Studies On The Benefits Of Sugar

EndAllDisease

Hey I'm looking to amass a collection of studies that show SUGAR is beneficial. There's never been a time when people have needed this information more, and what's important are the empirical evidences that show this.

I'll throw out what I know, feel free to add to it.
  1. I heard Ray mention in a radio show that there was a study where diabetic women, because of the elevated blood levels of glucose and greater glucose availability for her growing child, when born they had bigger brains and greater intelligence. I wasn't able to find this study! Please post if you've got it.
  2. Ray also mentioned a study on allergies where I think it was white sugar was an effective antidote and reduced allergies vs the control who wasn't given sugar. I wasn't able to find this study either! Please post if you've got it.
  3. Bears in hibernation become diabetic, and then when they wake up they eat a ton of honey and this cures their diabetes. Source: Grizzly bears become ‘diabetic’ when they hibernate

OP
EndAllDisease

EndAllDisease

4. Study: Fructose vs. glucose in total parenteral nutrition in critically ill patients:
"The benefits of fructose-specific metabolic effects reported in the literature and corroborated by the results of out own study suggest that fructose is an important nutrient that contributes to metabolic stabilization, especially in the post-aggression phase and in septic patients."

Source: [Fructose vs. glucose in total parenteral nutrition in critically ill patients]. - PubMed - NCBI

jyb

1. Bears in hibernation become diabetic, and then when they wake up they eat a ton of honey and this cures their diabetes. Source: Grizzly bears become ‘diabetic’ when they hibernate

It's probably because they didn't have diabetes and the researchers confused diabetes and normal insulin function when less glucose is used. There are dozens of interesting articles on this blog making the difference between physiological, temporary insulin resistance and the broken, pufa insulin resistance in disease: http://high-fat-nutrition.blogspot.co.uk/2007/10/physiological-insulin-resistance.htm

KDawg

in the grizzly bear article no where does it mention they eat honey?

KDawg

nvm sorry i only read the article not the study, the study does say "retracted" on it. does this mean the conclusion was retracted? whats going on wiht that study

kreeese

dont need studies you need experience! common sense the body all cells run on sugar...I eat a ton of it have for years!!

orewashin

From my experience, a person shouldn’t eat enough sugar to the point of being overweight, and eating it in the form of fruit or fruit juice helps prevent this due to having nutrients that help utilize the sugar properly.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals