Substances which clear 'debris'? (halting degeneration)

YourUniverse

In his article on degeneration and regeneration, Ray is clear that aging causes cellular debris to be inadequately removed, and regeneration cannot take place until the debris is first cleared.

He lists t3, niacinamide, aspirin, vitamin E, low-fat (incidentally calorie-restricted) diets, glucose and saturated fatty acids as helpful. Progesterone causes brain size to increase (with estrogens, PUFAs, cortisone causing it to shrink).

Are there other substances that might be helpful? For example does cyproheptadine help with this?

Thanks

Peatful

TheSir

Substances can only get you so far. The immune system, the lymph system as well as everything else that is responsible for clearing out metabolic debris follow a list of metabolic priorities. Any one target won't get cleaned up until all higher priority targets have been cleaned up. And if any of those higher priority targets is a source of endless debris, or if the functioning of these systems themselves has been compromised -- both of which are the case in chronic sickness -- the debris in the lower priority targets will never get addressed and your body will forever remain stuck at that particular level of immuno-health. This explains for example why when you raise your co2 setpoint your issues begin to resolve in the reverse order in which they appeared, as the lowest priority targets will necessarily fail first and the higher priority targets later.

OP
Y

YourUniverse

@Cloudhands Hard for me to say, I think theoretically the lower the better but practically there are always hurdles. This is a quote from his article on regeneration & degeneration: "The great decline in proteolytic autophagy that occurs with aging (Del Roso, et al., 2003) can be reduced by inhibiting the release of fatty acids. This effect is additive to the antiaging effects of calorie restriction, suggesting that it is largely the decrease of dietary fats that makes calorie restriction effective (Donati, et al., 2004, 2008)."

@Peatful , thank you. I neglected that one. I figured the above article, and the one on protective CO2 would be good places to start, although, "The degenerative and inflammatory diseases can often be corrected by the use of gelatin-rich foods."

@TheSir , your comment made me investigate Ray's protective CO2 article, thank you very much.

@Pablo Cruise Does viagara not increase nitric oxide? This does not seem like something altogether health promoting

Julles

One 'big' debris is beta amyloid. The one who is pointed as the cause of alzheimher's because it accumulates in the brain and forms plaques.

External substances can be very helpful but nothing beats good deep sleep. Also slow deep breathing exercises before sleep.

I mean breathing clears things through the lungs, deep breathing even more. I have read somewhere that there is a correlation between breathing deepness and spinal fluid flow. And cerebrospinal fluid is what carries beta amyloid out.

Cerebrospinal Fluid Amyloid-β Levels are Increased in Patients with Insomnia

I am a completely different person when having good sleep, and am consistent doing deep breathing exercises. It is like being really young again.

I had to point that out, I just feel clean and nimble. Sorry for the off topic.

Obviously supplements that helps energy production and increase in metabolism will provide the benefits cited above and those have to be personally tried and tested.

Old Irenaeus

One 'big' debris is beta amyloid. The one who is pointed as the cause of alzheimher's because it accumulates in the brain and forms plaques.

External substances can be very helpful but nothing beats good deep sleep. Also slow deep breathing exercises before sleep.

I mean breathing clears things through the lungs, deep breathing even more. I have read somewhere that there is a correlation between breathing deepness and spinal fluid flow. And cerebrospinal fluid is what carries beta amyloid out.

I am a completely different person when having good sleep, and am consistent doing deep breathing exercises. It is like being really young again.

Obviously supplements that helps energy production and increase in metabolism will provide the benefits cited above and those have to be personally tried and tested.
What sort of breathing exercise do you do?

Julles

What sort of breathing exercise do you do?
Very slow, 1 breath per minute. 20 seconds inhale, 30 seconds exhale. Sometimes breath hold. Always to increase CO2, 5 to 10 minutes. And to use the belly muscles, in and out. Buteyko seems restrictive to me as the belly doesn't move much. I think there is one guy Simon who teaches yoga on YT that explains it very well.

David PS

In his article on degeneration and regeneration, Ray is clear that aging causes cellular debris to be inadequately removed, and regeneration cannot take place until the debris is first cleared.

He lists t3, niacinamide, aspirin, vitamin E, low-fat (incidentally calorie-restricted) diets, glucose and saturated fatty acids as helpful. Progesterone causes brain size to increase (with estrogens, PUFAs, cortisone causing it to shrink).

Are there other substances that might be helpful? For example does cyproheptadine help with this?

Thanks
From Ray's article, Serotonin: Effects in disease, aging and inflammation:

Besides avoiding foods containing fermentable fibers and starches that resist quick digestion, eating fibrous foods that contain antibacterial chemicals, such as bamboo shoots or raw carrots, helps to reduce endotoxin and serotonin. Activated charcoal can absorb many toxins, including bacterial endotoxin, so it is likely to reduce serotonin absorption from the intestine. Since it can also bind or destroy vitamins, it should be used only intermittently. Frolkis, et al. (1989, 1984) found that it extended median and average lifespan of rats, beginning in old age (28 months) by 43% and 34%, respectively, when given in large quantities (equivalent to about a cup per day for humans) for ten days of each month.

Old Irenaeus

Very slow, 1 breath per minute. 20 seconds inhale, 30 seconds exhale. Sometimes breath hold. Always to increase CO2, 5 to 10 minutes. And to use the belly muscles, in and out. Buteyko seems restrictive to me as the belly doesn't move much. I think there is one guy Simon who teaches yoga on YT that explains it very well.
Thanks.

Lollipop2

Great post! I agree with you - good deep sleep and deep breathing make me feel amazing as well. The difference in waking up after an excellent sleep versus a disturbed sleep is remarkable.

peatra

Fisetin per the Mayo clinic protocol is supposed to do this. Can't personally vouch for it but many are trying this.

Julles

Here is the guy:

Why to Breathe Less than Normal in Yoga: Advanced Prânâyâma by Simon Borg-Olivier​

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNmu99RuSqc

He seems healthy and seems to knows his stuff (physiology etc).

He is probably a vegetarian or something modernistic, so he could be much better good looking at that age.

EDIT:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CW647OvBHrC/

Last edited:
OP
Y

YourUniverse

Thanks for the responses, especially @Julles and @David PS since last bump.

We've moved forward with essentially the Kempner diet of juice, rice, and sugar, but with Ray's research at hand, incorporating oat bran, fat free milk, carrot, coffee, egg, gelatin and some seafood. Kempners simple diet, full of energy via carbohydrate, already established a means of regeneration, and as far as I can tell Ray's work simply makes it sustainable long term.

One of the hallmarks of the Kempner diet, aside from the obviously low fat, is the low protein. I wonder if this is a key consideration, as the cellular debris we need to clear away is in fact mostly protein, is it not?

David PS

One of the hallmarks of the Kempner diet, aside from the obviously low fat, is the low protein. I wonder if this is a key consideration, as the cellular debris we need to clear away is in fact mostly protein, is it not?

The Kempner diet may have long term negative consequences when practiced into old age. It might be best to lower your protein slowly. I have found that increasing my protein and calcium has been good for my bones. As always, it is best to monitor your body changes.

Last edited: