Strong.Sistas - Dr Ray Peat Q&A | PUFAS, Fructose, Weight Loss, PCOS, Hormones, Cholesterol, & More

T

TheBeard

I have an issue with the way they talk.
Especially the older one, the brunette, is so stressed out and anxious, it's painful to watch. So much aggressivity in her.

That'll be a good test: whatever makes her calm down will be a great diet.

So far they've been dabbling between carnivore, keto, and meat-based clean carbs diets.

Interesting personalities still

LUH 3417

Especially the older one, the brunette, is so stressed out and anxious, it's painful to watch. So much aggressivity in her.

So far they've been dabbling between carnivore, keto, and meat-based clean carbs diets.

Interesting personalities still
I like them. It makes Peat’s work more accessible in some ways. None of my female friends or family are open to listening to Ray talk about biochemistry but I have a feeling they would watch at least half of one of these videos.

ursidae

I think she’s been eating peaty for three months now. They look pretty healthy and vibrant to me. There really are people out there that this diet works for

Energizer

Yeah, it doesn't seem like there has been many young people into Ray's work, especially young women. I am glad to see that changing.

Last edited:

Dutchie

Yeah, it doesn't seem like there has been many young people into Ray's work, especially young women. I am glad to see that changing.

I think they discovered Ray's work through Matt Blackburn. That's who they originally talked about and interviewed.

mitolife

I have had a lot of eyeballs on me from the carnivore community for the past couple of years. Now we see Paul Saladino and other carnivore diet proponents talking about the harms of PUFAs, but not talking about iron overload, lipofuscin, or the fact that a carnivore diet will raise estrogen, contributing to the PUFA problem. It is still good to see a stir being created. Many people have their entire income stream built up on the carnivore diet so to many this information feels like an existential threat to their existence.

Lejeboca

Love this artwork form the show start:
scree.png

Energizer

I have had a lot of eyeballs on me from the carnivore community for the past couple of years. Now we see Paul Saladino and other carnivore diet proponents talking about the harms of PUFAs, but not talking about iron overload, lipofuscin, or the fact that a carnivore diet will raise estrogen, contributing to the PUFA problem. It is still good to see a stir being created. Many people have their entire income stream built up on the carnivore diet so to many this information feels like an existential threat to their existence.

Kudos to you for getting more people interested in Ray's work and sharing good information with people on nutrition.

JonahMark

Hello Matt,
Lets not also forget how the whole carnivore movement is propped up on the anecdotes of a couple of families thriving on carnivore for 10+ years, the Anderson family comes to mind.

One thing the strong sistas brought up to Ray was how is it the Intuit were thriving on an all meat diet? This is another point made by the carnivore community how certain societies have thrived on an all meat diet and the Inuit are always brought up. My understanding is this has been debunked. I forgot who mentioned it or where I read it but it's something to the effect that they were not thriving and actually had shorter life spans compared to other societies.

SonOfEurope

Yeh... I am one of few, got into his articles at 23 or 24 and have incorporated his advice since (28 now).

The use of Progesterone has even helped me come clean off a Benzodiazepine dependency I had since those amazing Doctors prescribed me the abominations at 20 years old.

And hell... I've even gained 25+lbs of dry muscle since resuming a lifting routine I abandoned at 23... One day the name Ray Peat will be known to all Humanity.

Energizer

Yeh... I am one of few, got into his articles at 23 or 24 and have incorporated his advice since (28 now).

The use of Progesterone has even helped me come clean off a Benzodiazepine dependency I had since those amazing Doctors prescribed me the abominations at 20 years old.

And hell... I've even gained 25+lbs of dry muscle since resuming a lifting routine I abandoned at 23... One day the name Ray Peat will be known to all Humanity.
Cheers.:cheers

tankasnowgod

Hello Matt,
Lets not also forget how the whole carnivore movement is propped up on the anecdotes of a couple of families thriving on carnivore for 10+ years, the Anderson family comes to mind.

One thing the strong sistas brought up to Ray was how is it the Intuit were thriving on an all meat diet? This is another point made by the carnivore community how certain societies have thrived on an all meat diet and the Inuit are always brought up. My understanding is this has been debunked. I forgot who mentioned it or where I read it but it's something to the effect that they were not thriving and actually had shorter life spans compared to other societies.

On the blog "Free The Animal," there was an article on the Inuit and Carbs years ago-

Disrupting Paleo: Inuit and Masai Ate Carbs and Prebiotics, Part 1

The main points were that the Inuit did indeed eat carby plants in the summer, and they also tried to eat meat in the winter freshly killed as much as possible, for to get the glycogen.

When the Inuit were eating low carb, it was more out of necessity than choice.

mirrak

Why did you start taking progesterone? How much do you take. It's good for anxiety?

SonOfEurope

Why did you start taking progesterone? How much do you take. It's good for anxiety?

To help me come off benzos and for the fact that it is the most brain-protective hormone and regenerative substance right up there with Co2 and Thyroid.

It's the most relaxing substance that exist perhaps only challenged by Androsterone but much more pro-adaptive and rejuvenating. I've only more recently added weekly Pregnenolone to boost the DHEA up a bit to match and the Androsterone... Well... For its androgenicity enhancing Progesterone's Anabolism.

baccheion

Does sufficient pregnenolone work the same as progesterone?

SonOfEurope

Amigos,... Progesterone is the definition of Anti- Anxiety, take a full teaspoon of Progest-e or apply 50 drops of Haiduts' progestene and you won't have a care in the world....

SonOfEurope

Does sufficient pregnenolone work the same as progesterone?

It's it's precursor and would increase its amount in the body, but has its own effects and also turns into other hormones.. So Not quite,

In addressing a state of injury/ damage directly I'd always go with progesterone.

First, you need a MASSIVE dose of Pregnenolone (say... 500mg) to get a more spaced out equivalent of what you get from just 50mg of Progesterone, Preg. Has its own cycles and recycles....

Above pregnenolone lies cholesterol... But I would not take Cholesterol to reap the benefits of Pregnenolone.... Simply because the body will find a homeostasis to direct the pregnenolone not only to progesterone but into every branch, pro-gaba hormones, pro-exitation ones and so on...

So while taking a large amount of Pregnenolone will obviously increase progesterone, it will not have it's direct therapeutic effects as it cascades down to keep everything in balance... But it's still a good defence against the occasional stress response and /ir shock assuming your metabolism is healthy enough to direct it in the right pathways.

For anything related to adaptation... Progesterone is progesterone and neither taking its direct precursor OR a metabolite will do the job only it can do.

I would not have recovered from Benzodiazepine dependency relying on progesterone's precursor (Pregnenolone) alone... Peat recommends Progesterone as nature's true estrogen antagonist and adaptive substance. Pregnenolone OTOH Is the precursor of everything and the body will maintain the established homeostasis by directing to some amount of every hormone below and repairing the most urgent damages... But it will help repair that broken metabolic state by providing the raw materials for Progesterone, DHEA, the Androgens and Mineralocorticoids as the body may need them.

If you'll try Pregenolone because you're afraid of the "anti-androgenic" sides of Progesterone (which are temporary, Progesterone is in fact a weak androgen that displaces T from turning into the more potent DHT as it wins the competition for 5-Apha... But it does this in a harmless and fully reversible way - remember.. The hormone of rejuvenation ) Then you should take lower doses of Pregnenolone, such as 15 or 20 mg, two to three times per day, that way you keep a balanced inflow of that precursor to feed the proper pathways.

Last edited:

SonOfEurope

Or to make things simple you can just take Haidut's pansterone (Pregnenolone + DHEA in good balance ) and add occasional Progesterone when you feel you need it's immense anti-anxiety, anti-inflammatory & pro-recovery/adaptation effects.

Last edited: