Study Stating That Unsaturated Fatty Acids Increase Testosterone

schultz

Ray has been proven wrong on that point and a few others. There’s many posts on this very forum discussing this PUFA/SFA burn if you want to dig deeper.
Ray is a great thinker but he shouldn’t be taken as gospel.

I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt, this is true.

I imagine something like C:10 would be burned over something like 18:3.

Reading through this thread it appears to me, if anything, he is indeed correct.

milkboi

Depends on how you define a Peaty diet. It can be the icecream, liver, milk, OJ variety (not low in arachidonic acid), or the really low PUFA variety of skim milk, HCO, OJ etc., which ofc is by design low in AA.

baccheion

Study one and three just show that low fat = less androgens, which we already know.
Study two is simply a correlation.
Does this lowering of androgens still occur with added fat-soluble vitamins and maybe pregnenolone (+ DHEA)? What causes the decrease? Lower cholesterol? Lower pregnenolone? How does sugar/fruit factor in, as the body is said to be able to create cholesterol from glucose?

Mauritio

This study says that animals who consumed butter had a 10 times higher testosterone level than animals consuming rapeseed oil.
Can anyone get the full text ??

"The average testosterone level in the control group was 2.4. This value in the different groups fed by 10% oils, the maximum was 12.2 and the minimum was 1.35 assigned to animal butter and rapeseed oil, respectively."

- https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/10641963.2022.2105348?needAccess=true

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals