STUDY: 70% Of Facebook Users Only Read The Headline Of Science Stories Before Commenting

Sucrates

NEW YORK, NY – A recent study showed that 70% of people actually never read more than the headline of a science article before commenting and sharing.

This is pretty crazy. Why do they even do this kind of research?

Study: 70% of Facebook users only read the headline of science stories before commenting
H1toi5i.gif

jitsmonkey

This isn't all that surprising. Think about all the studies posted in this group (certainly a more interested group than the avg FB user) that likely NEVER get read.
Reading is hard work... peeps dont like that stuff so much. 6pm news is easier.

OP
S
This isn't all that surprising. Think about all the studies posted in this group that likely NEVER get read.
Reading is hard work... peeps dont like that stuff so much. 6pm news is easier.
I think a 1-2 sentence headline can bring out more of our own opinions than a few actual paragraphs. This is probably why aphorisms are a thing. But why do they study this stuff lol?

Kartoffel

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
TLDR?

OP
S
Did you just seriously fall for that or are you testing us?
What? This really happens, and not just on facebook. It may be "Peatish" or not, but just the fact that "clickbait" was invented shows that this is a real phenomenon.

milk_lover

I am guilty of this even in this forum. I like to read people opinions and their interpretation of the study than reading the actual study because it's usually written in passive tense. It sounds like a mechanic robotic writing..

yerrag

Not true. Coz 70% already said they only click the 'LIKE' button.

yerrag

;)

OP
S
I am guilty of this even in this forum. I like to read people opinions and their interpretation of the study than reading the actual study because it's usually written in passive tense. It sounds like a mechanic robotic writing..
Word. But if you notice, making the conscious choice to go and click the link (even picking your own paragraphs instead of letting your eye fall on the bolded underlined parts) will require a certain amount of energy.

milk_lover

Word. But if you notice, making the conscious choice to go and click the link (even picking your own paragraphs instead of letting your eye fall on the bolded underlined parts) will require a certain amount of energy.
Oh God what have I clicked?!! AHAHA

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals