Studies Say Minoxidil Is Anti-androgenic

RisingSun

The way I see it, you are reading this right.

Yet another example of (un)voluntary side effect dissimulation by the pharma industry.

They probably also genuinely didn’t know and found out by chance that it possesses anti-androgenic activity.

Sheik

Consider that minoxidil works for men trying to grow facial hair. I don't think AA is the main mechanism of action.

I wish minox worked for me but the side effects are horrible.

johnwester130

If DHT causes baldness, why are they taking somethiung to increase ciruclation to the scalp ?

Finasteride actually blocks 11 hormones, so makes you wonder.

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
T

TheBeard

The above study contradicts this one:

Steroidogenic enzymes in skin. - PubMed - NCBI

which states that: "biologically inactive C19-steroids produced by glandular and peripheral tissues may also feed into the scalp skin production of dihydrotestosterone by the local expression of reductive 17b-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, oxidative 3a-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, and 3b-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase enzymes. Aberrant expression of one or more of these enzymes, could conceivably result in increased scalp dihydrotestosterone levels, and possibly, acceleration of the balding process in genetically predisposed men and women."

Julles

The above study contradicts this one:

Steroidogenic enzymes in skin. - PubMed - NCBI

which states that: "biologically inactive C19-steroids produced by glandular and peripheral tissues may also feed into the scalp skin production of dihydrotestosterone by the local expression of reductive 17b-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, oxidative 3a-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, and 3b-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase enzymes. Aberrant expression of one or more of these enzymes, could conceivably result in increased scalp dihydrotestosterone levels, and possibly, acceleration of the balding process in genetically predisposed men and women."

Possibly?? Really objective. Yeah, science b****! Assumptions?

I really hate these studies... the guy who wrote it should be smacked in the face with the paper rolled.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals