Studying bats could have provided the best approach to COVID19 and any other "infection/disease."

RealNeat

- Bats have very efficient mitochondrial energy production aka high metabolism.

-Their high ROS production from metabolic processes is blunted by their resiliency to oxidation and DNA damage. (Couldn't be all that CO2...)

-Their acute and chronic inflammatory processes are blunted by dampening the STING protein (an inflammatory reaction to foreign DNA "viruses") and no PYHIN proteins, another inflammatory response activated by damaged DNA.

- Bats rarely get cancer and have very long lives in relation to their size.

So far we have
1. A high metabolic process.
2. Dampening of oxidation and concurrent DNA damage.
3. Highly efficient inflammation sequestration.

- They harbor so called deadly viruses but don't get sick from them. Supposedly because they always have their interferon alpha genes activated and the ability to quickly activate the enzyme ribonuclease L via interferons to make the genetic info of viruses "bite size", causing hyper vigilance and quick clearance of so called viral activity.

- Viruses lie dormant in the bat until a stressor activates the viral presence by lowering the bats previously mentioned "anti-viral" defenses. However as made popular by sarscov2 when the viruses emerge from "hiding" the bats show no symptoms. Effectively making them a target for mask mandates and the noble title of "asymptomatic carrier." This symptom free infection is attributed to their highly effective suppression of inflammation

- "researchers" surmise that this robust defense against viruses is what makes their jump to humans so dangerous. We, unlike them, are not fast metabolizing, oxidation suppressing, inflammation quelling machines. Hence when we encounter a virus trained in the fight club that is a bats body it goes to town on our biology.

-The video concludes with suggesting we find out more of the bats "tricks" to battle other diseases of inflammation, which he then goes on to list, and as you probably guessed they are the common leading killers.

- I guess what I'm really to to point out here is that, :rightagain2

PS: this video made the concept of an immune system look like a little b**** in comparison to a robust properly oxidizing metabolism.

Last edited:
OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

Just wanted to draw more attention to this post I did a while back considering all the long COVID talk and it's likely solutions.

Cloudhands

Cloudhands

also
Sweet, that really tied it up nicely.
also, ive seen things about high dose melatonin being a route for treating covid, i cant help but think about bats creating higher levels of melatonin than other mammals due to needing to sleep during the daylight, which plays into them sleeping upside down, pooling more blood into their relatively large pineal glands. Though I dont know if focusing on one node in a network of various organs and activities is as useful as looking at their being and metabolism as a whole, meaning i dont think high dose melatonin is as useful as improving our overall health in general, in a more "human" way.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals