Strong.Sistas - Dr Ray Peat Q&A | PUFAS, Fructose, Weight Loss, PCOS, Hormones, Cholesterol, & More

Mito

I've only more recently added weekly Pregnenolone to boost the DHEA up a bit to match and the Androsterone... Well... For its androgenicity enhancing Progesterone's Anabolism.
What is your thought on taking pregnenalone to boost DHEA rather than just taking a small amount of DHEA with the progesterone?

baccheion

Or to make things simple you can just take Haidut's pansterone (Pregnenolone + DHEA in good balance ) and add occasional Progesterone when you feel you need it's immense anti-anxiety, anti-inflammatory & pro-recovery/adaptation effects.
What if I just megadose everything 1x/week? How does that differ from daily dosing?

SonOfEurope

What is your thought on taking pregnenalone to boost DHEA rather than just taking a small amount of DHEA with the progesterone?

Well Mito... Dhea is needed in much smaller amounts but still the thing is, and I might be partially wrong, is that I believe each individual hormone, if you want to reap it's individual benefit.. . Is best taken separately.

In my case I only tried DHEA experimented with different doses each for a separated time of a week:

10 mg daily
6mg daily
3mg daily
1mg daily

10 was brutally estrogenic, I had to up my Progesterone to offset the bloating and excitation almost mania. 6mg wasn't much better and didn't really feel much other than (more vivid) memories on the 1ng daily if anything. I stayed there

So that why I've gone with Pregnenolone as main source to give my body whatever of it it may need without an excess... On the safe side with dhea it aromatizes easily past a certain individual dose. I do not care much about the individual effect of DHEA since I already take a strong androgen that goes straight to DHT (androsterone ) I still believe that if you find the right balance (but never more than 5mg DHEA) go ahead separately.

And hey let's not forget that we are not roid-heads... We're talking about the highest-most upstream precursor hormones (Pregnenolone, progesterone and DHEA ).

In the case of Pregnenolone and dhea it's a matter of preference as if you take 200mg Pregnenolone morning, by the next afternoon 40 or 50mg will have ended up as progesterone, maybe 8 or 10 mg as dhea and the rest is being used in its own functions in the body, recycled over a longer of many days because the body has mechanisms to avoid "spikes " of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA ) as this guy can indeed go down the aromatase pathway. And even has mechanism to not allow, say, 150mg of the 200 mg of Pregnenolone to spike as progesterone... This is why you cannot fully reap the therapeutic nature of DHEA (if you're interested in the higher androgens but personally also estrogen if you are not very careful) and Progesterone to their full extent just by mass dosing their precursor - Just as you would not get the benefit of 200mg Pregnenolone by eating 1 gram of even the highest purity cholesterol.

Never mind the fact that in practically anyone over 25 it so the hormonal metabolic pathways have been so damaged by estrogen and poor thyroid function that it's foolish to count on their bodies following the most beneficial pathways or even using the balancing substance to its best potential.

(I also supplement thyroid, only occasionally now since I had elevated TSH back in 2015-16... Before starting Progesterone)

So I do take them all separately, Progesterone has been the foundation of my recovery and good health, but I also wanted to boost anabolicity and androgenicity so I added weekly preg . Plus a small amount of DHEA and androsterone .

Best of luck!

Last edited:

SonOfEurope

What if I just megadose everything 1x/week? How does that differ from daily dosing?

Progesterone will be too sedating to take 300 or 400mg at once.. Natural testicular progesterone is produced every night and released together with testosterone, men normally produce 7 or 8mg per night when young and healthy... I'd advice 40mg four times a week as the most casual... Personally I do 34mg daily divided into two 17mg morning and 17mg before bed... 10 drops of Haiduts progestene = 17 mg.

You DO NOT WANT to do single massive dose DHEA! 3 mg a day or 6mg every other day at most.

With Pregnenolone you can either go daily or weekly... Just because it's such an upstream hormone... Only cholesterol is higher... That the body knows how to "cycle and recycle " a single large dose for 5 or 6 days easily... I do weekly too... 300 mg every Saturday.

You guys should read Haiduts posts on DHEA and Pregnenolone, the discussion went very deep and it's all better explained than I ever could.

Last edited:

Kykeon

Progesterone will be too sedating to take 300 or 400mg at once.. Natural testicular progesterone is produced every night and released together with testosterone, men normally produce 7 or 8mg per night when young and healthy... I'd advice 40mg four times a week as the most casual... Personally I do 34mg daily divided into two 17mg morning and 17mg before bed... 10 drops of Haiduts progestene = 17 mg.

You DO NOT WANT to do single massive dose DHEA! 3 mg a day or 6mg every other day at most.

With Pregnenolone you can either go daily or weekly... Just because it's such an upstream hormone... Only cholesterol is higher... That the body knows how to "cycle and recycle " a single large dose for 5 or 6 days easily... I do weekly too... 300 mg every Saturday.

You guys should read Haiduts posts on DHEA and Pregnenolone, the discussion went very deep and it's all better explained than I ever could.
i just got vitamin e with progesterone, does it taste bitter or is it a sign of rancidity?

Gungnir

The way they talk indicates a metabolic issue causing stress.
Hence taking whatever advice they give with a grain of salt, as they can't fix their own issues.
The fact that you micro-analyze people on this level indicates a metabolic issue causing stress.

See how easy that is? You don't know this girl at all.

Beastmode

Seeing more people getting into regenerative farming is a great thing. Being aligned with Peat's work is even greater. I plan on doing this soon as well.

T

TheBeard

The fact that you micro-analyze people on this level indicates a metabolic issue causing stress.

See how easy that is? You don't know this girl at all.

Being critical isn't being judgemental.
I make sure to analyze before diving in, that's all.

Common sense would dictate to not replicate the advice of someone who hasn't cured their own issues with said advice.

PaRa

yup high retinol intake gives me carotenemia if i consume carotene
low retinol intake = can load on carotene without issues

Gungnir

Being critical isn't being judgemental.
I make sure to analyze before diving in, that's all.

Common sense would dictate to not replicate the advice of someone who hasn't cured their own issues with said advice.
Cured of what? You just diagnosed her with a metabolic issue by how she spoke. You have no clue what you are even talking about.

Gungnir

Are you the girl in the video?
No. Just a casual observer pointing out silly comments that some people will, unfortunately, tie to Ray Peat and his work.

"Bro look at the way she said that sentence---she has a metabolic disorder! It's clear as day!" lol what a joke

T

TheBeard

Cured of what? You just diagnosed her with a metabolic issue by how she spoke. You have no clue what you are even talking about.

So she's been trying to find the best diet possible for years onwards but she has nothing to cure?
Watch their videos, they make it perfectly clear what they are intending to cure.

Gungnir

So she's been trying to find the best diet possible for years onwards but she has nothing to cure?
Watch their videos, they make it perfectly clear what they are intending to cure.
Finding the optimal diet is something all humans should be doing. It does not mean you have some condition you need to cure.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals