prosperity.

Succinic acid R&D is touted as “disruptive technology,” but I call it “disturbing technology.”

Know the Source and Follow the Money."

EchoTango

Atom Bergstrom had this to say about succinic acid when I asked him his thoughts.

"Succinic acid is about as New World Order as you can get.

It’s all about petrochemical and GMO profiting at the expense of We the People’s health and prosperity.

Succinic acid R&D is touted as “disruptive technology,” but I call it “disturbing technology.”

Know the Source and Follow the Money."
Succinic Acid Supplement thread an earlier comment of yours:

Inaut said:

I've been taking about 200mg of succinic acid twice a day for 3 weeks now. Gave up on the pills from Russia and started using Sigma Aldrich powder in capsules. I have to say that the fogginess I had while on the pills could have been either from the pills themselves or the chelating effect. Regardless though, I'm as cool as a cucumber when I take it. Really like how fluid I am.

Anybody else still messing with this? The historical usage of amber (supposedly electron in Greek) is quite extensive and I think there's something to it.
So from your experience would you recommend to avoid trying this in a certain form or altogether due to Bergstrom's vague reply - what are the actual sources?

What is R&D?

Clarity is helpful considering there is so much nebulousness surrounding succinic acid, especially in cultures where knowledge of its use is not as common.

Last edited:

Inaut

Succinic Acid Supplement thread an earlier comment of yours:

Inaut said:

So from your experience would you recommend to avoid trying this in a certain form or altogether due to Bergstrom's vague reply - what are the actual sources?

What is R&D?

Clarity is helpful considering there is so much nebulousness surrounding succinic acid, especially in cultures where knowledge of its use is not as common.
I wouldn’t say to avoid it, just make sure you get a good quality brand and cycle it (see how you feel while taking it of course).

Bergstrom says a lot of things I don’t really agree with but at the time, I posted his comments as a caution. I don’t know if it’s accurate because as I said in an earlier post, cultures have been using amber for hundreds of years.

EchoTango

I wouldn’t say to avoid it, just make sure you get a good quality brand and cycle it (see how you feel while taking it of course).

Bergstrom says a lot of things I don’t really agree with but at the time, I posted his comments as a caution. I don’t know if it’s accurate because as I said in an earlier post, cultures have been using amber for hundreds of years.

I'd like to research the history more and find a clean source in the proper form. About 6 months ago I bought plain succinic acid after reading here about it, but I never took it and forgot about it. Last night I dreamt I was in a huge archive and opened a drawer in a file cabinet, a document emerged reading "Amber" and in my head I kept hearing "succinic acid" on repeat when I woke up.

Having had mercury amalgams during the earlier half of my life, I thought it may be helpful.

Thanks for the word of caution and for posting about your experience.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals