Strong.Sistas - Dr Ray Peat Q&A | PUFAS, Fructose, Weight Loss, PCOS, Hormones, Cholesterol, & More

T

TheBeard

Finding the optimal diet is something all humans should be doing. It does not mean you have some condition you need to cure.

Then you don't know them.
They indeed have something to cure, it's in all their videos: energy issues, bloating.

Discussion closed.

Kykeon

1634680520594.png

i think they recover from amenorrhea, but i am not quite sure.

Gungnir

Then you don't know them.
They indeed have something to cure, it's in all their videos: energy issues, bloating.

Discussion closed.
Ah yes, I forgot about the medical conditions known as "energy issues" and bloating. Truly a tragedy they have been struck with such cruel ailments. I am glad you were able to diagnose them properly via not liking the way they say words.

FredSonoma

Yeh... I am one of few, got into his articles at 23 or 24 and have incorporated his advice since (28 now).

The use of Progesterone has even helped me come clean off a Benzodiazepine dependency I had since those amazing Doctors prescribed me the abominations at 20 years old.

And hell... I've even gained 25+lbs of dry muscle since resuming a lifting routine I abandoned at 23... One day the name Ray Peat will be known to all Humanity.
I have a family member on Benzos, though I'm not sure they'd even want to try to get off them. Do you think just Progesterone is enough to help someone get off?

K

Kayaker

I have a family member on Benzos, though I'm not sure they'd even want to try to get off them. Do you think just Progesterone is enough to help someone get off?
Yes, larger doses would be helpful.

Mito

Thanks, have you had personal experience or known someone who has?
Yeah tell me about it man... Gaba dis-regulation from alcohol or benzos is terrifying.... Sometimes I still feel as if I'm living in a dream from coming out of a 4 1/2 year dependence on 2mg K-pin (strongest Benzo or among the strongest ) in that 20 month withdrawal with the scratches reduction and progesterone daily that helped me make it out (mostly) unharmed. (The trauma of what I went through will stay for ever).

I guess I just gave my brain enough time and resources to re adapt and wire itself back to normal.

At least I didn't end up getting seizures or a permanent damage thanks to the P4, and still... 2 years to get out of it - couldn't do it faster.

Androsterone is still OK in the SFA/OA version... In fact I'd prefer that sublingualy/orally for a modest 5 or 6 drops.... Androsterone doesn't "hit" you like Progesterone with its sedation or Direct DHT with a boner within 2 minutes - it's first noticeable effect is purely a mental thing, you should feel either a careless and confident relaxation or an improvement in immediate sociability/stress management.... Hardly noticeable but still. This is it's direct anti estrogenic and anti Glutamate brain effect and it's Kind of hard to describe.... Not to mention the taste of that pheromone in your mouth.

Then after 20 or 25 minutes or so at least in my case and someone else I know who uses it, you (should/might) get a detectable but short lived burst of natural libido, a simple boner.... This is some of it converting to DHT, it feels just like natural morning wood.... Doesn't last long though.... This is followed by the diuretic nature of all strong androgens that work against water retention and then about an hour or two after application you'd feel normal but the Aromatase inhibition does last for quite a few hours - and that's the most important thing.

The P+T combo could already be doing most of that which Andro would do anyways so just experiment with the ethanol version and see... You can just be sure it's a very reliable AI in doses of 4 - 10mg without liver toxicity especially when there are precursors like Pregnenolone or Progesterone present.

I have an issue with the way they talk.
Especially the older one, the brunette, is so stressed out and anxious, it's painful to watch. So much aggressivity in her.

That'll be a good test: whatever makes her calm down will be a great diet.

So far they've been dabbling between carnivore, keto, and meat-based clean carbs diets.

Interesting personalities still

The one in the back?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals