Stuff Like This Is Why I'm Losing My Religion

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Hmm, let me put it that way:
I am trying to be one, yerrag, yes (not raised) to the best of my ability.
:hattip

Glad you're searching.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Why? Doesn't your bible itself say the church is the first to burn?

A know it all. I like that. When will you start your sect?

Max23

This coronacrisis has made me think about religion more. I think viruses are a piece of god. The sum of all viruses equals god. They serve as messengers and tell what people have to do. The greatest blasphemy is vaccines, they replace god with a fake god and people get punished because of it. Otherwise people would have more god in them and be more healthy.
One of the worst sins is fear of death. It means one really doesn´t believe in god nor trust god. God doesn´t punish. God restores balance. If the climate changes, it is an act of god. Greed is also one of the worst sins, people should waste less. What peope can not do is tyrannize others, that is greed or fear of death, like with this coronacrisis. Social distancing is a blasphemy because it directly forces other people to turn the back on god.
The only true punishment is suffering. Death is not punishment. Death is a new opportunity, the transformation of life, a new task from god.

Peatful

90611A9B-89C2-4F31-9D1B-A921CB782E5B.png

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Sarcasm noted. Why would I want followers? I would be misleading them...
I thought your bible might be in the works, as mine had the burning church?

Cloudhands

Every religion has some philosophical gold, but to worship at all is weird. I enjoy life, dont hurt others unless it is in defense etc. To need some scripture to guide my thoughts and actions is to surrender agency to authority. I was raised jewish and of course there is some value if you ever need guidance or whatever, but i find spirituality in my experience. Dont forget that most religions were huge political authorities and that you probably wouldnt have been exposed to any abrahamic religion had it not been indoctrinated thru bloodshed and imperial domination. Culture at all is an issue, i need to think for myself and determine what is just by strengthening my empathy and accountability, rather than feeling i i have some superior world view because i tout exactly what is said in some book.

Gone Peating

Every religion has some philosophical gold, but to worship at all is weird. I enjoy life, dont hurt others unless it is in defense etc. To need some scripture to guide my thoughts and actions is to surrender agency to authority. I was raised jewish and of course there is some value if you ever need guidance or whatever, but i find spirituality in my experience. Dont forget that most religions were huge political authorities and that you probably wouldnt have been exposed to any abrahamic religion had it not been indoctrinated thru bloodshed and imperial domination. Culture at all is an issue, i need to think for myself and determine what is just by strengthening my empathy and accountability, rather than feeling i i have some superior world view because i tout exactly what is said in some book.

There are many people/civilizations throughout history who worshipped the Uncreated Creator, the Heavenly Father independent of the “Abrahamic religions”. You can look up Lao Tsu’s thoughts on the Tao for instance. I suggest you look up the story of Melchizedek (a Gentile) carrying bread and wine as he blessed Abraham. So, the father of the Jewish nation was blessed by a superior man in terms of God’s grace.

And as Scripture says, Christ is a priest “according to the order of Melchizedek” meaning He has His priestly ordination from God Himself, because He and the Father are one.

Nobody ever preached to love one’s enemies unchangingly even until the point of death as Christ did. Nobody else is the Way or the Truth.

Cloudhands

There are many people/civilizations throughout history who worshipped the Uncreated Creator, the Heavenly Father independent of the “Abrahamic religions”. You can look up Lao Tsu’s thoughts on the Tao for instance. I suggest you look up the story of Melchizedek (a Gentile) carrying bread and wine as he blessed Abraham. So, the father of the Jewish nation was blessed by a superior man in terms of God’s grace.

And as Scripture says, Christ is a priest “according to the order of Melchizedek” meaning He has His priestly ordination from God Himself, because He and the Father are one.

Nobody ever preached to love one’s enemies unchangingly even until the point of death as Christ did. Nobody else is the Way or the Truth.
Taoism isnt a religion, nor did lao tsu intend for anyone to continuously follow him. Like i said, there is value philosophically in religion, but to be a follower of a religion and say its "the way" is to just conform to that specific culture. Is it wrong? No. I only mentioned abrahamic religion because it is the religion being discussed, but to question religion because of what the pope says, means youre actually questioning authority and thats all religion is to some. I can read from any religion and theres great stuff from every religion, but im just a human living life without being apart of any religious group.

Gone Peating

Taoism isnt a religion, nor did lao tsu intend for anyone to continuously follow him. Like i said, there is value philosophically in religion, but to be a follower of a religion and say its "the way" is to just conform to that specific culture. Is it wrong? No. I only mentioned abrahamic religion because it is the religion being discussed, but to question religion because of what the pope says, means youre actually questioning authority and thats all religion is to some. I can read from any religion and theres great stuff from every religion, but im just a human living life without being apart of any religious group.

The Tao was his description of God, a personal and real God.

Christianity is not a religion (which means reaching up to God in Latin) because we believe God reached out to us out of care and love for us. There were many people like Lao Tzu throughout history who bc of their pure hearts and love for men or other reasons gained divine insights.

“Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God.”

I completely respect your rejection of religious institutions, but I suggest you to spend time meditating on the beatitudes and not so easily write off the Truth in them

Anstel

Don't listen to Francis. He is not Catholic. The Church is poisoned by infiltrators, and these leaders of the false church today are doing everything they can to destroy the true Faith. We were warned of this, both in Sacred Scripture and approved apparitions more recently, especially Fatima. It doesn't take too much effort to find the gist of the real third secret. Let's not let a bunch of clowns cause us to lose our religion!
(and I am a faithful Catholic thankful for the priests of the SSPX www
I agree with this. Vatican II in the 1960's completely turned the Catholic Church upside down. Those Catholics who reject those changes can still find the true traditional faith at SSPX chapels. I think Catholicism is a lot like nutrition. To understand it and find the truth of it requires going back to older sources and not believing much about what is said in the current culture. The current Catholic church may not be the true church. Is the Pope Catholic? Good question. At least we know he is a Marxist which is incompatible with Catholicism. Learning about Fatima is important.

Gone Peating

I agree with this. Vatican II in the 1960's completely turned the Catholic Church upside down. Those Catholics who reject those changes can still find the true traditional faith at SSPX chapels. I think Catholicism is a lot like nutrition. To understand it and find the truth of it requires going back to older sources and not believing much about what is said in the current culture. The current Catholic church may not be the true church. Is the Pope Catholic? Good question. At least we know he is a Marxist which is incompatible with Catholicism. Learning about Fatima is important.

To understand the true Church and its Traditions you need to go back another 1000 years.

Read the lives and works St. Athanasius the Great, St. John Chrysostom and St. Maximus the Confessor

Look into the WCC (World council of churches) and you will understand the “mystery of iniquity” that Paul spoke about.

“Because we have seen and experienced goodness, truth and holiness among followers of other paths and ways than that of Jesus Christ, we are forced to confront with total seriousness the question raised in the Guidelines on Dialogue (1979) concerning the universal creative and redemptive activity of God towards all humankind and the particular redemptive activity of God in the history of Israel and in the person and work of Jesus Christ (para. 23). We find ourselves recognizing a need to move beyond a theology which confines salvation to the explicit personal commitment to Jesus Christ.”

Baar Statement: Theological Perspectives on Plurality — World Council of Churches

All of the major world “churches” (even some non-Christian) have been members. And while the RCC is not “technically” a member they have played a huge leading role in organizing every church to merge into one under them regardless of doctrinal differences, AKA TRUTH

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States

"Taoism isn't a religion" is untrue
"Nor did lao tsu intend for anyone to continuously follow him" is OBVIOUSLY untrue

The Tao was his description of God, a personal and real God.

This would be arguably true if your definition of a personal God was the same as Meister Eckhart's (from what I understand it to be) but I don't think most Christians would agree in toto with the definition of Tao and I don't really think Watts or even Rose really understood it either though of course both were Chinese scholars and i respect their approach and so on. It's notable imo that even the Vajrayana definitions of emptiness and anatman leave room for this sort of deity, which is why I was comfortable becoming a Buddhist

J

jb116

Anyone who follows God loses their religion

This quote from the pope was actually quite accurate ‘God always forgives, we forgive sometimes, but nature never forgives,'
From a person who [should] represent literal belief in 'God', that is a tremendously stupid thing for him to say. One suddenly cleaves off and separates the idea of nature as distinct from God which emcompasses all? Fundamental philosophical flaws in these evil people. It demonstrates the flaw in that way of thinking and essentially how full of it he is, adding the vengeance and "gl0bal warming comment. These are not special people, these are villains and their stupidity can never mask that truth.

BibleBeliever

Reformed Christian here.

The pope is a fool.
God, not "mother nature" sent this plague, to whatever degree it truly is one.
God is sovereign and is in control of everything. He gives life, He brings death, He gives health and sickness. He controls the weather.
He is the King of the heavens and the earth, this is His domain.

All suffering and evil is the result of sin; because of His mercies we are not consumed.
Sin is transgression of His law. Lying, stealing, hatred, lust, blasphemy, dishonoring parents, murder, fornication, adultery, drunkenness, coveteousness, pride, unbelief, sorcery, all that is contrary to loving God and neighbour as self.

God is holy, He is pure, He is light. He cannot tolerate any blemish, anything impure. Try to get close to the sun, you would be consumed. Our God is a consuming fire. None are good enough for Him. We only deserve His wrath, His judgment, which is eternal hell outside of Christ.

God sent His Son only Son to die for the sins of the world, to save His people from their sins.
Jesus never sinned, died upon the cross, His blood was shed. The sins of His sheep were laid upon Him, He paid the penalty for those sins, endured the punishment. He was buried and rose again on the third day. He defeated death. He is the resurrection and the life.

All who repent and believe upon Christ have their sins forgiven and eternal life. They confess Jesus as Lord and believe in their heart that God has raised Him for the dead. After belief, they are baptized. As many as received Jesus, to them He gave the power to become the sons of God.
When one believes on Christ, the righteousness of Jesus is imputed to them, and their sins to Him. The blood of Christ washes away their sins, so God sees them as pure, they can now enter heaven. Christ laid down His life for His sheep and no man can pluck them out of His hand.

When one sees their sin and what they deserve it humbles them, it breaks them. In this estate one is prepared for the good news of the gospel of Christ.
So thus whether good or bad comes into the world, they can be like Job, who said; the Lord gives and takes away blessed be His name. Thou He slay me, yet will I trust in Him.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Psalm 115:3
But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.

Deuteronomy 32:39
See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

Deuteronomy 29:
22 So that the generation to come of your children that shall rise up after you, and the stranger that shall come from a far land, shall say, when they see the plagues of that land, and the sicknesses which the Lord hath laid upon it;

OP
yerrag

yerrag

No, it is because you put faith in man instead of God. I couldn't imagine mistaking the Pope for a holy man.

You're preaching. What sect are you?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals