Studies: High-dose Thiamine Improves Fibromyalgia & Fatigue Symptoms + Own Experiment!

OP
Mr Rossi

Mr Rossi

24. Day 24.02.2016
900mg B1 (Thiamine HCL) in the morning after breakfast.
Magnesium Glycinate (Pure Encapsulation) and Milk Thistle at night.

I got a cold with slight fever a few days ago.

My sleep is getting better with Magnesium Gylcinate and Milk Thistle.

Until now I only have small and unstable successes with my B1 experiment.
I can't find the right dose for me.

I pause for a few days and start again at the lowest dose. This time per dose one week.
It can not be that I'm just one of those which do not react to the Vitamin B1.

:depressed::vomit::confused:

Last edited:
OP
Mr Rossi

Mr Rossi

The cold is better:)

New Experiment with Vitamin B1
After I wrote with the doctor I start a new trial. :bookworm:
Only 300mg Thiamine HCL for several days in the morning.
Let's see what happens. I'm a very hypersensitive person and maybe a lower dose is the key.:crystalball:

1. Day
300mg B1 in the morning before breakfast.
Magnesium Glycinate (Pure Encapsulation) and Milk Thistle at night.

zooma

B-vitamins seem to work together mostly, so if you provide an abundance of one it may deplete 1 or more of the others. Considering how much B1 you have taken over the last few weeks, have you tried supplementing some of the others?

OP
Mr Rossi

Mr Rossi

B-vitamins seem to work together mostly, so if you provide an abundance of one it may deplete 1 or more of the others. Considering how much B1 you have taken over the last few weeks, have you tried supplementing some of the others?
Good point. Tomorrow I will try to take B2 and B6 with it.
But Dr. Costantini used only Thiamine in most of his studies.

I react very badly to some of the B vitamins. B3 and B12 gave me strong tiredness and brainfog.
In the past I tried a lot of different Vitamin B complex products. Always the same bad reaction.

Giraffe

I tried Niacin and Niacinamide in different doses. Always the same reaction.
Different doses can mean a lot of different things. :) The last time I searched for a niacinamide supplement most of them had 250 or 500 mg. Peat recommends 50-100 mg twice a day.

If it makes you tired that can actually be a good sign, it's bringing down stress hormones. Some use it to help fall asleep easier.

Birdie

Thanks for sharing your results, Mr Rossi.

Note that niacinamide increases stomach acid so best taken with a meal. In case anybody wants to take it for sleep, best with food.

tara

@Mr Rossi,
I can't remember if you have spelled out what and how much you are eating somewhere? Want to run a typical day's food cronometer or similar and see how it looks? Do you think you are typically getting in cooey of 3000 cals day?

Niacinamide in high doses can have the effect of lowering blood sugars if insufficient carbs are being supplied. Low blood sugar can mess with brain function, and it looks upthread as though some people have found similar with B1. Personally, I take no more than 100mg at a time, sometimes less, twice sometimes thrice a day. When I accidentally took more than this a couple of times a day it did not go well (though I'm not confident about cause - it could be I was already off track and that's why I made the mistakes).

Stuffy nose makes me wonder if you are breathing through your mouth instead of nose, and therefore hyperventilating. One of the many things CO2 does is help calm nerves (and help facilitate oxygen supply to tissues).

Are you getting regular sunlight on your skin, esp. near pain areas?

Sorry if you've answered these elsewhere.

It can not be that I'm just one of those which do not react to the Vitamin B1.
Maybe the people who responded so well to vit B1 were all people who were particularly deficient in B1, and maybe you have some other deficiency that wants filling?

OP
Mr Rossi

Mr Rossi

I finished my B1 Experiment after several days.
No success.

Maybe I try a very low dose in the future.

Birdie

@Mr Rossi,

Niacinamide in high doses can have the effect of lowering blood sugars if insufficient carbs are being supplied. Low blood sugar can mess with brain function, and it looks upthread as though some people have found similar with B1. Personally, I take no more than 100mg at a time, sometimes less, twice sometimes thrice a day.

Yes, finally learning about the effect of high dose niacinamide on the blood sugar, has solved my long time problem of often feeling dizzy and listless after breakfast. Taking it at bedtime is working for me.

Mr Rossi,
I , too, have experience with FMS and fatigue. It's a long road. Hope you continue to work at it and let us know how you do.

Birdie

FMS and CFS checking in.
Me too.
I'm still benefiting from LDN and just recently tried nightshades again. Ate potatoes. Yep, not for me. Huge pain reaction in joints/muscles. I figure it took almost 3 weeks to be rid of the nightshade effect. I think it's time to be convinced that I really am nightshade sensitive.

Is there a CFS Fibromyalgia thread on the forum?

Birdie

How did you obtain LDN? Doctor? It's something I've looked into, but I'm certain my doctor would never give me a prescription.
I get it from "alldaychemist".

DaveFoster

Me too.
I'm still benefiting from LDN and just recently tried nightshades again. Ate potatoes. Yep, not for me. Huge pain reaction in joints/muscles. I figure it took almost 3 weeks to be rid of the nightshade effect. I think it's time to be convinced that I really am nightshade sensitive.

Is there a CFS Fibromyalgia thread on the forum?
That's very interesting Birdie; I have some on hand. Do you have a log, or would you mind explaining the benefits you've experienced from LDN?

I'm currently on Flagyl and Keflex to treat SIBO (antibiotic therapy.)

Birdie

That's very interesting Birdie; I have some on hand. Do you have a log, or would you mind explaining the benefits you've experienced from LDN?

I'm currently on Flagyl and Keflex to treat SIBO (antibiotic therapy.)
Yes, I have a log.
It's called something like "Starting with Fibromyalgia, CFS and Post Polio Syn."

I dissolve a 50mg tab in 50ml distilled water... Keep it in fridge.

Flagyl is rough stuff.

DaveFoster

Yes, I have a log.
It's called something like "Starting with Fibromyalgia, CFS and Post Polio Syn."

I dissolve a 50mg tab in 50ml distilled water... Keep it in fridge.

Flagyl is rough stuff.
I'll check out your log, thanks Birdie. I'm using cyproheptadine to protect against the Flagyl; it still reduces my appetite and I get the nausea, but it's bearable with cypro.

It just so happens that I have some naltrexone on hand, so I'll give that a go after talking to my doc. Being a mad scientist certainly has its benefits. Muahahaha.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals