Succinic Acid For Heavy Metal Detox

TeslaFan

Succinic Acid is a good supplement, but careful with metal detox. Heavy metals behave differently. Lead does not detox the same way as Mercury, for example. The safest thing is to increase protein intake. Otherwise, one can seriously harm him/herself using specialty supplements without adequate knowledge. Metals do most damage when moved around. To give you an idea of heavy metal complexity, it took someone with a Ph.D. in Chemistry years of research to just figure out proper mercury detox.

moringa

Succinic Acid is a good supplement, but careful with metal detox. Heavy metals behave differently. Lead does not detox the same way as Mercury, for example. The safest thing is to increase protein intake. Otherwise, one can seriously harm him/herself using specialty supplements without adequate knowledge. Metals do most damage when moved around. To give you an idea of heavy metal complexity, it took someone with a Ph.D. in Chemistry years of research to just figure out proper mercury detox.

how do you recommend chelating?

mujuro

Chelation: The Andy Cutler protocol « livingnetwork.co.za

This might help. It talks in brief about some of the things skominac mentioned. Andy Cutler is perhaps the most prominent figure in alternative health circles when it comes to mercury chelation. You can see on the product sister site that the doses of ALA go as low as 1mg, so it can prove to be a very delicate process. Dr. Chris Shade is another, but they take separate approaches to chelation. Both have studied mercury chelation for years. What they both emphasize is 1) chelation needs to be long and slow, 2) never use supplements or chelators with single thiol groups (chlorella, cilantro) as these just mobilize the metals and displace them elsewhere, and 3) do not begin chelation until all sources of mercury have been removed (amalgams).

Last edited:

shepherdgirl

what @skominac said.
This from the Ray Peat email exchange on this forum (see resources) under Heavy Metals:
Milk, orange juice, and coffee safely accelerate the removal of heavy metals from the tissues. Everyone's body accumulates PUFA's, which progressively interfere with metabolism and raise TSH. Iron, as well as other heavy metals (except for copper) tends to accumulate. Drinking coffee also helps to shift the hormone balance in the right direction.

Raising the body temperature and using chelators can mobilize things, but it can increase the damage they do on the way out. The liver doesn't store toxins for more than a few hours, and coffee enemas are intended to intensely stimulate the liver. Oral coffee lets the caffeine circulate slowly, keeping everything moderately active, and with orange juice, the mobilized metals are kept from injuring things until they are excreted.

[Question: Does the body quickly or gradually get rid of DMPS or DMSA chelating agents? I have many people who nearly died when they took DMPS or DMSA. But, I should think that the body would eventually detox it. What do you think?] The idea of using it to remove metals is that it leaves the body rapidly. The damage produced by moving the metals around could be fairly permanent, but the chelator leaves very quickly. Environmental pollutants, food fats, and cosmetics are the things people should worry about accumulating in their tissues.

TeslaFan

how do you recommend chelating?
What @mujuro said. For Mercury specifically, Andy Cutler is pretty much an authority on the subject. He goes into great detail on how to do it in his book. A faster and easier read is "Getting the Mercury out" by Aine Ni Cheallaigh. She describes her experience in going through Cutler's protocol.

Luann

Chelation: The Andy Cutler protocol « livingnetwork.co.za

This might help. It talks in brief about some of the things skominac mentioned. Andy Cutler is perhaps the most prominent figure in alternative health circles when it comes to mercury chelation. You can see on the product sister site that the doses of ALA go as low as 1mg, so it can prove to be a very delicate process. Dr. Chris Shade is another, but they take separate approaches to chelation. Both have studied mercury chelation for years. What they both emphasize is 1) chelation needs to be long and slow, 2) never use supplements or chelators with single thiol groups (chlorella, cilantro) as these just mobilize the metals and displace them elsewhere, and 3) do not begin chelation until all sources of mercury have been removed (amalgams).

Cilantro is dangerous as a chelator? What about for someone who does not have a lot of mercury, just some iron to get rid of? This thread and @natedawggh report iron lowering with cilantro, that means the iron was not redistributed in the body

Ella

Forum Supporter
"Milk, orange juice, and coffee safely accelerate the removal of heavy metals from the tissues. Everyone's body accumulates PUFA's, which progressively interfere with metabolism and raise TSH. Iron, as well as other heavy metals (except for copper) tends to accumulate. Drinking coffee also helps to shift the hormone balance in the right direction."

Yes, with the right diet there is no need for dangerous chelators. I think Peat has put a lot of thought into the foods he recommends and they work beautifully if you are looking at ridding the body of toxic metals and environmental pollutants. In my book, he is way ahead of the crowd and probably poorer for it.

Iron chelation is simple, no need for blood draws. I have compared eating Peat style with blood draws. Blood draws can lead to anemia especially in people that are not utilising iron properly. Peat style - amazing results. The doctor that was doing the blood draws in comparison with my method was gobsmacked. He is seriously starting to doubt what he was taught in medical and apologised for his ignorance.

I thought eating liver (due to high iron content) with high ferritin levels was going to impede results, but having it in the diet actually worked like a charm. Liver has everything to make the magic happen.

"I have many people who nearly died when they took DMPS or DMSA."

It demonstrates that we are placing our trust in a bunch of bozos. I have been watching this industry for several decades, however not as long as Peat. I trust Peat because I have seen too many people used as guinea pigs for greed. Don't become a victim. No-one is going to make any money from promoting food, unless you happen to be a farmer or a greengrocer. Give your hard earned money to the people that feed us REAL FOOD and not bozos.

I have people come to me after they have undergone DMPS with their Integr. MDs at death door. Treating them is so ******* scary because they are in such a precarious and unstable state. Remember, chelation also removes nutritional minerals. I have never asked anyone to have their amalgams removed because of mercury. You are asking for trouble with extremely sick and toxic people. Body likes gentle - it's not some industrial machine that you treat with harsh chemicals. It is designed to detox itself with the right foods and good liver detoxification pathways.

I think the industry has learned the hard way and is the reason they are moving away from toxic chelators to a food/herb based approach before the lay public catches on and starts to sue. Peat's approach is by far superior to what anyone is doing out there. Yes. slower is better, though I have not found it to be slow by any means. Food is pretty ******* powerful, which is the reason I will not go near anything else. Remember, if you really care about helping others including yourself, then remember the pre-cautionary principle of "First Do No Harm".

mujuro

Cilantro is dangerous as a chelator? What about for someone who does not have a lot of mercury, just some iron to get rid of? This thread and @natedawggh report iron lowering with cilantro, that means the iron was not redistributed in the body

All I can say for certain is that according to Cutler, cilantro is a bad chelator for mercury and lead. These metals have significantly different electron orbitals to iron and thus interact differently with other elements. I guess that because of their unique reactivity, they are quite promiscuous when they encounter different compounds, and tend to hop from one to another. After all, neither lead or mercury have any metabolic role body. They bind far stronger to sulhydryl groups than even natural cofactors. They tend to interfere with glutathione synthesis when they bind to cysteine or glutamylcysteine complexes.

Ella

Forum Supporter
Lead will deposit in your bones instead of calcium if there isn't adequate calcium coming in from the diet to displace it. How many people are low in calcium these days?

Ella

Forum Supporter
How many people are sunshine deficient?? Along with K2, and other crucial minerals for bone??

Luann

@Ella @mujuro thanks very much for the answers!!
ella that's very inspiring that natural foods have so much power. after doing a low-iron diet for about a month now, it is likely that some detoxing has already taken place, probably

Ella

Forum Supporter
@Ella @mujuro thanks very much for the answers!!
ella that's very inspiring that natural foods have so much power. after doing a low-iron diet for about a month now, it is likely that some detoxing has already taken place, probably

If you are not using the iron properly then it will be stored as toxic iron. How many people are eating red meat yet have poor iron markers? If you are female, then having coffee with eggs and red meat will be problematic if still cycling. However, menopausal women are at the same risk as men in accumulating iron in tissue sites.

I get a little tired of people going on about mercury toxicity when our food supply, starting with baby formula, baby cereals and children's foods are fortified with iron. No-one seems to be ringing the alarm bells loud enough. I think Chris Kressler has addressed iron and kudos to him, but don't forget Peat was the very first, yet there is plenty available in the research literature if anyone cares to look. Obviously, Peat has been looking been for a long time. Peat is thinking deeply and multi-dimensionally unlike many. Don't forget milk if you don't have issues with it works nicely too.

Perhaps the reason people experience bad reactions to some of foods is because they don't quite understand their specific purpose. Peat concerns about foods and substances that irritate the gut lining are justified. It is not only about what is going into the body but also what is coming out. No need to place more nasties into our bodies when then is much that needs to come out. Slow is best.

Best of luck.

BibleBeliever

Anyone try succinic acid? Can you just buy succinic acid and combine it with magnesium or sodium and get the same effect?

Regina

Anyone try succinic acid? Can you just buy succinic acid and combine it with magnesium or sodium and get the same effect?
I bought this brand on amazon:
All Natural Supplements | Gluten Free Remedies
I have felt great while taking 2 capsules a day for a couple of weeks. But I had bloodwork a few days ago and iron came back super low. I am waiting still for the copper results and will post the complete results in the appropriate thread. I have stopped the succinic acid until I get a little feedback on my bloodwork.

moringa

I found this interesting post on another forum, my question is, how much cilantro seed(coriander) would equal 2 large bunches of cilantro/coriander greens?

''Hello. My daughter about 8 months ago was diagnosed with heavy mercury levels. She was so incapacitated that we thought it was Lyme Disease. From eating fish in Ventura County, California!! We used a formula that leached it out and within about 4 months her blood levels were normal again.

Recipe is as follows as given by a physician in Japan:
1 cup of Extra Virgin organic olive oil (first cold pressed)
2 large bunches of cilantro
8 large cloves of garlic

Puree in blender and take 3 teaspoons a day.
Leaches mercury and heavy metals. Must be careful, tho, if leach out to much too fast can shut down your kidneys and liver.

We found putting it on bread with a tiny bit of parmesan cheese and grilling it was yummy way to get your "medicine".''

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals