Stuffy Nose After Tropicana/generic Orange Juice?

OP
SOMO

SOMO

Look at the ingredients: they add ascorbic acid into the product.
Remember Ray's interview where he noted everyone that took synthetic Vitamin C got cold symptoms.

Checked the ingredients, no added Vitamin C.

I read that glyphosate is particularly high in Tropicana. Glyphosate Found in All 5 Major Orange Juice Brands. I got a tumour in my eye. Not sure if glyphosate was the cause but i lived near cell phone towers, so it could of been a lot of things. Low thyroid too.
Thanks so much for posting that link.

Acording to that article ( which is very good btw), ALL major orange juice companies are heavily contaminated with glyphosate. For me and many others who are upping their orange juice intake after reading about it here on the forum, that is a big concern. Just scrolling through the comments under the article, someone posted a link for a product called PURINIZE : “PURINIZE, a patented, liquid, water purification product that has been lab tested to neutralize glyphosate” I actually went to the website and ordered the product, which looked legit, because so many food products are sprayed with glyphosate. I am going to add it to the orange juice and water I’m drinking. and possibly my milk as well.

Btw, I’m just posting this for information. I have nothing to do with that product. But if I am going to be drinking a lot more o.j., personally I don’t want to be drinking juice that is heavily contaminated with glyphosate. It really pisses me off how much crap they have added to our food.

Even the organic juice has it too apparently. I could juice my own oranges because I have a juicer, but when oranges are not in season, that gets quite expensive.

This has happened to me a few times - after drinking OJ my nose gets stuffy.
Yesterday it happened to my friend too, I offered him some OJ and he had a big glass and maybe 10 minutes later he got a very stuffy nose seemingly out of random.

4 Possible suspects:

1. Glyphosate
Which is present on most produce, but some popular brands of OJ seem to have significant amounts.

2. Naringenin/Naringin
Both naringenin and naringin inhibiting CYP450 and reduce estrogen detoxification? RP says elevated estrogen can also increase histamine and thus allergic symptoms?
I know RP thinks naringenin is beneficial, but I think it's probably a plant toxin like the flavonoids in grapefruit, albeit weaker at inhibiting liver enzymes.

3. Manufacturing process
I don't make fresh-squeezed OJ often, but I don't think I ever encountered this issue when I squeeze the oranges myself, so perhaps the manufacturing of OJ, like the flavor packs, introduces an allergen?

4. Citric Acid
Unless someone can come up with a plausible mechanism by which Citric Acid can cause a stuffy nose, this sounds unlikely.
I’ve been getting a stuffy nose and I was kind of suspecting it was the orange juice. My stuffiness seemed to appear after drinking the juice. Personally, I think it’s the glyphosate.

OP
SOMO

SOMO

I’ve been getting a stuffy nose and I was kind of suspecting it was the orange juice. My stuffiness seemed to appear after drinking the juice. Personally, I think it’s the glyphosate.

What size OJ do you purchase usually? I'm not sure why this could be, but I find the OJ in the largest plastic container tastes less pleasant than the OJ in the smaller cardboard container.

What size OJ do you purchase usually? I'm not sure why this could be, but I find the OJ in the largest plastic container tastes less pleasant than the OJ in the smaller cardboard container.
Half gallon size in the cardboard container.

skuabird

Oh no, I drink Tropicana. Just recently I've been trying to go lower fat and have been drinking a lot of it (I prefer it over simply orange- maybe that's a mistake). I haven't been feeling well again, headaches and blurred vision. I stopped drinking juice last time this happened because I thought it was the sugar (+insulin resistance), but maybe it's actually something in the juice like pesticides. Very suspicious now. I can drink things with sugar and not get these weird symptoms...

K

Kayaker

Look at the ingredients: they add ascorbic acid into the product.
Remember Ray's interview where he noted everyone that took synthetic Vitamin C got cold symptoms.
I had stuffy nose, which I rarely have, after drinking fruit juice with added vitamin C. There's something seriously wrong with it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals