Struggling with high ACTH results, am I taking supplements too late in the day?

tastyfood

I had the highest result of ACTH this week, with 99.1 pg/mL, at 8 in the morning. The reference range for tests in the AM is 7.2-63.3 pg/mL.

One of the things I'm evaluating is my consumption of supplements and thyroid towards bed time.

Could it be that taking stimulating things before bed, even if I had some food to go with the supplements/medicine, could be increasing my stress reaction in the morning?

I've had high ACTH results for the last 6 months: 66.2, 71.1, 74.8, and 99 pg/mL. in the last 4 tests.

How are you all approaching supplementation before bed time? Is it best to stop in the evening, around 8pm perhaps?

Thank you!

FitnessMike

I had the highest result of ACTH this week, with 99.1 pg/mL, at 8 in the morning. The reference range for tests in the AM is 7.2-63.3 pg/mL.

One of the things I'm evaluating is my consumption of supplements and thyroid towards bed time.

Could it be that taking stimulating things before bed, even if I had some food to go with the supplements/medicine, could be increasing my stress reaction in the morning?

I've had high ACTH results for the last 6 months: 66.2, 71.1, 74.8, and 99 pg/mL. in the last 4 tests.

How are you all approaching supplementation before bed time? Is it best to stop in the evening, around 8pm perhaps?

Thank you!
do you have any symptoms of high stress?

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

do you have any symptoms of high stress?

Yes, mainly frequent urination, and waking up at night to pee.

More importantly, I have many test results indicative of biological stress, including a prolactin of 19, and AM cortisol in the upper side of the range.

FitnessMike

Yes, mainly frequent urination, and waking up at night to pee.

More importantly, I have many test results indicative of biological stress, including a prolactin of 19, and AM cortisol in the upper side of the range.
Its high adrenaline at night most likely causing both..

Are you hypo? pulse? temps? are you eating enough food? nutritious food?

OP
tastyfood

tastyfood

Its high adrenaline at night most likely causing both..

Are you hypo? pulse? temps? are you eating enough food? nutritious food?
Yes. I have hypothyroidism. I take 150 mcg of T4 and 36 of T3. I take some of this before bed (no more than 9 mcg of T3, and always with food.

Diet consists mostly of Peat's recommendations.

Pulse and temp are good and I measure throughout the day.

Do you have any thoughts on my timing question? Best to avoid late consumption of stimulating things to avoid an excessive increase in adrenaline at night?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals